The Legends of the Illusion War

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Petrifictus

The Legends of the Illusion War

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:28 pm

The Illusion War with the spriggans is finally over and I thought we should write our kudos and share some of our memorable experiences, characters, events, etc. I want to thank all the DMs and players who had part in this tale. I will always remember this legend fondly, eager to read a book about it in game and hear the songs. Dont be shamed to write them long, it was a big journey for all of us and they deserve having a kudos! :D

"He was a coward and always worried about everything. That's why he was able to become a hero."

I remember how Wotan Woodberry's part in the tale began when he met a wolf in Bendir which shared him Nature's dream about the spriggans and told him to seek out Ivory Bushdigger before it was too late. I praise the Forest Gnome that they met as I love the roleplay everytime they spend time together. As player it was interesting to roleplay a romance for the first time and I'm thankful for having experienced it with Wotan & Ivory.

Wotan's first encounter with the spriggans was in the defence of Skull Crags as one of the Oakenhearts, where he ventured deep into the Infernal Prison and learned the true meaning of evil. After the battle he met Warden "Smith" in the Grotto for the first time who told him about the war and the enemy they were facing. After the meeting the two gnomes grew a strong bond of brotherhood which I hope to stay the same after the war.

In his journey he met Terto Tarquin who he later joined with in the defence of Greyhammer when the Shadow Moles dug up against us as we rushed to save Ivory from the Urdlen's altair. Wotan the gnome guided by faith & dreams, Terto the gnome guided reason & logic, one see the best from other races and the other the worse. They are the two different sides of a same coin. Their roleplay is always sweet to play and the ending between them in the end of the war threw me off guard. Interesting to see how their conflict will go in the future.

He had a part in the First Battle of Bendir where he led the Oakenhearts and any volunteered archers he got, and was one of the people who rescued Lissa Whitehorn. From this third event, we grew worried as we learned about the spriggan imposters. Seeing his own "corpse" twice disturbed him. As player I felt little pity that I could not meet and beat up my own evil copy like the others.

Then came the fall of the Grotto under the tyranny of "Torlarnd the Greater," in which Wotan worked with Smith and other gnomes a plan to free it with the help of dwarves in the Festival of Star. As we freed the Grotto but lost Smith for a while and from here he started his road to become a leader for the gnomes, which took a while as he felt scared and nervous about rising up to lead but thank to his close friends, loved ones and allies, he accepted his "destiny." Being suddenly falling into "magic sleeping coma" by Selmila made me nervous but I'm glad Lissa was with Wotan or I shudder what would had happended. It's a pity that meetings of Lissa and Wotan were few in this journey but I hope that will change.

In the Plane of Shadow he joined breaking out Smith from the Iron Prison where he took hit by the machine, which spriggans had used to turn gnomes into one of them, which deeply hurt him in body, mind & soul, and either by the will of the Forest Gnome or luck, he survived and recovered with the little help from Ivory.

The Second Battle of Bendir started the end to the Illusion War. It was epic and scary as many great heroes fought around Bendir as the spriggan fog covered us. Searching the cannon was nervous task and getting hit by them again just worried me more as Wotan and Terto were infected by the spriggan curse. But he endured again as he hugged a giant tree in the unknown battlefield up hills, offered a prayer and was saved by the Forest Gnome!
After the final victory, Wotan joined the others with Terto to track and hunt down Mephez!
In the end good won over the evil and the villain was brought to face judgement for his crimes, but what should have been a happy hour for Wotan was turned sad as Terto fell into darkness.
As the new leader of the gnomes in the Earthkin Alliance/Grotto, Wotan Woodberry is determined to lead his people to the new era of peace!

I wish to raise a toast of kudos to everybody, DMs and players alike who shared this journey with me. I'm interested to see what the peace has to offer us before another villain threatens the Arelith!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Ironfoot

Re: The Legends of the Illusion War

Post by Ironfoot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 am

You just put out text that could be ICly arelith book about this. I have in mind to make one very short from my perspective for "Warden's Records" more focusing on svirfneblin-Grotto point of view.

But, go for it, you already have the most in written anyway, if DEVs like it i am sure they would put it perma on some bookshelves here on Arelith.

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 am

Aw yeh. Make it an awesome book

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 am

I was not planning to write a book, just wanted to share my part in the tale and read about other players experiences but true, who knows if Wotan starts writing some books about his journeys. :)

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm

just copy paste this and name it As "Wotan W.:Spriggan Journal" :)

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Tyrantos wrote:Aw yeh. Make it an awesome book
Ironfoot wrote:just copy paste this and name it As "Wotan W.:Spriggan Journal" :)
Alright! Wotan better start writing when he get some time. :)