Fishing Pole Jr.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Huschpfusch

Fishing Pole Jr.

Post by Huschpfusch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm

So since that other thread is locked already, praised be Baron Saturday here and now for implying that there is a magical thing called "The fishing Pole Jr." to be used for tiny monstrous hands. HUZZAH!

(Someone computer-savvy may please check-up on that wiki-carpentry anchors or whatever that linky-thingies are called that will take you elsewhere on click. Because clicking on "here" below Fishing Pole seems to redirect to Carpentry top. A little confusing. Took some time for peanutbrain-me to figure out fishing pole Jr. is in club section rather than Quarterstaff like the regular-size pole.)
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

Cortex

Re: Fishing Pole Jr.

Post by Cortex » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm

This thing has existed for about 10 years.
:)

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Cortex wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm
This thing has existed for about 10 years.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess OP hasn't been around that long, and there's no shame in discovering something new now is there?

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:18 pm

It makes it no less funny.
:)

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Playing since Jan. 2018 and still very green behind my ears indeed. (And quite literally when I am playing goblin)

Ppl, consider the following also in this case of the Fishing Pole Jr. (might finally burst your bellies):
The fact that my little green monster has been running around for weeks (real-life that is!) completely unaware of that fine Fishing Pole Jr. that Andunor-tinker-merchant is apparently selling!
Why you may ask? Because it looks like a club you may say?
Heck no! It´s due to the fact I am still playing Arelith with my language settings turned to my native language. And that results in items and even NPCS having weird nametags occasionally. In the Case of the Fishing Pole Jr. it reads: "Totschläger" (Baton?). So I never bothered to right-click that thing and read the description which would have revealed it being the mighty Fishing-pole-Jr...
Oh and some female NPCs would be labelled as males and vice versa.
Oh and brass is called "Messing" in my tongue. That one already caused some confusion when my goblin tried to make a toolbox for Mr. Harder.
Me like: "I still need some brass though."
He like "I already put sufficiently in the chest"
Me like: "Oh that is brass ooooh"
"Messing" was messing with me, you see.

Just before writing this here I was considering switching to gamelanguage English. But writing above stuff, reliving through some grotesque events I feel obliged to continue playing with things the way they are.
Nothing beats playing with increased game-difficulty by lanaguage-setting, right, riiiight?
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Huschpfusch wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 pm
"Totschläger"
Schlager ist tot!
20 RPR GANG

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm

MoreThanThree wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 pm
Huschpfusch wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 pm
"Totschläger"
Schlager ist tot!
Schlager is not nearly dead enough!!!
My ears... they are still bleeding... Ouch...
Going to use this song as a sonic-damage-dealing-trap-device in tabletop <.<