A Possible Farewell

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

A Possible Farewell

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:03 am

So first off, I know these are usually used for rolling characters, however, this is more of a shelf. Not so much a good bye, but more so a see ya later space cowboy.

I want to give a kudos to DM Always This Late and Titania for organizing what was originally thought a very boring, one sided RP by the Underdark, raiding Greyhammer and then using the chaos to surprise Guldorand and raid them with several Gnoll clan NPCs. However, that came to a very quick end at Greyhammer when it was discovered that not only was their plans discovered but it involved half the Arelith community. I'll take a win there for involving so many people.

However, such great things come at a cost. I debated for a long time, what would happen to Khuzhe Deftpaw should she lose this battle, should she lost yet another battle that was to be to her God Yeenoghu, to rebuild the gnolls and make them a prominent and feared faction once more. I guess I can start thinking more about that now, the aftermath of the event involved a very emotional one on one rp between Khuzhe and the Ragepaw Elder who had died. Again, kudos to ATL for making a very heartwrenching moment tasteful and intriguing.

I am not above admitting defeat, I have been bested at every turn, small victories here and there, but very little gain and I'll happily accept the losses and let them develop the character story. I want to give specific kudos to Lucien Zealsworn, Darius Snowpike, and the tiefling whose name I have forgotten (I apologize). The portal chamber encounter was a nice thing, great emotion, great story reveal. Love it. Kudos to those who participated but I specifically wanted to acknowledge them.

Kudos to the underdarkers who appeared, though we lost, I love and appreciate your time and effort for coming out. Love you all.

Now, the big reveal. How this ended was Khuzhe's final failure resulted in what she believes was not only the loss of a potential mate, her followers that she was hoping to becoming a God from (ie the NPC Gnoll clans), but more importantly. She felt she had lost her God, Yeenoghu, as well. Feeling empty, abandoned, and ashamed for her failure. She wanders off into the sunset of Sibayad in self exile to reflect, reconnect, replan, and POSSIBLY disappear forever with what is left of her once strong clan.

As I said before, this is not a good bye yet, but a see you later. Should this be the end, I'll gladly post another thread with a Thanks to all who pushed and developed Khuzhe's story.

The Salt Elemental

Re: A Possible Farewell

Post by The Salt Elemental » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 am

Aww it was Nehala. And thank you. <3

I was hoping to at least give a little something back, considering the start of the battle didn't have too much rp and it would have sucked to just leave you all there in greyhammer. I'm glad you had a fun time with the exit rp! Hopefully Khuzhe comes back soon!!
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:38 am

For the longest time, we have felt shah had been taking up a lot of the spotlight for someone who was not the Clan Leader. We both felt that way. So this was a very heart warming, despite being tragic, way to go. Dying, being revived, and handed her possible last defeat as the sworn enemy of the surface, the vile, evil, demon worshiping Denmother of the Sharps.

So don't feel sad. All great stories have a good and bad ending. For the heroes, they get to go home and cheer and feast about how they defeated the scourge that threatened their lives, their homes, their families, while the evil forces retreat in their dark holes or perish, their plans thwarted. This is how I like stories to end up, some times you're just not on the winning side, and that's okay. It would be a very boring story if everyone won! lol :D but anyways, Thank you Nehala Rein for your RP and all the lovely moments we had beating each other up. Depending what happens during the hiatus (while I enjoy playing other characters that is!), we may see Khuzhe try something else. Whether it is another nefarious deed or otherwise, only time will tell >:D

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 am

Well I kinda gave that short RP comment before pvp because we were charging in ready to fight, to me it doesn't make a lot of sense for an "army??" to charge into battle, ready to cut throats after already killing two hawkin guards to all of a sudden stop and have a nice little chat with tea and crumpets lol! But thank you for the extended RP at the end, that was a nice touch.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:45 am

Definitely a massive Kudos to you guys and the DMs.
We had no idea it was even happening until about 1-2 RL hours before it did, and then all of a sudden there's this massive, 3 location war going on. Attacks from everywhere, multiple types of enemies, our forces all over the place, and communication going on like crazy.
It was such a fun event, thrilling, and kept me excited for hours and hours.
Huge kudos to both the DMs for being able to manage such a large scale event so well, that's a real credit to the two of you.
And Kudos to the master minds behind it for being able to pull off something like that so well under our noses the whole time, lol, fair play =D

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:45 am

Duude I wish Astra coulda been there since Geryhammer is her home, but being pregnant and all, she was not allowed, specially since it was her home she was a likely target of said raid in Greyhammer xD

But from what I hear, it was amaaazing. We all hope you guys had fun! And there where no hard feelings about suddenly having the Surface Gank Squad on you. <3

(She found out the same time as Sully / Paddy, an Jadoth, and riled who she could for help, despite not getting to go)

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 am

Astra wasn't a personal target, but definitely someone the gnolls did not have good relations with lmao! It was a lot of fun, and regardless what happens, I'll more than likely be around to RP with other characters. Perhaps a particular friend in the shadow who does not want to see a mother to be harmed? :P

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:05 am

Orian_666 wrote:Definitely a massive Kudos to you guys and the DMs.
We had no idea it was even happening until about 1-2 RL hours before it did, and then all of a sudden there's this massive, 3 location war going on. Attacks from everywhere, multiple types of enemies, our forces all over the place, and communication going on like crazy.
It was such a fun event, thrilling, and kept me excited for hours and hours.
Huge kudos to both the DMs for being able to manage such a large scale event so well, that's a real credit to the two of you.
And Kudos to the master minds behind it for being able to pull off something like that so well under our noses the whole time, lol, fair play =D
We had been carefully planning this for about 1 IRL month. Working very closely with the DMs and even once sending a request to Irongron for a side result of this whole thing. Organizing small raids, NPC killings, small DM Events, etc etc.
Last edited by TalonTheHalfDrow on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 am

TalonTheHalfDrow wrote:Astra wasn't a personal target, but definitely someone the gnolls did not have good relations with lmao! It was a lot of fun, and regardless what happens, I'll more than likely be around to RP with other characters. Perhaps a particular friend in the shadow who does not want to see a mother to be harmed? :P
Waaait, thats your character?~ That odda prove interesting.

(Haah, well, they couldn't figure any other reason why they'ed go to greyhammer, other then Astra's house being there, but good to know~ xD)

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 am

It was all a distraction, those crafty underdarkers!! *shakes fist menacingly*

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 am

In the end, as said above, it's created a lot of emotional turmoil and strife for the gnoll. In her mind after the final RP with ATL, she feels her God has abandoned her due to her failures to restore the gnolls and she feels she has lost everything after the death of the Ragepaw Elder. How she will bounce back will remain to be seen. Regardless what happens, it'll either be a strong return, or a very sad yet amazing end to a great character. I wouldn't have it any other way <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIV8ZcDB8ps

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 am

Khuzhe was a pretty darn scary villain for Jad, she was like that bogeyman lurking in the shadows, a threat that he'd always hear about but never be able to do anything against.

May her retirement be full of ... whatever makes gnolls happy! :P
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Respect to you for taking a loss.
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

Ramza

Post by Ramza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Taking a loss that others refuse to*

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 pm

We had a wonderful ride, it's always hard to end it even when it's time, but if we do go, rest assured we can still be found lurking the darker corners of arelith plotting it's demise

a huge thank you and kudos to the arelith community for putting up with our shenanigans, more to come even after our end, the Deftpaws will live on in the stories we made together and the history we created
Plays as the monster in your closet

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Voidstone Roulette wrote:Respect to you for taking a loss.
It's a bitter pill to swallow but we are adults and can accept when we have been beaten. But it's been a wild and fun ride. Let's see what the future holds for the gnolls

Voidstone Roulette

Post by Voidstone Roulette » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 am

TalonTheHalfDrow wrote:
Voidstone Roulette wrote:Respect to you for taking a loss.
It's a bitter pill to swallow but we are adults and can accept when we have been beaten. But it's been a wild and fun ride. Let's see what the future holds for the gnolls
I feel that, I personally was never ever good at "losing" IC but that's something i'm looking to change.
0 Bonus: Does not stay in character, rushes around from spawn to spawn killing things with little to no interaction.

Nitinious

Post by Nitinious » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Playing evil toons is like accepting an entire pill bottle of loss. In sheer numbers more people want to play good and “save the day” (and to win). To really enjoy playing evil is to play knowing it’s likely you’re going to lose. But at the same time you can drive plot like no other and the entire server can be talking about what you do IG. You break the stagnation, give them a day to save, and keep them logging in. (To stop you). Cause just letting evil win?, nono, they’ll be in game for you and it wouldn’t be much a game without you.

P.s.
... more evil toons plz, we could use the numbers to attempt to make it even more of a challenge.

Ramza

Post by Ramza » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Yet there is also not much of a benefit to the evil player for taking these sacrifices upon himself.

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 am

The benefit is not seen due to the fact that I haven't seen evil win in several months. Evil can drive plot like no other character. Vance Gravelle, created a very dark cloud over Cordor for a long time with his attacks years ago. Arakh created a large uprising of Good characters to defend Myon and restore peace. Though we're in the aftermath of Arakh, and while that's not a bad thing. It'd be nice to see that conflict come back. Think of it like Superman, General Zod has beaten Superman with the use of Kryptonite and is now one step closer to reviving Krypton and destroying Earth. This can be the part of the story where the villain wins, creating a dark forbodding cloud of doubt and despair, leading to the heroes epic comeback!

Just really depends how you want to make it. Do you want the hero to squash all evil in an instant, or taste defeat to make the comeback all the sweeter? This is merely for future villains, and I hope the Deftpaws set the stage for such plot. That'd be really cool :)