"Selfish Rock"

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

"Selfish Rock"

Post by dominantdrowess » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:00 am

Today, a group of villains viciously lured, and murdered a great Dwarven Champion who had dignity and righteousness. They traded the corpse of the murdered dwarf (Gorudan Vintergard) for a priceless (but cursed) artifact from Ragnild Blimth: Who's only concern was the life of a fellow Dwarf.

And then? Saslae ... who had previously been defeated by Ragnild, and wanted compensation for previous loses in battle ... attempted to randsom the Dwarf's (Edit: presumed) artifact weapon to her in exchange for: "Giant Keys" (lost after her previous defeat in the Storm Giant vault), "My kobold" (enslaved when Saslae lensed out of a previous "battle" in Stonehold), and "Whatever you deem fair."

... And the Dwarf denied her; with absolutely no care for the material object once she had her fellow Dwarf in custody. When Saslae told her: "I am not an enemy who will be casually defeated and forgotten!" ... The Dwarf named her in Dwarven: "I name you: Selfish Rock".

And Saslae spent the next several hours ranting about it. Confused. Irritated. And drinking heavily. This was the first individual that "Selfish Rock" had ever encountered who could not be bought or manipulated when the Drow made effort to get one over on her pride more than any material possessions.

I will, from now on whenever Saslae is on the surface? 'Disguise' her as ' "Selfish Rock", The Drow'.

Kudos go to: Gorudan Vintergard and to Ragnild Blimth.

Side-note to DM's?: Still want to return that axe to Gorudan somehow. I don't know the server policy on these kinda things--??? I don't know server policy or best practices on this on an OOC level; except: "Don't be a Jerk" -- so I wanna get the axe back somehow. I told him OOC I'd make effort to get him his axe back and I don't want him to lose "Sacrifice" ... an obscene axe ... thing is off the chain. > . >

I figure since disarm is not scripted to throw the weapon back into inventory this is legit-- but I still feel like.. soul-crushingly terrible

While I have an obligation to make a Sunite Paladin, and a Loviatari ... these guys really make me want to play a dwarf. x . x;

Edit:
Someone explained to me that this axe comes off the anvil with most of these properties. Steel, Iron, and a scroll of cone of cold. And comes off the anvil runic'd with an essence applied afterward.

I thought I yoinked some rare artifact weapon from someone's character and felt absolutely miserable about it. ; . ; I wanted to cry IRL. Haha.

I thought I was low-balling the randsome -- turns out I was high-balling.

Playing evil hurts my soul. x . x;

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: "Selfish Rock"

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:26 pm

You selfish rock! :)

In regards to the weapon, make a story out of the return of it, or maybe they'll track her down first!

Sounds like a very positive event!
Please don't feed my sister.

flower

Post by flower » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:40 pm

The axe made it back.

Just now i realize how honest fool my drow is and should have tell him it cost him tripple...

LemonBerry

Post by LemonBerry » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:28 am

<3