Duergar Chase Event Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Kreindis

Duergar Chase Event Kudos

Post by Kreindis » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:37 pm

I might do these more often! Anyways I really wanted to thank and praise the ones who were involved in the event if only for the reason that it feels wrong to not.

Lissa - I honestly wouldn't even have been a part of the event since Sorina planned on just walking right on by to the Arcane Tower if not for Lissa inviting her along. It was so much fun that I would be remiss if I didn't thank her for that.

Falgrim - It was particularly fun to meet up with Falgrim again since when they met the first time she was following Quentin around. She didn't speak to him much because it wasn't her place to do so. Running into him here let her reacquaint with him but more as equals.

Fibb - I enjoyed Fibb's obsession with things that everyone else saw as irrelevant. Much like with Falgrim this was another chance to reacquaint and assist.

Terto - Here's an interesting one >< Terto is the only one that Sorina didn't know in some form. He was a fun foil to Sorina who she ended up liking in the end. His presence also allowed me to play the not-so-polite Sorina.

The DM - I don't actually know who ran the event but whoever it was is awesome.

Everyone - Now for the overall reason why I liked this event. To me it felt like the perfect amount of everything in RPG journeys.

It was a lengthy event that spanned multiple areas which had amazing pacing. And honestly the pacing alone couldn't be achieved without everyone's help. We never spent too long or too little on one part of the whole thing.

It also had several points that gave "the spotlight" to every member of the party. The personal touches like racial bloodfueds or the wounded Hawk'ins made the journey and interactions that much more meaningful.

And it all culminated into what is probably my favorite fight in Arelith, ever.

There were several amazing PC moments in the fight alone that I loved but I'm already droning on as it is. I'm not sure how it was as one of the frontline meleers but as the Bard it was astoundingly fun and epic.

One thing I do want to outright praise the DM for is the Chosen One of Kurtulmak. He was a great villain despite being short lived. His confidence and his arrogance really did portray him well as an evil champion of his god.

So all in all, thanks for the fun afternoon everyone!
Former Characters: Madeline Thorne, Falloren Ciel (FL), Sorina Lokevir, Ceinwen Randallar.

Xerah

Re: Duergar Chase Event Kudos

Post by Xerah » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Victory to the Garl Spawn!

Glad you enjoyed it and were able to come along. You actually joined about halfway through, as well.

Of course, thanks to DM Titania for running everything!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

redhawx

Post by redhawx » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 pm

I was so tired during most of this event - but it was great.
My idea was to join and then, if it got to late.. i'd simply drop off. Being tired as i was.. wasn't easy comming up with a idea that made sense in regard to let Falgrim drop out of hunting down a duergar. Thanks everyone players and DM's.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 am

So glad you ran into the little party, always fun to draw in unexpected folks into a little adventure.
Please don't feed my sister.

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:29 pm

It was indeed a victory for the Garl-spawn, in securing the artifact we saught. Overall I enjoyed the event very much, the size of the party was the right size, the lenght of the event wasn't into the time when one is usualy to get up in the morning, and there was some enjoyment for each and every character to develop around. Also there was a clear ending to this subplot of other plots, at the end it felt that we had accomplished something, which is a good feeling to have after some extencive Roleplaying/Adventuring.
My only regret is that I was unable to rally more Gnomes to this, but theres always next time.

Highlights, in chronological order.
Chalcedony, the little Gnome who couldn't/Pretalk
Awaiting the invited participants to arrive the trio of Gnomes was actualy allowed to do some of the things that atleast I truly enjoy with Terto, talking to other Gnomes, because it brings out Happy-Terto, (or atleast semi-happy), and the conversations which Gnomes have has such a wonderfull way of derailing. Thank you for showing up. (Even if it was unknowingly. ;P)

Lissa, Setting her foot down/Friendship is Magic
Taking a firm stance against Terto in his candidates for mercenary assistance simply claiming that he was not allowed to bring wellknown criminals and phychotic killers to guard an expedition of Gnomes, even if they indeed are the top-notch of the market, and espesially if the individuals in question attempts to kill my friends!
I just always enjoy when the two perspectives of our Gnomes clash like that.

Falgrim, Duergear Merchant/Scrappers
Terto figured that there must be a way of negotiating/threathen his was through everything, be it bridgetrolls or Deurgar buisinessman. Although it seamed the Dwarf had other plans in store, namely, Duergears and trolls equaly need to die. Hostile negotiations ensued and it a wild goosechase of a gray-dwarf commenced with enjoyment for all. Kudos.

Also: (Retold from memory, no screenshots were taking but I think I am about right.)
Terto: I think Trolls are starting to become an endangered species.
Falgrim: Well I am trying my best?

Sorina, What you find along the road/Finders-keepers
Sorina came into the party quite out of chanse, but gracefully landed on her own two feet carrying her own weight. Bravery or Curiosity does not truly matter in the greater scheme of things, you came along and for that we are all very happy.
I realise that if Sorina ended up liking Terto Tarquin after her first encounter I owe you a second one to rectify this mistake, Terto just isn't truly enjoable person, though killing Kobolds always brighten the mood of any Gnome.
First encounter but hopefully not the last, Kudos.

Fibbs, Puzzledoors/Well-prepared
As we progressed into the wildlands we came upon a Puzzledoor, and as natural of a professional spelunker and riddler Fibbs knew that he had the answer to this particular puzzle written down somewhere, in which he starts to rummage through his packs to find them. Being both hot-tempered and in hot-persuit Terto starts pressing all of the buttons untill he achieves the right combination. Fibbs continues to rummage after his note, and finds it eventually, at a time when the rest of the group has already moved onto the next room and the stone-door has closed again behind them. Kudos.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-f ... -prepared/

DM Titania.
As always I am both humbled and gratefull for your assistance setting this event up for the Gnomes at my request, (even though it became abit scarse of the Gnomes), I hope that we can make much more of these sized events in future come. Kudos

With love
Terto Tarquin.