Talfeiniir Kudos!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TheOnlyGood

Talfeiniir Kudos!

Post by TheOnlyGood » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:10 pm

I’ve been having a blast playing in the UD. Initially, I heard a lot of positive vibes about it from TINFY on discord, so I thought, why not give it a shot. Of course, they shelved their character hours after meeting mine (completely related, I assume), so I was forced into looking around again, which lead me into the Serenthal fold.

This was my first time ever playing a drow or even a ‘monster’ style characters and I wanted to toss out some kudos to some people who have helped me along.

Maerwen
Hi Mom.
One of the characters sent me her way (thx Staff) and it’s been very enjoyable latching on for the ride. Maerwen is exactly what I’d expect from a well-played matron. Diplomatic and ‘nice!’ So much so that if you forget that true nature underneath the surface, she’ll be quick to remind you what will happen if you cross her and you have no reason to doubt the possibility.

There was no bigger prideful moment in his life than taking the Serenthal name.

I know it’s not easy running a group of ## people (probably even harder with the evilness!) and they do a marvelous job at it. Bravo!

Qaelan
Initially, I had to give a lot of thought to how my character was going to react to an elf. ICly, Maerwen gave some very good insight into why this creature is not an affront to Lolth, so I’ve been rolling with it ever since. I feel like he is Tal’s “best friend” (as much as that means) even though it still kind of sickens him. He’s not in a drow city anymore, so adjustments had to be made.

Still, though, he does wish to murder him and dine on his flesh. But that can wait. Until then, he tries to slowly poke at his buttons.

Rauva
One of my main hunting buddies. Big thanks to them for helping get my character all pacted up. I said, “I need this!” and they were all like, “I got you fam”. They took that and ran quite an amazing display of demonic pacting RP. Couldn’t have asked for a better set up. Thanks!

The character itself is very enjoyable. I quite enjoy the back and forth and the feeling that she’ll eventually remove all of Tal’s flesh. (Just a joke, male, relax.) Looking forward to seeing where these two characters end up!

Felynune
My other hunting buddy! The whole mage + melee makes everything so much quicker.

I enjoy the character a lot. There is certainly something going on under the surface that he can’t quite put a finger on… what really is in those books of yours, dear Felynune?

Vierna
He wants to be you! Lurking in the darkness, ready to drop those crit bombs.
Tal knows he has a lot to learn from you, so there will be plenty of time spent with the two of them training, I’d imagine (what up, qaelan).

Sinnara
I’ve enjoyed our limited interactions though they are few and far between. Hope you get some more time to play again (or just the time zone curse!) as I’d enjoy learning more of the character!

Zaelithra
Often around, but often quiet until she drops some major knowledge/wisdom bombs at you. The quiet ones are always the scariest.

Gwynyvere
Really well-played bard. And I love bards. Need to interact some more!

Qilue
Have enjoyed interacting with her, as limited as the times have been!

Qil'nafae
They already just met and Tal wants to know more. Looking forward to some more discussions!

Staff
Really super cool character and OOC dude. I kind of jumped ship from even getting started with the Court when everyone stopped playing and just assumed you were going to do the same (sorry!) Still, enjoy you being in the mix around the city.

I'm sure I forgot some cool chaps, thanks to everyone else!

GET HYPED

Re: Talfeiniir Kudos!

Post by GET HYPED » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm happy to have given you some direction, and it's nothing personal bruh. I didn't know if I'd make it yet either. Always good to see Talfeiniir as he's an extremely well done paranoid spy type.
Last edited by GET HYPED on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 pm

talfeiniir is the son i never had

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Kudos back at ya! You're playing him in a very realistic way, to me, by being both self-centered and arrogant, yet still vulnerable, shutting it away when you have to.

Also... what use would I have for your flesh, when I have your soul? :D
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 am

Vierna likes Talf. She's got some training to impart soon!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 am

I've heard only wonderful things about Talfeiniir, and I've really enjoyed reading Born to Die. Keep it up!

TheOnlyGood

Post by TheOnlyGood » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Drowble Oh Seven wrote:I've heard only wonderful things about Talfeiniir, and I've really enjoyed reading Born to Die. Keep it up!
Thanks so much! I've been keeping an eye open for Ilivarra on the player list but I think we keep missing each other.

I've been meaning to tell you IG but I really thought your IC post was likewise super-duper amazing. Keep it up!

TheOnlyGood

Post by TheOnlyGood » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 pm

I wanted to give a big thanks to some people again! It would have been easy to roll my character after the rest of the house fell, but I thought I'd stick with it and it's but a lot of fun rolling with things. Having not played in the UD before, I had a desire to expose myself to the RP down there and some of the players I may have missed by only doing the surface and I'm glad I have.

Qil'nafae
Well, a few weeks of RP have come to a head yesterday as things finally hit the fan. It's been fun getting to know the character these past little while, but now with the complications, it'll be an interesting dynamic to play out, certainly.
They are a great player and have created a quite deep character that opened my eyes to some lore that I previous cast aside.
The biggest enemy has been (and usually is) the time zone! Really looking forward to seeing how the stories develop and if the only end is at the end of a sword, or there really is an escape!

Rauva
Rauva gets a second big kudos because they've been a major driving focus behind Tal's character from nearly the beginning. He keeps feeling as though he needs to fall in line behind her even when he doesn't listen.
The absolute perfect counterpart to Qil'nafae—telling him similar things, but with so much different intent and meaning behind it. She's one of the reasons that he feels pulled in so many directions, thus tries to keep trying to show her what he wants her to see.

Ilvarra
I finally went to seek her out, and I'm glad I did. I could sit down for hours (and I have!) and listen to this player convey emotion and body language the way few players I've ever seen can. This is the type of player that just being around makes you want to be a better storyteller and drives you to improve your own style. I really can't give the player enough praise.
The character herself is likewise amazing. Tal is trying his very best to get on her good side (partly because he doesn't want to know what the bad side would look like) and does enjoy watching those gears turn in her head as he drips her all sorts of information.

Ulviirriina
One day, I will remember how to spell her name without looking at my journal!
Tal looks at her like she is a lost [insert puppy-like creature] who has absolutely no hope to amount to anything.
Is it compassion? Or is it like watching a train wreck?
Does he try to give her hope to see her reach for it and miss? Or does he actually want to genuinely help her?
It's a murky dynamic that I've been intentionally trying to create, so I'm glad it's gone through! Just wish we've had more time so far!

Some of the others that I've enjoyed interacting with (though with limited times recently) have been: Avernala, Elise, Vierna, Sinnara, Lucatiel, Peter, and Axe. Keep being awesome, people.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 am

Kudos right back to you! :)
Talfeiniir feels really authentic. I’ve enjoyed every single of our roleplaying sessions and am absolutely excited by the plot we’ve managed to create. Can’t wait to see the results!

Also I’ll be working on the time zone issue! :D
When I’m at home again things should be way better!

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Too bad that recent Happenings™ have decreased the number of RP opportunities Peter could've had with Talfeiniir by a considerable margin. But let's look forward, you never know what may happen!

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Every conversation with Talfeiniir is a joy. It's the little, subtle things that you do so well that make him a pleasure to be around. The accusations of poisoning when he's summoned away, for instance. It's such a delightfully drowish thing to do, and he treads the thin line between confident and prospective rival absolutely beautifully. I'd be quite content to sit there and just read Talf emotes all day.