The Final "Fair Winds" from Bjorn

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Baseili

The Final "Fair Winds" from Bjorn

Post by Baseili » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:51 pm

I'd been a long strange trip for my first proper character on Arelith, during which I've had the pleasure to meet an untold number of PC's who have made the experience all the richer. From his beginnings as a sword for hire, to smith, to barman, to bar owner and finally back to pirate, Bjorn has led an unusual life for an overly grumpy viking, one I can only hope has been entertaining for those he encountered.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to decide how to continue his story until I realised that his story had come full circle, from piracy to piracy. Now he sails back to Luskan, ready to try and find the family he abandoned twenty seven years ago.

There are simply too many people who have made my short time here a grand one to list so I will simply say "Kudos" to all who I have greatly inconvienced with Bjorn's rather direct personality and brutish ways, thank you all.

malice

Re: The Final "Fair Winds" from Bjorn

Post by malice » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 pm

So long, old man!

Bran Bree

Post by Bran Bree » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:07 am

A truly heartfelt farewell to him, whom I consider to be one of my character's closest long-time friends. Going to miss those long conversations at the tavern over mugs of ale. In retrospect, I wish I had adventured with Bjorn more, but hindsight 20/20 :cry: .

His return journey and what happens after he arrives back in Luskan sounds like it could be a great and endearing story in itself! Writers inspiration, anyone? :D

But I very much enjoyed RPing with Bjorn. Once Bhando's story is done and ever goes to Luskan, I hope he would make a point to seek out the gruff old pirate.

Fair winds!

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 am

I liked Bjorn. Cool guy.

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 am

Bjorn was really cool - Fair winds to him!

Arise_Gargantua

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:20 am

Bjoooorn NOoooooOOoo

I will miss calling him old
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa

Baseili

Post by Baseili » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:35 am

I'm glad you guys had as much fun with Bjorn as I did playing him, now to decide on my next character. Any suggestions?

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:49 am

Pirate? Darn, I just missed the boat. Our characters would have got along smashingly.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice