dragonshape nerfs

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Withermoore

Re: dragonshape nerfs

Post by Withermoore » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 am

Dr_Hazard89 wrote:
Withermoore wrote:I think all the dragon shapers are old outdated characters whose players should move on.
Stay mad, kid :P

PresidentCthulhu
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PresidentCthulhu » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:13 pm

One thing is clear a change was needed, though I’m not overly fond of everything. Completely removing the DR for one is rather unfair in my point considering this means unless warded every creature now significantly reduce the damage output (and it is supposed to be the new main selling point, the attack potential).

I understand what was the intention of the monk AC removal, but again this was the main strength of the otherwise poor BAB class. Pair that up with the decrease of the unarmed attack progression nerf. Not saying it shouldn’t have been changed but flat out removing both?

Overall I still see that pure druids have no reason to even consider the feat as they get access to more powerful elemental shapes now, so it will still be for multiclassed druids...

Lowering the wis requirement is a great boon though that unlocks a lot of options and so nerfing was inevitable. I just wonder if it was too much in the recent meta. WMs are brought up for a reason by others.

All in all thanks for the developers for trying. I suppose I just want to also mention that be mindful some people just lost previously built characters with this change without redo so being insensitive towards them is not cool.
Your friendly neighborhood eldritch horror

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Lo! This ain’t no Kudos, bruh. ‘Tis a feedback. Knowest thou what I’m sayin? Best at lock it or move it. Aweight? Friiiith, yo’ll!
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Actually it was a kudos to the devs for their hard work in making this possible, please cease your FASCISTIC TENDENCIES of trying to control my kudos threads

HD52

Post by HD52 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm glad that the devs showed control by downgrading it and giving more counter-play without nerfing the druid or monk classes. I do not know a lot about PVP or mechanics, but after both having a "dragonshape monk" on my side and fighting against two, I am very happy for the change. I am sure that number-tweaking will not end here.

I look forward to future decisions made by the team!
Active:
Gone: Innogen, Arabella Herald, Urdin Taggul