Memory prisms & Lore Searches

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Atlantahammy

Memory prisms & Lore Searches

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Thank you ;w; As someone struggling to find the stream books, specially the last one my character needs, this is definitely a big help, also gives people more incentive to bring wizards to places like Umbrik and Bloodmoons~

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: Memory prisms & Lore Searches

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:03 am

I just triggered my first extra books from lore, and I'm very happy about this. I'll have to hit up Bloodmoon later and see what I can find! BOOOOOOOOOOOOKS!

Peppermint

Post by Peppermint » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:04 am

Also glad this was made easier.

I'd initially developed the stream books and set the loot tables with the intention of them being rather common (which is why they all had low level summons attached--useful if you snag them early!) I'd later planned to implement some rarer ones for chests/rare encounters/etc, but never got around to it.

Nonetheless, I'd balanced under the assumption that these would be simple to find. This seems like such an elegant fix.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:28 am

I'm working on trying to read every single book in the module (there seem to be many of them), so this is exciting for that reason as well.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:05 am

HOLOCRONS

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 am

Peppermint wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:04 am
Also glad this was made easier.

I'd initially developed the stream books and set the loot tables with the intention of them being rather common (which is why they all had low level summons attached--useful if you snag them early!) I'd later planned to implement some rarer ones for chests/rare encounters/etc, but never got around to it.

Nonetheless, I'd balanced under the assumption that these would be simple to find. This seems like such an elegant fix.
Thats actually really cool! and probably explains why there only 3 dragons, i imagine you where gonna add more. xD

I think this is a unanimous agreement of best update ever for people that can conjure~

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:39 am

I love this. The lore skill is one I love to max for RP reasons but it always felt a little bit of a waste. It's nice to have more perks along with it, very cool!

Passing on knowledge to another is going to make for such fun master-apprentice RP too. Awesome!
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 am

Know I was thinking about it, and I am finding myself asking "Why wasn't this done sooner?" Mainly with the lore searches for book shelves.

Since Wizards / anyone with a high enough lore would likely be able to tell what is usable in the shelves, / what is what, and get a bonus to it.

Ahhhh thank you again for this.