Down with the druid! Kalika Kudos.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Swirling Stars

Down with the druid! Kalika Kudos.

Post by Swirling Stars » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:35 am

Time to say goodbye and head for a new horizen.

This character is.. very, very old. Like 2014-2015 old. Today, I finally decided to roll her. And thus, here comes the kudos. This is probably.. two-three years long overdue and if I'm being honest, in hindsight, I'm not too happy with this character. I was a different roleplayer and person in terms of maturity back then and frankly this character was a bit.. scattered.

That said, I would like to thank a few people that did especially give me some fond memories on this character despite my personal dislike of my own druid.

To all the grove members way back when. From Nicholas (grove wizard I miss u) to Simon del Solis. I believe grove wizards name was Nicholas. I was super sad when you stopped logging in. I actually very much enjoyed rp with you and I wish I'd said so sooner. Kudos to you mate. Kudos to Simon as well. He was a bro.

Big one to you Amadeo. You always intimidated me a bit because you are such an awesome roleplayer and I am honestly still touched you took this character under your wing and tried to mold her into something better. I used to feel so inadequate rping with you, but you made it a point to include me even though I was likely not contributing much. Thank you for the example.

To Daijin for dealing with my annoying, silly younger self. Thank you for being patient with me and I wish rp had ended on a better note between us. I hope you're succeeding at whatever you're doing these days.

To the Tower and it's members Angela Amana and Astarial De'nathe (Sp?) who Kali spent some time with learning how to teach people stuff and inspiring her to write about herbs. She certainly enjoyed that shop in the tower for a long while.

To Minerva Tengille, Zetharial D'vonte, and the old Wharftown Waymen crew that Kali served under as a newly sprouting druid. You guys.. I really had a fun time rping with you all. I really did. Minerva, I valued you as a rper and respected your ability to lead. It is something I still strive for. I don't know where you are, or who you are. But please keep being you.

To the Waymen who served under Kali whilst she was Captain of the Waymen. (Thank you for putting up with my younger self. Those teal uniforms were U-G-L-Y as sin).

To Merin Miltea, Ambroz Lyons, and Ann Thrule for forcing me to face conflict rp and making me a better roleplayer. At the time, I really hated the attention. Now, I am thankful for it. Thank you for giving me a better backbone and shoving me forward. I needed it. I will also never use teal in any outfit ever again, I promise.

To Darastrix and Roronoa to opening my world and showing me there are better, mechanical ways to do things. Without you guys, Kali would likely still have had con, int gear and possibly continued to die to things she shouldn't have died to. As well as showing me the world of epic dungeons. You two forced me to get used to higher level places. And to the challenge of surviving there. I would have never stepped out of my comfort zone without either of you. I truly enjoyed the time I spent rping with you guys, and spending time together with you in those days.

To Wicket Witherdusk, for giving me a villain to hate. Someone to strive to beat in battle. Despite anything else, I found your character to be a true villain ic and I enjoyed trying to combat them.

To Toad and Fenix the Hiver for surprising me. For giving me intrigue rp that I never knew existed. My association with you is what inspired my character after Kalika and paved a way for me to be a better rper. I'm really thankful for all the time spent joking around and having fun. I am still salty you rolled Toad.

To Barradoor, because I totally thought you played an elf at the same time as me who followed the same god and was also a druid at the same time but apparently it wasn't you. You're still a bro. :^]

To Rosalie Raynor. Kali still had that chirping raven gem you made her. You, also, inspired me and my future rp.

To Kaissar and the rest of the kobold babus. Kaissar was a genuine breathe of fresh air. Kali's longest standing and most loyal friend, perhaps. I never thought that when Kaissar snuck into the grove that first day, that these two would ever become as close as they would. A kobold and a human being friends. Strange right? Their friendship came out of no where and was completely unexpected. The moment you walked into the grove and spoke, I knew something fun would come out of knowing Kaissar. And we did have quite a bit of fun. I, must say, I miss the long philosophical talks on the circle of life and balance. It made me feel like I was actually.. druiding. Not just shapeshifting into animals and flying around. There are so many words I could put here, but most of them are extremely bittersweet. Wherever Kali went, Kai followed. And wherever Kaissar went, Kali followed. These two were inseparable. I guess sometime's the oddest friendships turn out to be the most satisfying. I genuinely miss our late-night rp sessions. Start playing Veritas again or so help me I will never forgive you for rolling Kaissar.

And finally, Kudos to Dm Guapo. Even if you are no longer around, or on the dm team, you were the first dm to ever make me feel like.. I wasn't going to be smited when you would say, 'Hey can I talk to you a minute when you're out of rp?'. And one of the first to involve me deeply into an event. Before you, I rarely ever participated in dm events. I was scared of it really. Scared I'd mess up and get punished or something. Anytime you were involved, I felt relieved and safe. I actually had fun. You even were a friend at times and despite everything, you managed to make my time on this character more enjoyable. Thank you for the time you put including me. I truly appreciate it.
Last edited by Swirling Stars on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"he gotted his scimater ready to do the smite. he stood up and praysed to worm to make strong and torm say 'okay Hal Whitestriker now you are stronger :^)'" - Heavy Breathing
10/10

Iceborn

Re: Down with the druid! Kalika Kudos.

Post by Iceborn » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:02 am

The wind followed him as he followed her...
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 am

I thoroughly enjoyed Kalika's temporary speech impediment.

Swirling Stars

Post by Swirling Stars » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Dreams wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed Kalika's temporary speech impediment.
Ugh don't remind me. I regret never being able to settle on one concept.
"he gotted his scimater ready to do the smite. he stood up and praysed to worm to make strong and torm say 'okay Hal Whitestriker now you are stronger :^)'" - Heavy Breathing
10/10

imgoinginane83

Post by imgoinginane83 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Looking up some of the old folks I used to play with back in the day. Just wanted to say your welcome and if your still around, zeth has returned. Still alive and kicking. a bit different sorta. Kalika will be missed. Hope you got something cool out of it.

Sorry we lost touch with eachother. But hope your well. :D
If we deny love love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear the pain of loss, then our lives will be empty and the loss greater.