Kudos From Scarlett!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

wokepigeon

Kudos From Scarlett!

Post by wokepigeon » Sun May 13, 2018 4:54 am

Yes, Scarlett has died.. It was a very sudden thing, so please don't get mad if you didn't get to say goodbye. She died with Alice and Aligonda, who helped make her passing peaceful (and happy in an odd sad way.) Scarlett never feared death, but her heart was broken that she couldn't keep her promise and grow old with Alice. So without further ado, I offer kudos to those who made my experience playing her absolutely incredible.

Jasper Highfen: Their twin rp will remain in my book as the cutest thing that ever existed, sorry. Jasper was one of the most intelligent characters I as a player have ever run into on the server. He was calm, cool, and level headed during almost every situation and often times had to calm his alcoholic angry sister down. He meant more to her than she'll ever know, and when she was dying one of her greatest regrets was not being able to see Saelys and Jasper's wedding, and not being able to see him again period. I'll always remember their time together, as it remains one of my fondest memories of the server.

Alice Highfen-Scarlett: The best wife, and the absolutely opposite to Scarlett in every single way.. And yet, it's what made them work so well together. Alice taught her to be kinder, and Scarlett tried to teach Alice to be a bit more wary and stern. Scarlett loved her more than anything, enough to give up the Greenfields and wait in Brightwater with a bunch of Sunites for god knows how long. I'll always treasure their interactions, and I hope you know how much fun you made Scarlett.

Mabel Highfen: The best little sister and a spectacular Highfen, she made her family proud even when she doubted herself. She always put others before herself, much to her sister's annoyance, and did what she thought was right. Scarlett adored her, and would protect her at all costs. I'll miss the Highfens, but I guess it was just time for them to go.

Buppi: Her uncle who she butted heads with almost constantly, and yet he was family and Scarlett loved him. She caused him a lot of trouble, and a lot of stress and she wanted to say goodbye but there just wasn't any time and that will be a regret she carries well into the afterlife. He always did what he thought was best for them, even if they never listened. And she knew he cared deep down, even when he was angry at her.

Snow: The best grandma. She was always there if Scarlett needed her, even if Scarlett refused to admit she needed her. Snow showed her a kindness and understanding that many didn't and Scarlett really loved her for it. Snow was yet another person she wished she could have said goodbye too, but the gods are often cruel and it's been quite some time since the two of them have seen each other.

Yeto: Another uncle, and another family member that Scarlett loved. Sadly, she didn't get to see him for months before she died as he was busy frolicking on the Mainland with Snow's family (but I'm not biTTER!!! ((<3)) ) Like with most of her family she typically remained rather distant and occasionally (often) obstinate, but she hopes he knows how much she really cared. Yeto held a special place in her heart, and when she thought he was going to die that was the second time in all her years that she came close to tears. I'll miss him and I wish we had gotten a proper IG goodbye but sometimes things don't work out that way, but it's okay! I'm sure we'll have more run ins on different characters. <3

Saelys: Perhaps her best friend on the entire island, her scouting partner, and someone Scarlett felt she could trust (even with her brother.) She couldn't think of anyone better to be her sister-in-law and she was truly looking forward to seeing them wed and have a bunch of weird adopted kids running around. I know we'll have more interactions in the future, because you're stuck with me. I loved our interactions, a grouchy and stern Halfling and the stuttering and nervous Elf, they made quite the pair and I'll never forget them.

Gorudan: Another one of the very few people Scarlett really considered a friend, someone she could trust. He helped keep her safe in dangerous situations, and offered guidance when she needed it, and she tried to do the same. They didn't get to see much of each other in the end, due to dwarfly responsibilities I assume, but that doesn't negate the huge impact he had on Scarlett. I hope he doesn't get too sad that she's gone, if he ever feels a grouchy presence behind him he'll know it's Scarlett judging him from the afterlife.

Aligonda: They were never really close, but she appreciated how loyal and dedicated Ali was, even if she went a bit overkill on occasion (<3). My first memory of her was when she offered to "swab Alice's deck" in front of Scarlett, and when Scarlett got knocked down on that very same voyage and Ali stood on top of her, guarding her and screaming: "GET AWAY FROM HER!!!!" At that point Scarlett had very conflicting feelings toward her.

Eirik: Another buddy from Guldorand, Scarlett had a great respect for him and that's really quite impressive. He was strong and capable, and she knows he'll do everything he can to keep Guldorand (and Alice) safe even now that she's gone.

Ronnie: She went missing for awhile but she came back in the end and the pair of them got to get into trouble one last time and I'm very grateful for that. She was the first person Scarlett really had a crush on, and even though it wasn't reciprocated they still remained great friends. Ronnie was one of my favorite Halflings, she was amazingly played and the dynamic between Will, Ronnie, and Scarlett, is not one I'll soon forget.

Will: One of her first 'friends', even if their friendship was very odd, and unfortunately short lived. She never forgot about the little thief, and I have no doubt in the afterlife he'll be asking her "so didya get me lady after oi left?" (butchered that but you get the point).

Corbin: Closer to Jasper than Scarlett, yet she still enjoyed Corbin's company. He had a way of calming her, simply by being present, that many did not have. He was a rock in a stormy place, and I'll never forget you!

???: I won't name you, because I don't know if you want to be named but you know who you are! You're welcome to reveal yourself if you like, but this character is the one who caused Scarlett's death. I've never rp'ed with them before, but I've heard nothing but amazing things about them. And after our interaction, I can say much the same. An amazing RP'er, and thank you so much for working with us!

I can't write paragraphs for everyone, but I'm going to try not to forget anyone! These people helped shape my experience, and Scarlett as a person immeasurably.
The Thane (Someone she respected GREATLY)
Falgrim
Demetrius
Lorina (Opposites and yet so compatible)
Jacob
Angela
Bhando (Her first kiss!)
Merry
Lacroix
Tzu-------- (..I can't spell your name)
Delano (kidnapping my sister how dare you)

I tried not to forget anyone, but I'm sure I did! For my final kudos I want to thank everyone who ever interacted with her, no matter how small. You all had a hand in shaping her, and I am so grateful. Continue to do what you do, and have fun!

-wokepigeon

MoreThanThree

Re: Kudos From Scarlett!

Post by MoreThanThree » Sun May 13, 2018 5:11 am

meow
20 RPR GANG

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 am

Scarlett was a major headache for Bups, and her distance she kept from everyone except a few was troubling. Not to mention rampant alcoholism, never listening to her uncle, arm getting eaten by a dragon, exiling over a sign, and countless other little things. In the end, she was still family. And that's what counts.

Goodbye, sweet punchy niece. May you punch forever long in the Green Fields.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun May 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Goodbye best Niece.

Scarlett was troubled, with a pain that Yeto tried to heal but could never truly find. Scarlett (and Jasper) have had a huge effect (potentially the largest) on what it means to be family, how Yeto sees himself and what he plans to do when he returns. He'll miss the twins dearly but they'll live on his memories.

Yeto will try not to get killed, so that Scarlett doesn't have to punch him in the afterlife <3

Looking forward to more run-ins with your characters in the future!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:27 pm

I'M NOT CRYING. IT'S ONION NINJAS.

Scarlett and Alice's relationship was a lot of fun to rp out. And yes, the differences between them is what ultimately made them click so well. You also managed to make Scarlett a very compelling and intriguing character overall. You also are a great writer especially when it came to the romantic moments, and the bittersweet ending certainly got quite a few tears out of me I will admit. Better love story than a lot of books and things I've read/watched, and I'm a sucker for a good romance! All in all, top notch character and player. Can't wait to see what you do next! <3

And I am going to echo the kudos to (imma say it since Alice is now about to go around posting it publically anyway) V a n c e G r a v e l l e. The cream of the crop when it comes to the villains, and the person at the keyboard behind them is a great rper and a friendly player. Scarlett's ending could not have been better. I look forward to seeing where things go after this. We now have an angry Sunite with a gonne.

Oh the year was 1778...

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 pm

I loved Scarlett, even when Seel and her clashed, she was very in depth and yet the player was always friendly. Looking forward to what you do next! R.I.P Scarlett.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Mon May 14, 2018 2:36 am

Aww! : ( I will missing playing with Scarlett (/torturing her with interviews). I look forward to the next character!

<3!
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Tue May 15, 2018 8:19 am

And there goes the last of the Highfen, the greatest enemies that my lizard wished she never had, and that I wished that I could have had the time and chance to butt heads against far more! it's strange that she was a character that mine were so very close, and yet I don't think we actually ever played with directly? Just toyed with the consequences of indirect strings being pulled.
At least it felt like that from my end, and I'm glad for everything that happened.

See you around the corner!
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!