The Assault of Bendir - Spriggan Event

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Miaou

The Assault of Bendir - Spriggan Event

Post by Miaou » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 pm

This event was massive! Server-wide, tons of groups doing their own thing, and many different issues to deal with, from seeking out cannons to beating back waves of enemies, to even manipulations of captured spriggans to get information, and magical barriers to keep cannon shots from killing everyone. Tons of creativity to solving the solution, and tons of fun to get the most people involved.

And the largest thank you to the DMs! Thank you for hosting this event, and taking the time through the lag and amount of people to see it enjoyable. Thanks to the settlement and faction leaders for herding the players.

<3

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: The Assault of Bendir - Spriggan Event

Post by SteelsSweets » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:06 pm

This thing was crazy.

All in all it went over very smoothly from the parts I was able to witness. Times like these is when I wish I had DM powers so I could pop around everywhere just to see the scope of what is all going on.

Thank you everyone for being there and providing the colorful paint on the canvas of this event. :)

The server held up marvelously as well. It wasn't very long ago when an event of this awesomeness would have been far more of a problem for play-ability.
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

Amras Deloran

Post by Amras Deloran » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Loved it when the speedy got sucked into the portal.. :D

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Yea definitely a big up to the DMs for this one, took a load of micro management and they handled it masterfully, fair play =D

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:33 am

Was a lot of fun, thanks for hosting it! Got lots of healing in and almost made it through the worst of that channeling.. Curse that 1 on the save!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

StoneBreaker

Post by StoneBreaker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:26 am

special thanks to Maiou for doing your best to keep up with Kera, I really didnt make it very easy on you. and yeah...that was really big, felt like herding a bunch of cats. I would like to thank everyone who came to the event! also another special thanks to yorn, jacob the surgeon, the the priests that help with kera in the aftermath of her being really really crispy hin smore.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 am

Thank you DMs and players alike, you're all great! :D
With this final act, the "Spriggan saga" or "Illusion War" (whatever you like to call it) has finally ended.
The spriggans are defeated, their machines broken and the main villain captured & judged quilty.
But with what a cost? What has the tomorrow to offer us now when the war is over?

It has been a long road for our characters in this journey, which has affected them a lot in good and/or evil. It has sure affected to Wotan's growth as character in a ways I never imagined when I first created him. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen in the future as he rise up to lead the gnomes.

"What of the honoured champions who had fought so hard as the others fell? Their story does not end here. For this is a world of infinite tale, new adventures still await and new legends are yet to be forged." - NWN ending
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

malice

Post by malice » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I join the kudos wagon here.
From the replicant causing troubles in Cordor and keeping a good portion of us busy there (and avoiding to have -all- the playerbase crashing the surface), to the final portal act, it was well thought and well directed. Everyone got a chance to get involved and that was really awesome, it was amazing coordination from the DM team and good cooperation on the players side.
Now to setup that expedition in UD and rescue the poor messenger....

Nemain

Post by Nemain » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Loved the event, players and DM involvement both. Even from behind the lines, Rixia very much felt the pressure of the situation; and the news trickling in little by little from the front made it all feel very much like the war it was.

Of course, then after the last battle was fought, it was the turn for the medical team to actually start doing their job- here's hoping Yorn and Kera manage to get a full recovery. Rixia sure learned she can't afford to continue calling herself a healer with how little she can actually do to help in critical cases, and her build and char growth will soon (tm) reflect changes as she tries to copy how other clerics pray for their bigger heals.

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Surface server was at (or close to!) player limit. Such a huge event must've taken a ton of coordination to handle, cheers to the DMs who were running the show!
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:03 pm

I died. As a hero. RIP Silverbeard the martyr. There are still rumors of this phantom walking the lands.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Tyrantos wrote:I died. As a hero. RIP Silverbeard the martyr. There are still rumors of this phantom walking the lands.
Wait what?! He died? Noo! :´´(
And Wotan liked him even if their time together was short. I better find a good gift for the Forest Gnome for the little luck to the afterlife.

Arnoud443

Post by Arnoud443 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:38 pm

I still call it madness! The amount of players that day was amazing!

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Kudos to DMs, really this was not easy to handle, I hope you are now aware that you put out that bar for yourself now very high, 94 players on surface? :D
The plot from start was great i recall 10 months ago :shock: when DM Wish spark it among the gnomes and to our surprise to get to know several months later that it spread arelith-wise was amazing.

I will remember this period how this plot had effect and hold risen numbers of active playing gnomes (36 at one time if i recall right Terto?) what was impossible to imagine year ago and backwards to the day of making arelith.

It was true honor to play with all of you gnomes during this and earthkins, alliances ect. Hope epilog will be well RPed among the players and that someone (*eyes Cuchi*) will note down of this as they now call it "Illusion War".

Well done, everyone!

Tyrantos

Post by Tyrantos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Petrifictus wrote:
Tyrantos wrote:I died. As a hero. RIP Silverbeard the martyr. There are still rumors of this phantom walking the lands.
Wait what?! He died? Noo! :´´(
And Wotan liked him even if their time together was short. I better find a good gift for the Forest Gnome for the little luck to the afterlife.
What? No! He aint dead, It was a joke! A joke! (because he had to sacrefice himself to save people..)

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 am

Tyrantos wrote:
What? No! He aint dead, It was a joke! A joke! (because he had to sacrefice himself to save people..)
Shh, you're dead. Just lie down, let me get my shovel from inventory and dig a grave.

Just almost thought he died after the reset. My bad. :D

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 pm

DM Wish deserves the lion's share of the credit for the plot as a whole for his ingenious creativity and management with Rakshasa a great help throughought! It was a fun experience and I was happy to see a large amount of participants.
Please don't feed my sister.

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 pm

DM Wish is darkest DM on arelith, and we like that.

"NO HOPE!"

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 am

Though I was a bit player in this drama, it was a nice long story arc that created tons of inclusive RP.

The DMs deserves some real credit for this!!!

Cheers!
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.