Hats off to some of my fellow Skaljardians!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kaeladin

Hats off to some of my fellow Skaljardians!

Post by Kaeladin » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello everybody!

I'm a recent entrant to this fine Arelith community; my friend, Kesslyn, and I (Kaeladin Loire) have really been enjoying our time and adventures on the island of Skaljard.

I've had some really great interactions with quite a few people, but I wanted to take the time to give props to some of the really interesting experiences I've shared. In no particular order:

1) Ava Sha'rel: a wonderful druid RP'er who I've had the pleasure of spending time talking about our own personal experiences of Skaljard, in all of it's strange quirks, darker rumblings, and light-hearted mismosh of learning to integrate life in the wild and life in the settlement.

2) Velia Artansar: our "bear cave for vengeance/rescue" journey was a really nifty way to transition from a frantic escape to a short jaunt of introspection and respecting the dangers of Skaljard.

3) "Mysterious druid": I actually don't recall the player character's name, as they never formally introduced themselves other than revealing, via emblem, that they worshipped Eldath...as they spoke completely in Elvish (I am not an elf)! This made for an exciting, and interesting jaunt when Kesslyn and I ran into them in the barrows of the Ghostwood; great job for staying in-character and forcing me to get creative about how to communicate cross-language! If I can figure out the name later, I'll change this.

I will add more later as I can remember; everyone deserves to know that they contribute positively to the community, so this is my own small way of doing so.
Last edited by Kaeladin on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xaia

Re: Hats off to some of my fellow Skaljardians!

Post by Xaia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:13 pm

“Bows Down to the superior rp skills of kaeladin”
No. Thank YOU for joining the “Meia” adventure, and all the other interactions we’ve had over the last week or so. I’ve learned so much from you already. Being completely new to Arelith and RP in general- I can only give a huge thank you to everybody who has helped Ava (she is spelled with a V my friend), feel at home in skaljard thus far.
Tbh I just can’t stop thinking about this vibrant atmosphere and all of you that inhabit it. Thanks!
Last edited by Xaia on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaeladin

Post by Kaeladin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Sorry Ava; fixed it in the original post! Yesterday was quite the adventure and I loved it!

Another name I want to add:

4) Alissa Duvain (I hope I spelled that correctly): playing the role of the haughty elf (I'm guessing an elf?) adventurer and talented artisan, we had a great opportunity to do some back and forth regarding each of our crafts and the different stages of where we were at.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 pm

Thanks! I play Velia and it was a fun dynamic meeting with you. A pleasure as ever, Kaeladin! you were great also in our meeting.