Festival of the Star/Warden Smith

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ironfoot

Festival of the Star/Warden Smith

Post by Ironfoot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:43 am

Thank you for the great "Festival of the Star", same as last this for sure was great to remember and great chance to end/shelf this toon i been playing for really long time. Thanks to DM Titania who is little to say spice things up for the event.

First i wish to say if anyone wants to play something amazing play gnome, if you want to play something even more amazing, play svirfneblin-the biggest secret of Arelith!

The list of people who i should kudos during playtime is really long so i will spread it when it comes to me:
Svirfneblins:
Periacy-is first because of the impact that player made over gnome society, still think that notebook you made is one of the best player made tools and it helped me a lot to play a proper svirfneblin.
Gaelqu Ardenflock-great great Warden, the most missed gnome and overall as a player, i hope you are reading this and you plan to return to arelith when time is free.
Freya-reason why i played svirfneblin as well reason i play this game at all, number of of arelith by my book!
Putik Kapas-great Elder who was there when i start to play, but also santa clause of the svirf-world, i still didnt find any more helpfull player than you.
Ruby Glitterdust-i wished we RPed more, i am glad everything you did also conflicts we had
Urda, Kheldrid (you will get your order dont worry), S'muth, Meggie, Eel, Rit, Saphira-i am sure i missed someone, each of you shaped my toon and turned in totally unplanned way, thank you for it.

Rock Gnomes:
Terto Tarquin-if anyone should be first who influenced my toon the most its Terto, this whole story is incredible as it ends in full circle making small parts to matter in final result at the end, and they did indeed.
Lissa- even as things end up hard on both toons, only to uncover the deeper background behind it i will always recall those nice "cups of tea" i had with Mayor of Bendir, hope you continue to amaze us all with your great work IC as well IC stories.
Wotan Woodberry-could make a novel out of this guy, but one thing describes him the most, true earthkin by heart, keep on dreaming my friend.
Ivory Bushdigger-as already mentioned. 8-)

There are many others who partake in meeitings like Adoria, Swoozie and many more, sorry for not mentioning others as its hard to put everyone right away.

Halfings: Its hard to mention you all as i dont recall really your names((Sorry!)), but you were that comic-relief and true fun to not only IC but OOCly as well revealing how this game is-just a game. Thank you for that.

THE DWARFS:
The best faction ever-a fact! I never met so many mature and good RPers as i did with these dwars, and you guys only go even more forward with it by attracting even more great players, its very huge shame to mention even one of you so i wount honoring the teamplay as you are, its in spirit what you represent and as how i see it, as one sharing RP towards other groups and even to enemies making interesting for them to accept the story what RP is about. Hail Lads!

Keryvian Starym
:I RPed with many elves but this one was most close to me, kudos man for keeping the story of Spriggans alive I know it was not easy. :D

Grit, Fivez, That "The Wizard" dude-it was amazing that little but extremly quality RP we had

And last but not least, to DMs, Spyre for creating very dark story for gnomes, DM Titania for extreme multitasking and taking so many different plots at once holding it together for so many months, DM Grumpy for surprise attack with undeads that sparked many more events already mentioned. Spriggan War was a bit overdue, but is most interested DM PLOT i been part of that told so many great stories that will be pass from players to players forever, the gnomes never were in numbers in last 6-7 years, and for sure didnt have any DM related stories, so as we had both during most of the time i can say i played in gold-age for gnome, and how cool is that? Kudos to rest of DM staff that we all interacted with and to our DEVS for launching whole arelith now with EE to stars, beyond galaxy...who knows!

Cheers all!

Hammerwell

Re: Festival of the Star/Warden Smith

Post by Hammerwell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:54 am

Wow, what a moment. I didn't know that it was the intended end for him, and so am very glad to have seen him in action.

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 am

It wasnt intended, but it happend lol, its kinda poetic as year after last Festival of The Star that was memorable and now this one with "Empire Strikes Back" kind of scenario. I just felt more story can be told, and RP made if outcome is accepted. Accepting the consequence of our RP is what makes this game better even as sometimes might not go the way we would like, its like real life ,also gives PCs chance to grow or alter their RP.

Once more kudos to all the Hins who joined the festival and really brought halfing spirit to the table (literally) :D

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:43 am

Today Wotan has lost a mentor, a brother and a close friend. Warden Smith will be missed dearly. :cry:

I never forget their shared deep moments in the Brog's brewery inn where they tend to meet, plan and report during the Spriggan War. It never be same without Smith.

Thank you all DM and players for the event, it's never boring with the gnomes and the rest of the earthkins. :D

EDIT: Pity Smith's remains were burned, would loved to have his light hammer or something to remember him with Wotan. Picking his skull would have been weird. Gotta hire someone to craft a tombstone or statue for him.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:13 am

Smith will be missed, and I am really sorry Ivory because of my RL issues could'n't be there ...

Smith has been a great addition to the svirfs, and made a memorable character, imo. We've had many intense RP sessions, plots running, and in general many interactions.

So long, I am sure you'll be back with a new and interesting character.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:52 pm

I'll guess it is time I sit down and actualy add my two cents to this Kudosthread, considering what part I played in the Festivities of the Stars. But we should really split it up in the two natural parts it was, for they both shined with excellence on it's own sepparate ways.

Festivities of Stars.
Kudos for Smith, for hosting this community event among the Gnomes (and the pair of halflings), We might not be on our player peek, but the turnout was nice anyhow. Appologies for playing the rain on the parade, but Terto is a rather gloomy character.

Kudos for Wotan and Glinda, who each presented a very nice story about their favourite Lord, and Lady of the Golden Hills. Extra credit for the dress-up costume on Glinda.

Kudos for Megglepheg, for still being alive and kicking and screaming. She and S'mut really makes the dynamic duo of the "Surfacers should stay on the surface" faction of the Village, I am uncertain if they both know it.

Kudos for the Outsiders (read Halflings), Who entered in an attempt to bring halfing joy to the Gnomes, I'm afraid that most of them are paranoid, spitefull creatures whos life is filled with much toil and pain. So appologies for the initial frosty greetings, I'm happy that you both decided to stay for the event.

Gnome Wars: Episode 1. The Spriggan Menace/Torlarnds death
Ofcourse, when there is DM involved there is always some sinister plot in play. This time it was the freeing of the last Spriggan Commander from the War-time. (Had to be done before the community decided on decapitating him).
The obstacle: How to promote RP for as many people as possible through this.

Considering we have the entire Earthkin Alliance on high alert. I say we did pretty darn good.

Kudos for all involved, Most of you are mentioned already above, although for this time for all different reasons.

Kudos for Smith, in his attempt to keep ontop of it all, and what troubles can occur when people stop co-opperating, which eventually resorted in violence. His end gives the reminder that if you cut someone down, they can actualy die.

Kudos for Megglepheg, instinctively pointing fingers at her least favourite Gnome in the room. How can such rivalry be forged by the simple misslocation of a bear skin rug some sixteen IG years ago?

Kudos for Wotan, for shouldering the monumentous task of finding the answers to what actualy happened in the Grotto, that cycle, and where is the Spriggan-Commander now?

Kudos for the investigative crew. Glinda, Merry and you the last halfling whos name currently slips my mind. It will be interesting to see what role you all will play in the pending trials.

Also a shoutout for the late-commers, sorry you missed the main event and came into the middle of alot of confusion, but I hope it was semi-enjoyable for you anyhow.

Did I miss anyone, I don't think I did. Remember to stay tuned for Gnome Wars: Episode 2. Attack of the Spriggans. Or actualy, possible episode 1.5 Trial of a murdurer.

Freedom, Beauty, Truth and Love.
Terto Tarquin.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Always enjoyed Warden smith even if things went sour towards the end with our characters. All the best with the new one!

Lissa always seems to miss when Terto is at his worst. Hah
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Yep, realising there is Tor The Great one could persume something crazy would happen, i enjoyed in all the conflicts (Terto, Lissa and even Ivory) and also as character being torned between its cleric role and warden, if there was event Smith was both at its best, by my opinion, this was it, to go out by doing his duty. How others will react to it its remain to be seen-any reaction is RP and after player numbers dropping hope this brings some.

I say for me this story was simply great, it brings so many "world-justice" to the table, as it did to spriggans so it did to other party, as in real life, there are not victorious in battle, no matter who wins someone dies, and keep on dying even after wars are finished on various days. I am glad DMs, maybe not on purpose, put this before us and at least for me gaved unique experiance that we cant find in other games, but lucky we can on Arelith.

Also, the character is not rolled and dont plan too, smithing projects for players waiting them will be finished but this story and active RP for Smith are over for now.