Saelys Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Saelys Kudos

Post by woodbreeze » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 am

Been meaning to do this for awhile, but I guess it's appropriate now that the character's story is about over. I had a lot of fun playing Saelys, but truthfully I owe it all to the people I've interacted with over the past year. My memory can be pretty bad at times so I apologize if I miss mentioning anyone; I really do appreciate everyone that I've played with on this character.

Here are some shout outs. I'm sorry if some get a little long winded!

Alenduil --

Alenduil was my absolute favorite character to interact with during Saelys' early days. I always looked forward to running into him in Cordor. He was such a colorful, well rounded character; from his personality to his illusions. I really owe it to you for helping me develop my character's flaws and helping drive her story and her decisions during that time, too. I enjoyed the story our two characters shared, especially towards the last few moments. You're an amazing player, and your writing inspires me a lot. I wish I could write so poetically and so fast as easily as you can sometimes!

Arn'thar --
Meme'thar, secret genji main. Okay, on a more serious note, Arn'thar is truly ''special''. I'll let you think about what ''special'' means. Saelys and Arn'thar's friendship was truly one of a kind. Arn'thar was always the comedy relief and provided a light in a setting that can get really dark sometimes. Also a guy ready to get down and murder some penguins without questioning the friendship later. Though I also enjoyed the more serious moments I got to share with Arn'thar, and I enjoyed seeing you play out the deeper parts of his personality. Adventuring buddies for life... well, at least until the devils come for his soul anyway. ;)

Arakh --
Saelys #1 Dad. I’m convinced he’s not dead yet cause Saelys still hasn’t gotten that damn gun. ...but on a more serious note, interacting with this character was always a thrill. It takes a special kind of person to play a villian well, and Arakh’s player is definitely that kind of person. Props for creatively inventing new ways to make fun for different people, whether they’re on your side or not. Keep being awesome.

Devric --

Wow, did our characters have an interesting relationship. This is still one of my personal favorite moments. Devric was one of the first characters I met on Saelys. I really enjoy watching two characters who have known eachother from the beginning and how their relationship changes depending on how they have developed. Devric was a really cool character to watch grow, and one of the few characters that made me question Saelys' alignment at some point. Thank you for all the cool Underdark adventures you took me on!

Eowing --
Rip Eowing 2017-2017. I'm not gonna say much but you know who you are, and you know how much I enjoyed this story, as abruptly as it ended.

Eolindor --
Eolindor was cool. We may or may not have joked about turning him into a cow at some point. It was great to see his flaws past the mask that he placed so well and carefully. By the way, I liked the blue better than the red, but I lowkey missed the red at one point or another, haha.

Grove & Assorted Nature Walkers --
Kind of wish I could’ve gotten more involved with these kind of people, but from the few experiences I had, things were wonderful. A few names:

Lucard, the old ranger I ran into once by chance. Not sure who plays him but thank you for always yoinking me somewhere cool and new and always unexpectedly. Your character was really cool, with a lot of stories to share. Glad to have run into him.

Corbin, one of the coolest druids I’ve met on this server. You always seem to work hard and know how to masterfully create a story engaging and exciting for everyone, as seen with the Spirit event. Also, I am still terrified of Corbin’s raven companion. Saelys will never use lightning arrows again lol.

The one drow with the snakes I always ran into in the Grove. Thanks for challenging my character’s thought process a little.

Xellree, Jantira, Rasna, and all the other members of the Grove whose names I cannot recall -- thank you as well!

Jasper --
Saelys’ boo. Jasper is such a great character. I love all the ways you bring him to life, but especially in his flaws. I feel like Jasper’s flaws are the best thing about him; from all his nervous tics to the way he stresses about things. The best part about it, his flaws are so wonderful so that when he actually shows strength, it truly feels powerful. I absolutely adore the story our characters have shared together. It’s adorable. Who knew awkwardness went so well together? Did I mention the player is a roleplaying god? They always go out of of their way to make others feel included, and always seem to find ways to stir up something fun and interesting for everyone. When they roleplay, they seem to take every angle, every perspective of the story and make it feel alive. Please continue to be amazing. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us. Thank you! <3

Lunarya --
The person who convinced me to make an elf in the first place! Honeybunny is an absolute sweetheart. She helped me develop Saelys and helped get me a build that fit the kind of character I wanted to play. Lunarya was wonderful, too. She had a lot of different angles that I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to see, and I'm curious as to how our characters would've gotten along today. Favorite moments had to be any of Lunarya's interactions with Saelys' avian friend. I'll miss you, dear one.

Meira --
I love Meira. I love everything that came with Meira. Is she a secret evil cyricist harper? I'll never know, and that's why Meira is amazing. I'll never not think of Meira when I hear the seductress female voice pack's laugh ever again. Her spontaneous nature was so amazing to witness. If the character tells you she's going to become Captain of Cordor's Navy, she's TOTALLY GOING TO BE CAPTAIN OF CORDOR'S NAVY! All the adventures our characters had together were totally fun too. I honestly didn't know what I got myself into when I had Saelys rescue her that day. But I’m really glad she did! Please keep being amazing, Sleepy.

Myon --
Here comes my horrible attempt at spelling all these elven names in one go. Fedath, Laynauril, Ievos, Illyana, Tianae, Marleuvar, Keryvian, Nicodermus, Leela, Vanion, Zephyr are all names that first come to mind. Keep being cool. I enjoyed playing in the Sentinels for a brief time, and being apart of the roleplay you guys stirred up in Myon. If I wasn't tired, I'd write down all the cool moments I shared with each of you; even if they're small, they still made my experience enjoyable. You're all a wonderful group of people that have made an impact on my character at some point or another, so thank you!

Myr --
I have to do a shout out for Rodent. Rodent was the first person to make me feel included somewhere on Saelys. They went out of their way to involve me in plots and ideas, and that honestly means a lot to me. Myr created a foundation for a lot of different ideas I had on Saelys later on. Myr was a wonderful character, and I consider myself really lucky to have met her/the player playing her. Rest in peace, Rodent.

Scarlett --

SCOUTING BUDDY. Scarlett’s down for anything. Whether it’s scouting out [REDACTED] or hiding a body. She’s your girl. I’m proud of you and everything you’ve accomplished to flesh this character out the way you’ve wanted to. I really have seen massive development in Scarlett over the course of her existence. Scarlett adds a breath of life into a world dominated by mostly good people, as she can be a total… well.. Scarlett. It always catches me off guard when I get a ‘’Scarlett response’’ rather than a usual response you’d expect from someone maybe a little more inherently good, lol. I can always rely on the player to talk to about storiesw and ideas and whatnot, and I really appreciate that. Please continue to be amazing, as you always are. <3

Shado Rezzen --
A man of few words. Still a cool guy, though. I’m glad to have gone on all the crazy adventures with him and Meira. It really put new life into Saelys. Thank you!

Tryn Dylar --

I’m really glad Saelys was apart of the Bramble Watch, and it’s mostly because I got to meet this guy. The player behind him is a hard worker, and I know they tried really hard to create something for everyone.. So, thank you, Tryn’s player. The character is a down to earth guy who has been really enjoyable to play with over the past few months. He’s got a great sense of humor, too.

Bramble Watch --

Orion, Jodie, Cheese elf, Kodiak are the first few names that come to mind. Keep being awesome. I don’t run into you all that much, but playing a ranger has been fun and I think the world would be a little darker without a group of people to play one with. I hope the Watch continues to grow!

Xal’rae --
Probably one of the bigger antagonists of Saelys’ story. Malixtra, Valdrin, that one shadow dancer whose name I cannot remember for the life of me, and the one guy whose name started with a K. I might’ve interacted with you guys perhaps only once or twice, but the impact those moments had on my character were really massive. It might not have affected your characters so much, but it really built mine. All of you wrote brilliantly, and I am glad to have accidentally ran into you guys when I did. Some of the best stories come out of chance encounters, I feel.

Yeto --
Yeto was such a tasteful character; he had his flaws and his strengths, and you managed to depict both beautifully. I'm so envious of your ability to write songs and stories and poetry on the whim. But I'm also really glad Saelys (and me) got to be the audience for some of them. I truly enjoyed our character's friendship and how it developed. Thank you for being such a sweet and caring player behind your character as well. You always know how to be inclusive and you always seem to know how to brighten up my day. Thank you.

Some other shout outs. I just didn’t have enough brain juice to write something concrete.

Bramble Watch people
Buppi
Drow that I didn’t mention on here that I ran into on Sae. My heart beat so fast every time.
Elva
Feng - I miss seeing her around.
Khalas - rip rochus
Kynes - She’s the best.
Larry (????????)
Mabel
Ryllae (sp?)
Rhaeg + the one dude Saelys fought talassians with once. I’m bad at names, haha.
Snow
Sentinels
The one Henali preist & his wife. I forget their names as well.
The angel elf lady with red hair
DMs for the cool things they involved me & others in.

Looking forward to playing with more people on my next character, whoever that is! Thanks guys!

Red Ropes

Re: Saelys Kudos

Post by Red Ropes » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 am

Saelys was probably one of my favorite elves I'd ran into with Arakh. Without going into details the interactions felt real and I also just genuinely felt bad for Saelys. lol
🤡

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:27 pm

I always love running into Saelys, she is such a rich character. From their conversations in the now-long-gone Myon Embassy, to their ill-fated strolls through the forest when we /always/ ran into bad guys (and Yeto still feels terrible about her getting captured when he Yeto'd out of that fight). It showed how amazingly small the world is that not only were Yeto's three closest elf friends (Saelys, Alenduil and Lunarya) really close friends, but that one of Yeto's three closest elven friends fell in love with one of Yeto's three closest hin friends.

I just wish we had been able to get that trip to the plane of air!

It has been a pleasure to RP with Saelys over the last year+ and to get to know you OOCly as well. Thank you for the RP!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Awe, this makes me sad even if we don't run into each other often. Like many others that really enjoy Saelys, I do too. She was a great Watch member, helping where it was needed and always jumping on any tasks the Watch came up with to do. Pitty I could never make things work out for us to go on more adventures but life has me busy and a little koo koo at the moment. You will be missed and thanks for being such an awesome player as well as playing as awesome characters.

Hope to meet your next character :)

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Saelys was amazing. I enjoyed interacting with her both on Alenduil and Eolindor. For such a quiet one, she had so many amazing layers and I always wished I could have seen more of them.

Always a great joy and pleasure to play or even just talk to you Woodbreeze. I hope for more in the future!