To the Gnomish Workshop, Bendir folks & DM Titania

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Hammerwell

To the Gnomish Workshop, Bendir folks & DM Titania

Post by Hammerwell » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:50 pm

Recently, a few gnomes traveled to Lantan for reasons. My healer of Selûne, Namfoodle Moongazer, went to pick up a degree for a paper he published 230 years ago (the joke being that academia on Toril is even slower than IRL!). He also went to visit the grave of his wife, which is on Lantan island.

It was such a special story moment for my second major Arelith character after Glinda Glitterbrook retired. Together with this kudos, I I will soon post the paper he wrote in the IC forums. This is for his PhD in Toril Astrology and Theology.

It was also a special moment for me as an academic IRL. I was recently published in a way that's a pretty big deal. While Namfoodle waited 230 years for his degree, I "just" wanted 6 years to get recognition for some really cool research I'd been doing back in 2011.

So thanks for allowing me to RP my excitement through an old gnome at the end of his life!

The expedition began as me expressing an interest to visit Lantan to Terto Tarquin's player. Next thing I know DM Titania was planning to take us to Lantan — which isn't an actual zone on Arelith but a place that DM Titania had to prepare ahead of time for us (I believe).

Kudos to Terto, Romeo, Fidock and the other players who were involved. I spent a lot of time semi-AFK because of RL, but I scrolled back through all of the character interactions and just loved how one very awesome side of gnomish RP works. A side that many don't get to see, but that more should try out.

Kudos to the Bendir folks who acted exactly as they should have. Namfoodle's trip has given him a lot to think of, so expect the usually cheerful old man to be pensive and withdrawn. That's hard to do when in Bendir but I'll try. Maybe he'll have a sour apple pie by accident to worsen his mood.

To the gnomish workshop in particular: a very fun group for reasons of my own, one of which is your fondness of exploration-style RP. I love that kind of thing. May we meet through Nanny Grammar, who I think is also quite well suited to the research side of gnomish RP.

A+ everyone.

Hammerwell

Re: To the Gnomish Workshop, Bendir folks & DM Titania

Post by Hammerwell » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Well hot dang. In all my haste IRL I didn't notice this nifty item in the old gnome's inventory :D

azrael_athing

Re: To the Gnomish Workshop, Bendir folks & DM Titania

Post by azrael_athing » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:44 pm

A true congratulations getting cited on your paper and sorry for the late replie to this Kudos (I've been in the editor without making a post four times before this).

Gnomes are simply explained a blast. When it works and when it doesn't (See what I did there). I'll second the kudos for all the Gnome involved in this trip even if I had hoped for a larger turnout (It's difficult finding a time where we are all available).

To the list of names I'd like to add our brave captain who dared sail with a bunch of Gnomes on a ship already in less then mint conditions. I don't think the individual needs to be named here, We all know who we are talking about. ;)

My favorite in this all was the wild discussion among the Gnome and a gem amongst those were the conversation that occured when our captain boldly claimed that "no-one likes mud" and the Gnomes instinctively came to the defense of this less then noble basic craftic component bombarding with suggestion of creatures and professions that do indeed enjoy mud and mudlike qualities.

I hope that the Gnome Workshop in future manages to make yet another trip, and yet another (although not all to Lantan), in order to further the Gnome RP on Arelith. Keep up the good work everyone.

Strenght and Knowledge
Terto Tarquin