Meanwhile in Andunor - fireworks!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

mazeofthorns

Meanwhile in Andunor - fireworks!

Post by mazeofthorns » Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am

DM Wish allow me to shower you with darkest appreciation for your stellar handling of the HUGE extravaganza in the Hub, Sharps and Devils Table. Complete with FIREWORKS!

*Up into the dark ceiling sat above Andunor's stoney form shot a large, long trail of fire; of varying shades of red, orange and gold. The fire raced higher and higher until reach the apex of its ascent and exploding a glorious flower-like expansion that taper away into smaller explosions towards the tipped edges of the 'leafs'.*

Next, to everyone who participated - even those just witnessing the meeting of the two Mighty Drow Houses of Claddath and Freth. The event was amazing because of everyone who participated.

Special Shout outs to...
Vasszyk Spinescale ~ For making Kalyin have to cover a laugh, wicked Kobold!
Emelina Marsh ~ For that amazingly insightful whispered commentary.
Vance Gravelle ~ The eerie calm and cultured charisma of a truly talented speaker.
Idil'vas ~ The brazen interruption! Making Zeslara Hiss in fury!
May'riina Shri'isstra ~ Because a tiara is a necessary fashion accessory & those great emotes.
Wheua Xun'viir ~ For bringing crazy to new heights and sharing it with just the right people.
Gnash ~ Who had most of us asking WTH? with that question!
Blax ~ Who had a nice trip... right off the raised platform, just missing the spikes underneath. Well done.
Delano Bellafonte ~ For being blissfully unaware what he was in for and finally coming to the truce table anyway.
Natasha Blackhaven ~ Keeping Delano from being crushed by mithril golems.
Soren Vharcan ~ Proving that snide snappy comments still have a place in the UD.
Thane Sledge ~ For understanding the meeting was the perfect place for a power grab. :twisted:

There were many more who should be added so feel free to do so! Thanks to you all for allowing Kalyin to thrive and grow with your impressive and impactful RP.
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Meanwhile in Andunor - fireworks!

Post by good man of god » Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 am

mazeofthorns wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am
DM Wish allow me to shower you with darkest appreciation for your stellar handling of the HUGE extravaganza in the Hub, Sharps and Devils Table. Complete with FIREWORKS!

*Up into the dark ceiling sat above Andunor's stoney form shot a large, long trail of fire; of varying shades of red, orange and gold. The fire raced higher and higher until reach the apex of its ascent and exploding a glorious flower-like expansion that taper away into smaller explosions towards the tipped edges of the 'leafs'.*

Next, to everyone who participated - even those just witnessing the meeting of the two Mighty Drow Houses of Claddath and Freth. The event was amazing because of everyone who participated.

Special Shout outs to...
Blax ~ Who had a nice trip... right off the raised platform, just missing the spikes underneath. Well done.
Oh my God, I laughed so hard whilst typing that emote. I love my little goblin boy already. You lose Tornius, and in his place you get Blax. Aren't you lucky?

Thank you DM Wish, this was great fun! The Efreeti's personality was such a laugh, whilst addressing serious Andunorian political issues. :D

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

JustAFingerWiggler

Post by JustAFingerWiggler » Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 am

Thank you DM Wish, this was great fun! The Efreeti's personality was such a laugh, whilst addressing serious Andunorian political issues.

Agreed. Some of us were talking in Discord about how he must be related to Michael Buffer.
Glartar Zimbrulgan - Cormyrian expat, mageling, and alchemist
Kwalu Senghali - Creepy monk

Gruvel

Post by Gruvel » Mon May 21, 2018 9:07 am

Had a blast, cheers for the great RP everyone!

Also, sorry about that Connor, pretty sure it was I that prodded poor little Blax into his tumbling descent!

Olga Drakmor: *Prod* ... *Innocent whistling*

Dragonfyre

Post by Dragonfyre » Mon May 21, 2018 9:44 am

And once again I reiterate - should've bet coins on it. Eme would've banked twice.
Active character(s): Emelina Selizar - A Slave No More

Others: Shea Webber (Retired and wandering the wilds with her beloved Xellree)

Huschpfusch

Post by Huschpfusch » Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am

Did anyone actually get burned by Efreeti for speaking out of term?
(Didn´t see well from my characters vantage point and also my computer was lagging so bad.)
"Oh look, an unidentified magical wand - let`s just see what it does by randomly using it in battle!"

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Mon May 21, 2018 11:32 am

Some good stuff yesterday.
Keep it rolling!
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Mon May 21, 2018 5:06 pm

I will repeat what I sent to DM Wish IG, the event was extremely smooth and well handled. Such large gatherings with so many NPCs, and players alike, have a tendency to get chaotic. This was flawless!

And an addition for NPC Zeslara Freth... when your PC makes the Freth Envoy so angry she loses the ability to speak.... that's some scary shiz! That punishment tho... srsly can we revisit the sacrifice thing? :twisted: jokingjokingjoking

It has been wonderful to have Freth and Claddath involved, and the silken glove of DM Wish to facilitate some amazing RP that promises to continue for a long while!

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon May 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Loved the handling of all the ego and personalities present by DM Wish. What looked as though it could erupt into a knockdown dragout at any moment, everything went very smoothly, even when the walkout after an hour of insult tossing happened.

Kudos to all involved
Yes I can sign

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 pm

What a show! It really brings life to the Underdark. Can't wait to see more!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

DM Wish

Post by DM Wish » Mon May 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Thank you to all who were able to attend the political talks that went down; the quality of RP witnessed and the interactions had before, during and after were a credit to you all. The numbers gathered were quite something I was concerned there server wouldn't survive the amount!

Additional thanks to Hannibal who took the role of our honourary photographer for the evening and did a terrific job:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=271&start=450#p154301

The game has been set and we shall see if the surfacers can keep up with the level of play shown.

ForgottenBhaal

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Mon May 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Someone has to ask the important questions around here, least nothing gets done in the city. We all know whom the true rulers of the underdark are.

Leshpar

Post by Leshpar » Fri May 25, 2018 12:11 am

In my short time there, the whole gathering was a waste of time. Great rp, but little to no recognition for any of us on the opposite side from vance, and absolutely no recognition for what the gnolls have been doing.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

that's not true !

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri May 25, 2018 2:59 pm

This is a Kudos forum. If anywhere the axium 'If you don't have anything nice to say...' is true, it's here. Locking this thread up.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)