A Large, well due Kudos from Anuia~

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

UnCAudacity

A Large, well due Kudos from Anuia~

Post by UnCAudacity » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:34 am

This will be a lengthy, though well deserved kudos thread dedicated to the countless - friends new and old who played a part in Anuia's pact breaking.

DM Titania and Kerri Leranthanil
Kerri, IC'ly sticking true to her oath of Redemption offered not only her ear but a way. She pushed and urged with genuine care, where others condemned and judged - gently tapping some sense into Anuia despite her arrogant tendencies when faced with those of the Radiant Heart (You know the ones ;) )

OOC'ly - Taking our small idea of a pact breaking and going the extra ten miles with it. Organizing it into a plan supplemented with screenshots and possible ideas. In all honesty, it wouldn't even be a idea without your willingness to take things a step further where I simply would have settled for less. Thank you, a million times over.

Titania From the multiple encounters with Anuia's patron an the Oracle of Pandemonium, it's really exceeded anything I would have expected. I really want to emphasize this point, especially with the 5 Hour finale you expertly handled. Keeping those who came - it being no small gathering, on our toes with a eerie and unsettling atmosphere that encompassed far more than just Darrowdeep. Undertaking this whole thing from start from finish is no small feat, and I'm extremely grateful for you taking the time to talk with us, plan, and execute this pivotal moment in Anuia's journey. I really hope it was as enjoyable for you as it was for us, given I felt you might like the whole Unseelie Fey theme.

Now for the -real- long part, I'll try to keep it short because the list is.. quite long!

The Dominion of Brogendenstein.
Your aid is not overlooked, it was in fact instrumental in the overall picture of the defense. While Anuia honestly wished Lady Ghestelle wouldn't enact a Dominion Call to Arms just for her mistake, she quickly realized it was well needed. To the various clans that came in defense of Dominion lands, a large thanks. Know that Darrowdeep stands ready to return the favor two-fold when the time arises.

Beryl and Edgar, along with the Grove as a whole.
Fresh from Skal, and in fear of being prosecuted for what she was - Anuia had sought refuge in the Grove. The day she discovered the Druid's sanctuary, was coincidentally a day in which a moot was planned. Stumbling upon Anuia lounging about the Grove, Beryl and Edgar welcomed her with open arms and little question. Eventually the Grove became a way for Anuia to cope with her more malicious nature, surrounded by those she could loosely call fellow Nature-walkers. It felt like a true home and safe haven for Anuia, bringing her a peace nowhere else could replicate. I deeply thank you Beryl and Edgar, and Anuia looks forward to future moots and endeavors as she begins her new path.

(Alright, short for real this time.)

Bendir, among other Hin and Earthkin.

- Drago Hille : One of the few who shared their humble beginnings alongside Anuia in Skaljard. A dear friend who's given and done far more for Anuia then she could return. Hopefully she'll settle that in the life after her pact to come!

-Suli and Azgarin Mountairn : Anuia shared many of her days with these two dwarven brothers, helping her triumph those tough writs despite usually being around during the time when just about everyone is tuckered out. Many thanks you two, a round or twenty of ale is well deserved!

-Meriam Fuzzypaw : Despite having few lengthy talks with Anuia, she was still held in high regards as someone to seek for wisdom. Sharing a common interest for the well-being of the Grove led to many of their interactions actually, and strengthened Anuia's respect for Meriam. When she arrived to aid in the defense of Darrowdeep, I believe that moment really solidified her admiration for Meriam - as both a friend and figure to draw from.

-Oskar Nutcracker : Another loved hin she spent a lot of her time around while she grew. Despite that small rough patch between the two during the plague that terrorized Arelith, she's glad things could be smoothed over and is eager to return to those more simpler times of care-free dungeon delving.

-Petra Forst : The bundle of radiant hope that was always ready and eager to drill some positivity and hope into Anuia, especially when she was struggling with her own doubts no going through with her pact removal. From Skaljard to Arelith, Petra has remained her lovable self and only improves in rallying and inspiring those around her to enact change in themselves. Certainly a cherished friend~

Shared Beginnings.

-Harvey : There honestly isn't a character limit large enough to really allow me to encapsulate the influence Harvey has had on Anuia. They're time spent side by side as they both grew character wise and slowly discovered themselves, is something I think everybody should experience. From simply finding the everyday means to survive the harsh land and culture of Skaljard to standing firm in the ranks of the highly regarded force of Darrowdeep, it really blows my mind.. the leaps and bounds we've made collectively as characters despite being Warlocks. Funny enough, it was the Fey-pacted that ultimately dug herself into trouble and not the fiend-pacted.

-Taestra Rinn : From just another unfortunate adventurer Anuia stalked with mischievous intent in the Weald, to her betrothed and comrade in the ranks of Darrowdeep - it's certainly been a ride and a half. The undeniable reason why Anuia forced herself to undertake breaking her pact. As much as they both dislike Sunites, ironically Sune's will was the catalyst that spurred Anuia's fears of impending madness. Not only for the sake of Taestra, but for others she held dear as well.

(This is turning into a essay, I'm so sorry..)

-Lowell Forst : Wise and a very powerful speaker, Lowell is whom planted the seed of worry and fear into Anuia's head. Their private talk within the Arcane Tower that day really put a few dents into Anuia's care-free nature regarding her fate. I was stumped, IC and OOC on how to fend against Lowell's sound arguments. However, she looks forward to the days to come with the ready hand of not only Lowell but many others.

-Mach Fryar and Janix Gald : Sorry to bunch you two together in one, while their interactions were few on Skal (Aside from Anuia becoming a bit of a nuisance due to her shenanigans.) they were no less powerful. Both Mach and Janix later on in their time in Arelith really grew on Anuia. More of out familiarity and kind memories, you two put up with Anuia in the beginning eventually revealing her more amiable traits of character. A thanks for sticking alongside her in tougher times, despite knowing what she was.

-Sylmae : I think the only elf that holds deeply to Myon and holds a dear place in Anuia's thoughts. While I terribly wish we could have had more encounters, it only makes me cherish the ones we had even more. Despite Anuia's distaste for elves in general, Sylmae really wore down that prejudice with continued kindess. Ultimately changing Anuia's mind, at least on Sylmae.. ;)

You're not forgotten.

-Elder Mudagog of the Horde : Wow, talk about fear at first sight. Stumbling upon you and Kraash in Avernus as you just hacked away at Devils and Fiends without a care was definitely something. Anuia had no previous knowledge of the Horde though you only saw that as a opportunity for us both to share and speak on the burdens we bare and what we strive to accomplish. While Anuia didn't bring "change" to Arelith in the sense Mudagog had thought, she did at least bring change to herself.

-Eirik Skuring : Former First Axe of Guldorand, now First Knight of Darrow. Anuia has only recently since the build up of Darrowdeep has come to really appreciate Eirik. Not because he can do away with most problems in one swing, but because he's a naturally inspiring person to fight alongside and be around even in our leisure. I seriously look forward to our adventures and future memories to forge within Darrowdeep.

-Augustin Dish, Leon Griffith, Henrik. : Uh.. sorry ^^; Glad that whole mess didn't irk you the wrong way OOC.

-Sylrie : A voice of reason and logic in the troubling times Anuia faced to get her pact removed. While it did peeve her at times, Syrie's words were usually justified and the wisest course of action. Supportive when she needed to be, and firm when the time called for it. Directly alongside Kerri in the efforts that bore fruit on the day of the siege, a vital piece in the puzzle of it all. My deepest thanks.

-Igogh : Yes, you're here as well Igogh. Although really sharing very few moments, I'll highlight one specifically. The heated words exchanged days before the siege, while angering.. did not go unheard. In truth Igogh's words plagued Anuia through the majority of the siege and even up until her final confrontation with the Dark Dryad. It was a challenge for Anuia, to really try and convey the magnitude of her gratitude and respect for those who came to aid in Darrowdeep's. While Anuia still feels she's failed at such, it's a lesson and a half on the weight of friendship and sacrifice.

-Jadoth and Astra : I'll be painfully honest, for the longest time Anuia had extremely mixed feelings on you two - the tower as a whole really. The as time went on she warmed up to you both and the tower, misunderstandings were corrected and mutual respects were established. What really shocked Anuia was the willingness to aid Darrowdeep, of course.. not because we're neighbors or anything. (Our trouble is bound to end up your trouble if it's big enough :D ) Her outlook has taken a far brighter direction, and she's eager to see where it leads.

-Ghestelle Veirmont Snow (Lady of Darrowdeep) : I've got to say, Anuia feels almost indebted to Ghestelle. Giving her a home and purpose along with the benefit of the doubt, knowing the risks that came with allowing a Warlock into your ranks. Really hammering down on organized trips, slowly but surely building that cohesion between us all - Eirik, Ghestelle, Taestra, and Anuia. An now Darrowdeep is really shaping up to be a fierce powerhouse, just as Ghestelle envisioned. I'm honestly excited to see strides we can make now that we're gaining numbers.

Alright, I've gotta start summing this up or we'll be reading for hours.

I've undoubtedly miss many who played a part in not just the finale, but the build up to it. To those who came out, honestly I hope it was enjoyable and I can't say thank you enough. Anuia is my first serious character I've been able to take this far and I'm grateful for the experiences shared with all of you. it's been a learning experience on both a IC and OOC level, and I hope it continues to be such.

Richørd

Re: A Large, well due Kudos from Anuia~

Post by Richørd » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:18 pm

commanding the southern ramparts was cool and all in all the siege was awesome, even with huge FPS drops and long wait times :P

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:55 pm

sune did nothing wrong
20 RPR GANG

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Wotan helped too. Fun to defend the Dale against the large siege again. Had fun in the event. Thank you all.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Beryl has always liked Anuia, even before she really understood what it was Anuia was afflicted by. I'm glad everyone had fun in the event! I had to drop out at about the 2 hour mark due to RL company, but from what I heard, it sounded like a blast and I wish I could've stayed through it all. I was worried this would mean you rolling Anuia for good and I'm very happy that wasn't the case! I look forward to seeing you more in game and please come by to visit Beryl anytime. She adores your character's company.

iria_huntress
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning.

Post by iria_huntress » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:16 pm

It was all super fun! Thanks everyone for attending! And a big thanks for Titania! That was a VERY long event you ran. Kudos to that stamina! Here's hoping we don't have to kill any more planar powers for a while. Don't get your hopes up, though!

Sing for the Laughter

Post by Sing for the Laughter » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Really glad you had fun with everything. It was a big disappointment that I couldn't make the trip, but that said, Kerri's role was a facilitator (gathering people and keeping Anuia on point), so I'd say she's accomplished that pretty well.

And you were bang on in the approach I tried to take. :)

I also wanted to note that Eters (Sylrie) helped me out a bunch with the planning on an OOC level too. They were pretty instrumental in the whole thing too!
Sing for the tears.

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 pm

First, about the event. I probably have said this recently, but I'll have to say it again, this was the best event I have taken part so far. Titania did a really good job at everything! Impressive quality from start to finish, and mind you, this event took several hours. Also, kudos to the parrot who dropped a Toy Story reference, bawk.

Now, about Anuia. Your time of running around invisible teasing people with your spells are over. I just wonder how this whole ordeal will shape Anuia's personality from now on.

Drak
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Drak » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:11 pm

I just saw this for the first time. Was fun Anuai, would do it again!