Wizardly RP of the Highest Caliber

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Wizardly RP of the Highest Caliber

Post by triaddraykin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Glartar Zimbrulgan surprised me last night with the single most involved, in-depth, and enjoyable Wizard-and-Apprentice RP I have ever seen or heard of.

Considering I've been playing an Archmage for several RL years, that's saying something.

He's new to our server, but I think he's definitely been a hidden gem among us for a few months now.

We had Paramunde's Gathering, Laskar's Linkage, Otiluke's Abjurative Structuring.... And they weren't just name dropped and forgotten, he actually laid down foundation for other spells, such as the Gathering used in several of them.

I'm going to post up, with his permission, our RP in the Dueling grounds, and a text log along with it, since I took the screenshots at about 7AM and missed a few words here and there... And let his quality speak for itself.

https://imgur.com/a/Btj2b

https://pastebin.com/CiWQuCUS
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

cptcuddlepants

Re: Wizardly RP of the Highest Caliber

Post by cptcuddlepants » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Glartar has an incredible amount of depth, presented in a neat and simple manner. He's super fun to interact with!
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Yep, props to the player. Lissa gave him a task and he ran with it to develop it into something great.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

JustAFingerWiggler

Post by JustAFingerWiggler » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:01 am

Awww, thanks you all :)
Glartar Zimbrulgan - Cormyrian expat, mageling, and alchemist
Kwalu Senghali - Creepy monk

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:01 am

a+ amian expat, expect good things

jud will be missed