My name is Ilyana... and this a bit late.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Temperance

My name is Ilyana... and this a bit late.

Post by Temperance » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

This thread's been a long time coming since I've shelved the character for quite sometime, so I'm forcing myself to do this. This character's pretty dear to me, unlike most of mine, so I want to make sure the people that made it stand out are known.

Tianae: The first. There's so much to say, I'm wondering what to leave out. Ilyana's first partner in crime and more. An inseparable pair, (for the most part). Countless hours were spent between these two, none of which fails in standing out to me. Laughs, groans, tears; they were all had. The bond between this aggravatingly upbeat swashbuckler and reserved yet quirky wizard made me smile. Seeing them grow beyond that was simply a delight. While plenty changed, going through all the crap that crazy adventurers do, the way these two acted around each other never did. Playing with you was experience, one not easily matched. Some of the most fun I've had.

Kethyra: The story of two lost and broken souls coming together and rekindling each other's love for life is admittedly pretty cliché, but what a treat it was.The proceedings that followed the fateful meeting positively reinvigorated my desire to play, rekindling my own passion. This is another instance of, countless hours spent together whilst staying up to ridiculous hours. I assuredly smiled like an idiot throughout all the sappiness. The time these two spent together looking for answers, and then finding them in each other was so fitting. A wonderfully played character with varied layers that made the ending chapter exceedingly enjoyable. (The only bard that Ilyana didn't want to hurt.)

Myr: The mother. The mentor. The best friend. Plenty of ways to spin this relationship. Whether Myr was relentlessly trolling the haplessly easy target Ilyana or providing guidance to the fledgling (usually both), the exchanges were gold. Sometimes I felt like they were in a fantasy buddy cop flick. They came together through trial and fire, and because of that, Ilyana matured and learned a thing or two about duty, leading her down the path to being something a bit more than herself. Some of the most creative and engaging RP I've had the pleasure to take part in. OG scouts. Rest in piece, friend.

Keryvian, Ievos, Kailu,: 4 WMs. What else did you expect? Memes aside, the little interactions between this bunch either as a whole or individually was a blast. The only thing bringing this group together for a time being an intimate relationship with a weapon (and being elves.) Between Keryvian's intensity and drive, Ievo's stoic and observant thoughtfulness, and Kailu's mercy and kindness, Ilyana learned plenty from each.

Fe'dath: Crazy. Ilyana's rival. And her first proper duel. These two beat each other up the most, and they understood each other to a degree. They grew and changed a lot since that first brawl, but they'd always be competitors that edged each other to be better.

I don't want this too go on too long, even though it probably has, but there's plenty of others that I could go on about. The Myon bunch, the scout crew and all the others that I got the pleasure of playing with, thank you all for the good times. She may pop in again one day. Bye.
Last edited by Temperance on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

WanderingPoet

Re: My name is Ilyana... and this a bit late.

Post by WanderingPoet » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

I liked Ilyana, and enjoyed the interactions between Yeto and her (and her lovers). From the time Ilyana was gushing over Tianae in Cordor, to him suggesting they snatch Melnor's room, to the saddness when Tianae left while Yeto was away and her heart was rekindled by Kethrya - it was nice watching her story unfold, and being a small part of it along the way!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Rivace_Silver

Post by Rivace_Silver » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:08 am

Trisia misses her friend who let her feel important! One of the only elves she met that was approachable and kind.
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.

Imperatrix

Post by Imperatrix » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 am

ily

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 am

<3

I will always remember Ilyana. Truly an amazing, enjoyable and deep character that will always have a special place in my heart (and Tianae's too, of course!). I could go on endlessly about how much I valued her and Tianae's interactions, and how fun it was for me.

You are an amazing roleplayer! Your characters bring life to a fictional world. All the kudos to you.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Eters

Post by Eters » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Ah Ilyana, her place would forever remain in Fe'dath's heart. One of the very few who caught essence of what she really desired. Both shared a lust for crazy adventures and desires for heroism (and mass murder). Thank you for all the good times. <3

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Arion enjoyed every minute. Massive kudos.

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Temperance wrote:4 WMs.
`4 WMs`

The correct quantity of WMs.

But in all seriousness, Ilyana was a blast, and she'll be much missed. Particularly her red-eyed comas.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.