From me, to you.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Nyuunie

From me, to you.

Post by Nyuunie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm

No, I’m not rolling Aowyn yet. She still has much to do.

It’s been not-quite-a-year since I’ve joined Arelith, and I gotta say it’s been a blast. Once or twice I’ve considered taking a hiatus due to some RL issues, but the friendly nature of certain individuals made me rethink the decision. So, I feel like it’s been long overdue to thank these people for supporting me and inspiring this co-writing adventure.

Hour - For giving me a CD key that got the ball rolling; for coming up with the concept that became my most successful character, and for providing her with fantastic development opportunities with the presence (or lack thereof) of her brother.

Hex - He who knowledge dumps at every turn in the name of established lore and mythos. Iliberos was, and still is, Aowyn’s greatest source of inspiration when it comes to the arcane. He is also the reason she is a raging alcoholic, but I digress. The ease of RP and willingness to help with leveling or gold-gathering is an immensely welcome relief on particularly stressful days/nights.

RedRopes - You pocket-spaghetti having nerd. I greatly enjoyed the slice of life days of Marlevaur and Phi’lara, and never would have expected the dirty druid woman to marry the King of Myon upon her creation. Your subtle IC memery and top-tier typos always make my day. I have but two more words for you: salsa verde.

GET HYPED - Anxiety interferes a lot with my desire to approach new people/characters. Were it not for you, I don’t think I’d have half the connections I do ICly. I also wouldn’t have someone to drunk grind with, or any of this bomb music to listen to when stressed. You’re p’great, don’t forget that.

cj - Sadly, our characters haven’t interacted much - even when they were within the same faction, or had mutual friends - but the short lines of RP between them have always been memorable. Aowyn still recounts Leuthar as a high point of the Zhentarim, and Gulmyr often wonders about what happened to Kelfein (even if it is because he wants to use his body as a thrall).

My Bane Babies:

Vangier, your character’s staunch belief in Bane and motivational speeches are part of the reason why I decided to have Aowyn help resurrect the Church.

Peter and Cayd, your character’s antics are what keep it going. It’s been a blast acting as the doting, diplomatic Bane mom and I hope to continue doing so for some time.

Some Misc. Peeps:

Tired and stern Hoar Dad, Theoros Petrides. For humoring some questions of faith from Bane Mom, and otherwise being an outstanding example of law and order.

Viktor Zau’myr, for the occasional break from hectic diplomacy via wine - it may have saved my sanity more than once.

Chubby Bear, you know who you are. Teasing your character on Phi’lara remains one of my favorite moments on Arelith.

Mama Fistess for the pleasant talks outside of game that remind me there is more than just Arelith (like cats and cooking).

And a special thanks for DM Wish for providing the most memorable event I’ve had to date early on in my Arelith days: slaying a small army of Talassians in Stonehold while backed into a literal corner.

I (platonically) love you, even if y'all are a bunch of heretics :^)

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Re: From me, to you.

Post by Dragonovith » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:53 pm

What can you say about a person who hands you wands for free? It all goes without saying, but I'd like to mention how nice is having a sane individual at your side in the haven of mad and crazy people that is Andunor :).

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Bow or die?

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Aowyn has been pretty cool. Vierna doesn't hate her, and since Vierna has primal proto-emotions, that's nearly as good as it gets with her.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:33 pm

A shame we are so far apart from eachotheer in times zones i so love to spend time with Aowyn.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 am

Aowyn is cool, I had fun with her on Leuthar.

RamblerTeo

Post by RamblerTeo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 am

ok