Ellie Howlsong's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

FrozenSolid

Ellie Howlsong's Kudos

Post by FrozenSolid » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 am

Hi!

I wanted to give out some thank yous! Ellie is sticking around for awhile, at least for now the future is always in flux! But the dynamic of her story is changing, and I wanted to thank people that have been apart of that.

I could probably write 100000 pages about some of these players but i'll keep it short and sweet.

1. Quentin,

Quentin is a holy warrior! But human enough that he can be interacted with and connected with. The roller coaster ride he's allowed himself to be on with Ellie is great, I'm surprised he's held on so long! Great character I look forward to future interactions.

2. Rauvlin,

I really appreciate how I've seen you network, always working on new plots, pushing both your house members and others to continue stories and involve new people. Being a drow it can be difficult to maintain that persona of being an evil drow while also allowing other players to prosper. But you manage this wonderfully and I appreciate the effort you go to, to make things fun and interactive.

Ellie feared Rauvlin, but as their relationship continued she came to respect, then revere her. It was a cool development.

3. Gray'val,

Ellie's original slaver. She astonished Ellie teaching her that even Drow had feelings, emotions, and needs. Ellie had always intended to betray her, playing her like an instrument until the moment her freedom was available. But when the time finally came? She found she couldn't betray her, and a genuine relationship had been developed! It was fun!

4. Allyara,

Ellie's second mistress really, if Gray wasn't around Ally was constantly having Ellie follow along. I remember a lot of long training sessions to learn Undercommon and some threatening whippings QQ. She was a good drowes, and a fun development from master to sister.

5. The Barrith's as a whole!

There are a lot of players that are involved in the Barrith house. I enjoyed the interactions we had and the development of relationships overall. From slaves to Drow, the Barrith house was always up to something.

It was interesting to see all the different influences on Ellie, and how she went from sitting on the floor being patted like a dog, to being adopted into the La'lasrkan faith and becoming a 'sister'. She still holds that to be an extreme honor.

6. The Underdark

I've never played in the UD before, Ellie was my first character down there so learning about Andunor, and the UD was a new experience. I still haven't seen it all. I was originally very apprehensive about getting involved with the UD. It's an entirely different atmosphere.

Hate it or love it i've met a lot of great characters and players in the UD. It has been fun.

Being a slave Ellie was treated like one often! But the players were always very considerate OOC. I appreciated the gestures and sometimes, what players would do to accommodate a slave keeping things lively.

7. The Slave System O_O

The collar really is difficult to get off. Not going into details, when the clamp finnally fell off and the mechanical events scripted to occur depending on how you do it, it was awesome. It's probably one of the single greatest moments an NPC impacted a character hard enough to make them tottally rethink their lives. It's a neat system and great for RP.

There's many other characters I interacted with. Each of them apart of the environment and each with their own stories. As I continue to play Ellie, I look forward to how these many relationships unfold.

8. Hostages!

For that brief time Ellie was taking hostages and threatening lives. Thanks to everyone that played along :3 Being evil has been a blast.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Frostaspella

Re: Ellie Howlsong's Kudos

Post by Frostaspella » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:18 am

Ellie was a blast to play with! If i come back maybe i will find and RP with ya again!
Frostaspella (Mage = Free Food and Drinks for all!)

Ski-U-Mah!
Skol Vikings!

#gopherfinalfour2018
#minnesotamarchtothealamo

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Ellie Howlsong's Kudos

Post by Durvayas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Awww, thanks Frozen. Ellie is a lot of fun to play with. Watching her transition from being neutral to being a member of the La'laskran faith and twisting her into an evil character has been a lot of fun! Might manage to interact with you on my new PC. I hope so, or maybe when the Barrith's come back, but I'm looking forward to it.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)