Heist on the High Seas!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

mazeofthorns

Heist on the High Seas!

Post by mazeofthorns » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks to DM Grumpy Cat for the shenanigans! From the choices of targets to insane waves of boarding parties (That's 97 total killed, Huzzah!), to ship taking on water, to KRAKEN! A great time was had by all.

Thanks to the valiant crew of the Dreadnaught who proved that scouring the seas for supplies for Andunor can be done with style:

Idil'vas -- I bow to Kraken Bane! Understatement of the trip award -- When asked how it was guarding the enemy ship alone /after/ the kraken attacked Idil'vas replies... "Mostly uneventful."

Vance Gravelle -- Our Captain of Calm, "Prepare the boarding ladders and brace for impact," he comments. -- Because no sense in panicking when odds are 7 ships to 1.

Jaezred -- So many comments to choose from because everything Jaezred said was so well timed and so /drow/'! *mutters to himself* if he dies here... cursed be all non drow -- I hope to be able to RP with you again soon.

Grimgold -- "GOTTA TRY HARDER THAN THA!" -- As we were being bombarded by enemy fire. Now /that's/ a duergar for you.

Kurz -- *The chaos invigorates the Orog.* I'm ready! -- And for perfecting the two bucket bail.

Garyn -- For creative use of a earth elemental, as a ladder to climb up and capture the enemy ships flag! "Are we there yet!?" -- Well someone had to say it. :twisted:

Trugan Grimprize -- "Grim block the bloody cannonballs!" -- Only duergar know how to use other duegar as meat shield. "Tough buggers, managed to get through my gas." -- How the enemy survived duergar gas I will never know, ROFL.

I think Dread Captain Gravelle spoke for all of us -- "That was glorious."
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

Lexx

Re: Heist on the High Seas!

Post by Lexx » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

(Grim's player here)

Thankyou for running that and dealing with me asking where the damn buckets are IC ( and your enlightening tell after just to emote away ). I had a great time despite being singled out twice by cowled wizards and dieing by timestop shenanigans. It was a great adventure. Thanks also for our sassy captain Vance and everyone else making it feel tense and enjoyable.

My favorite line was Vance saying - "What you call surrounded. I call a target rich environment." as the convoy encircled us.

Archon

Post by Archon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:21 am

That must have been the most challenging event as far as surviving it goes; taking on total more than hundred Amn's elite mobs with a wild(ly) small crew. It was a blast!

Risk felt real, and debate among characters involved was golden. Especially when Dreadnought began to leak and come apart after main prize was conquered and we were homeward bound.

Cheers to pirate Calixta for arriving when she did with the Warship of Sencliff.

After Heist on the High Seas concluded, Vance put out back to sea for reasons, and was chased down by Amn and locked to prison island for a short while as aftermath. Another adventure and another kudos to mystery group involved there.

Bones Mist and Moons
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Bones Mist and Moons » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:35 am

Lexx wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

My favorite line was Vance saying - "What you call surrounded. I call a target rich environment." as the convoy encircled us.
It was Garyn who said that. lol
Don't use cross-area parties and -dispel while idle. Every bit of lag less is a penny in my therapy jar.

Bones - Necromancy, Life, Death, Creation, Time.
Mist - Mystery, Secrecy, Mysticism, Beauty.
Moons - Light, Dark, Space, Magic, Travel.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:38 pm

Ah my mistake :). Then credit where it's due.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Really glad you enjoyed the event. It wa sa blast running it for you guys.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)