A new Arcane Tower Kudos....

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Gods_Kill_People

A new Arcane Tower Kudos....

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 pm

So, insane crap has been going on a lot recently, especially around Yorn, and finally an old problem came to a head that had to be addressed where for 2 1/2 hours, it looked like there would be no good outcome. Till there was. So my Kudos go out to the following..

Astra Starlock - Literally Yorns biggest support and always right there to help build him up when hes broken or falling apart. Always able to bring back his smile and light his life up.

Jadoth - From the strange elf that seemed obsessed with his freedom, to a brother he has an unhealthy obsession with, Jadoth is one of the very few people that can build him up, or knock him down with all but a glance. Literally love this character.

Angela Amana - Literally the Tower mother and all around supportive authority in the Tower. Always willing to stop what shes doing and try to care for those in need...even if she cannot get five minutes of peace and quiet herself. That woman's a one woman army that really doesn't get the recognition she deserves.

Jacob Swift - If Angela is the mother, he is definitely the father, always willing to take the brunt if issues and try and find a peaceful resolve, even if he himself would rather just Finger of Death the lot and get it over with. Truly an amazing character that draws you in again and again to his story telling.

Thulk - Truly an amazing character who take the worst traits of a half orc, and can turn them into an amazing story. An amazing head warden who plays the hardcore aspects of a leader with dignity and respect for the player behind the character. Definitely someone I want to play further with in their and my characters development, and I eagerly await that time.

Atlantahammy

Re: A new Arcane Tower Kudos....

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:06 am

I'm glad Astra is some kinda support to him, she tries hard.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: A new Arcane Tower Kudos....

Post by triaddraykin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 am

Yorn has been quite the character for the Tower, and a lot of RP has centered around him, and his impactful decisions, whether intentional or not. What strikes me the most is that there's a sense of conviction about him that you wouldn't expect from a lifelong slave, a backbone that supports how he can recover from such a life. He gave in, you have to down there, but he was never broken.

It showed itself the most in this little meeting between Yorn and Thulk... Two of the absolute most stubborn people Angela knows, people that know exactly why they're saying what they are, why they're doing what they do, and damnit if both of you weren't right, while still being divided on how to proceed. It would have been easier to convince mules. You don't know how rare it is to have people completely understand each other, agree with the other's side, and still be at an impasse. Angela mediates a lot of meetings, and none have had me facedesking as much as that one... Which is somehow a good thing. You're both wonderful people to RP with.

Jadoth..... You make me want to make a digital piano wire and strangle your character with my bare hands somehow. Facing away, so the sad elf eyes don't kick in. You have so many odd quirks that drive me nuts in a couple ways, but it adds to a very complex character that few can completely know.

Jacob deserves a whole kudos thread to himself, though you'd never hear him admit it. The most stellar of roleplayers that I am honored to get to work with on a semi-daily basis. He is every bit the reason that the Tower has so much RP around it that it's hard to handle at times. I laid down the framework, and he's built on it admirably, with connections, history, personality, clever solutions, mistakes and tragedies, and just never disappointing when it comes time for his part in the story.

I love you all so much, you are the most wondrous people.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs