bye khalas

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine

bye khalas

Post by Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:06 pm

I just rolled Khalas a few minutes ago. Had a lot of fun but I figured it was time for him to end, been playing him for a few months and noticed that I'm only logging in very rarely.

special thanks to:
Cin, Desna, Sadia, Sanhel, Ysolde, Sekara, Qiana, Ezra, Vance, Biggush, Saslae, Sekara, Sydney, Helen, Elisha. Also Pea.

You guys are fun and I liked playing with you. See you next time.

Red Ropes

Re: bye khalas

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

🤡

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Was wondering where he got to. Khalas was a very good character, sad to see him go.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Archon

Post by Archon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:35 pm

I have been waiting for this post

In all seriousness, Khalas was a great guy to hang around with, and source of chill adventure times (I am especially fond to our sailing trips).

Always a pleasure.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Awwwwwww. No more storytime?
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Snake Oil For Silver Bullets

Post by Snake Oil For Silver Bullets » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:28 pm

I was actually dreading Qiana running into Khalas next time because I figured it would come to blows at that point. Momentum being what it was. Now Qiana can go back to her quirky little ways, assuming that he went and got himself murdered instead.

In all fairness though, Khalas was an interesting character. Qiana and his talks were always fraught with much shit taking and giving and the feeling of two implacable brick walls sparring off at high noon with the alignment scale between them on the floor whimpering.

Not many characters can jive well with the snarky wild mage and her brisk abrasive call-outs and meandering talks about philosophy. But somehow an unlikely friendship or antagonistic-ship sprung up from Khalas' random curiosity about Qiana's bait-sign.

In Qiana's actual friendship circles, he's just known as 'your torturer friend' with much sighing from her. Perhaps its for the better there was no end note on their word-wrestling, it sort of feels like a suitable ending for the open ended bizarre interactions they had.
Seems Legit.