I rolled Eldwyn

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

I rolled Eldwyn

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Wed May 02, 2018 1:47 am

Took me long enough to do... But I rolled him. Old man who arrived on arelith to retire, actually ended up retiring.

A long time ago, I made a kudos post for people who had been significant in Eldwyn's world and who had contributed to that story... And I wrote a little thing about each one of them. In doing so, I diverted attention away from the people behind those characters, by writing about the characters instead.

I don't really want to do that. I think it's like... Walking into someone's house and saying "That's a nice table", instead of saying "Wow, you have really good taste in tables". One of them compliments the table. The other one compliments the person - And that's what it intended, really... Right?

So instead... To the roleplayers. The writers, the actors, the people, who sit behind the stuff they do in game. Those of you who came into any significant contact with Eldwyn, be you a DM or player, IC enemy, friend or somewhere-in-between - Thank you. Making a list would be an extremely long post. However, some of the notables are...

EternalSunrise, Mr Rieper, A Little Fellow, FatesFury, TINFY (I still cry), Commissar, Nik, Alice-player, BWpsycho, Memelord and Rodent.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Borin Drakkmurl

Re: I rolled Eldwyn

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Wed May 02, 2018 2:16 am

I liked Eldwyn. A lot.

Like all of your characters, he felt real. Relatable. Humane.

Kudos to you.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Commissar

Post by Commissar » Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 am

I just happened to be thinking about Eldwyn today. Odd, how these things happens.

As ever, you were a joy to write with, and I'm looking forward to the next time we cross virtual paths.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

EternalSunrise

Post by EternalSunrise » Wed May 02, 2018 9:59 am

Eldwyn! My favourite father figure :(

As always Joe, it's a pleasure to roleplay with you, even if I don't get to do it very much these days. As Borin said, you truly bring every character to life when you write them. They always feel real, three dimensional, flawed and human, with their own feelings emotions and ideals.

You're truly one of like, three of my favourite people on this server, and a dear friend.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Wed May 02, 2018 11:03 am

I really enjoyed playing with you / Eldwyn on Elenya. A++ would play again.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Wed May 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Gruff winter dad. Don't dragon me with your blade, please.

He was a solid character. Would watch you waste all of the coin again at the basins any day.

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Wed May 02, 2018 11:07 pm

<3 Eldwyn was Lyssa's father-confessor and one of her best friends. She relied on his maturity and sense, and I hope wherever he is he'll come visit her and Berik and the 83837661819 little Lyssa-lings.

Storm thought he was ok.
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

Memelord

Post by Memelord » Thu May 03, 2018 3:11 am

Some of my favorite moments in the last few years on Arelith were the times when Edric and Eldwyn were rolling around together. Especially the time with the secret royal bastardson Seelie fey containment device. You know the moment. I laugh every time I think about it.

As one of the server's most vocal supporters of Nobanion as the coolest of cats, I'll just say this: Eldwyn was prime rib. I'm sure we'll have the chance to do more shit together in the future, and I look forward to it. Even if I don't see myself playing an elf anytime soon.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Thu May 03, 2018 9:15 am

Eldwyn was great. One of the character I hoped I wouldn't see go.

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Unfortunately, Eldwyn was declining into retirement as I met him the first time on Meridia - but I will never forget that tender moment, next to the smokehouse of his cabin, with a quiet talk about life, as Edric had broken her heart. Papa Leofricson to the rescue with the proverbial pat on the back. Thanks for that!
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Vodka Musician

Post by Vodka Musician » Thu May 03, 2018 11:47 pm

I enjoyed interacting with Eldwyn in my short duration playing in Guldorand.

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Eldwyn was a great and well done character, who certainly influenced a lot of Alice's development. And, more importantly, you as a player in addition to always being friendly and supportive helped me out with a lot of tips and perspective to help me come into my own as an Arelith player and you're still there if I need that! So kudos to you as well. <3

Oh the year was 1778...

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 am

Yeah you're great too
20 RPR GANG