delirium's shout outs to cool people

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Delirium

delirium's shout outs to cool people

Post by Delirium » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:04 am

Hi, friends. I've been playing Maerwen for about a month now. In that time I've spent a lot of time meeting a lot of cool people, and there are always people I wish I had more time to meet. I'm probably going to forget some names, but chances are that if I role played with you I had a neato time. Being relatively new to the server, all this politics has been a rough ride at times, but there are a lot of people and things that keep me trying to achieve Maerwen's goals and hopefully making fun for everyone involved!

Qaelan, my creature - Lolth wishes to bring all the elven races under her sway, and Maerwen's personal project in achieving that is some of the most delightfully heinous role play I've had. You not only allow me to display Maerwen's brutality without having to rain on anyone elses parade, but the balancing act between keeping her creation under control and avoiding the inevitable day he betrays her is incredibly fun.

Myiryn, the Mistress of the Creator Court - your character was so cool and I wish I had spent more time with her before she was shelved. It's rare that you find someone who can play out insanity in a way that is fun for everyone, and I loved how obviously unhinged she was while still being a lucid and intelligent wizard.

Staff, Myiryn's Concubine - You play the sycophantic vizier pretty well. As Maerwen would say, all wizards are just waiting for the cycle they can dominate everyone around them with arcane might. She's always wondering what Staff is actually up to.

Eliphas Raanan, the Punished Priest - A character I wish I had more interactions with, but alas it wasn't to be. He seemed like a very Machiavellian character with his own goals and desires outside the Court, and that was cool. I hope wherever he is he is being tormented mercilessly by demons of the Abyss.

Carlo Gaspari, the effeminate dogsbody that all drow mistresses deserve. I hope he is being tormented mercilessly by hordes of scantilly clad succubi.

Salacious Sabae Helvirret - You make me envious with the writing in your roleplay and I always find myself striving to better myself in your company. Your character is also one of the coolest drow I've ever met, and it was a distinct relief to find another female drow with fairly similar methods in their House. I hope we get to do great things together.

Rithu, The Spider Squire - I love that while Maerwen and Sabae have their plans and politicking, our immediate subordinates have an entertaining back and forth going on. I hope Rithu learns the Truth.

Nergyi, the king of orogs - What started out as a convenient person to plough through dungeons with turned into some of the most fun roleplay I've had. The most intelligent and well-spoken of all orogs, with an obvious brutal and orcish cunning backed up with a scarily militaristic demeanour. He is perhaps one of the few people Maerwen is afraid of angering, but she can't resist trying to prod him occasionally. He just stares at her and calls her undisciplined.

Kelfein - From when Maerwen first met him and tossed coins at him for being a bwael jaluk, to his rise to an ally that Maerwen would grudgingly almost consider her peer, Kelfein has always been a super cool character and I had looked forward to seeing where he went. Pity you're an emotional vampire. <3

Ra'yil Fer'ann - We've only had brief interactions but I've always wanted to get to know this character better. They seem like they have a lot of cool stuff ahead of them.

Vierna & Sinnara, the mistresses of pain - Where would Maerwen be without her wonderful ladies? Maerwen was so pleased when they decided to join with her, and I'm always looking forward to spending time with you two. The back and forths between Vierna and Sinnara are always fun to watch, as well as the love-hate relationship between Qaelan and Vierna. Keep being dope as heck.

Vieran, the absent alchemist - The first person to become Maerwen's retainer, never to be forgotten. I bet his eyeballs taste delicious. (please come back)

Lucatiel, the forgotten guardian - I knew her by reputation from my previous character, and I was excited to have an opportunity to meet her properly. I wasn't disappointed, and I look forward to seeing where this relationship takes us. Lucatiel is one of the strongest warriors there is and yet she often comes across as somewhat lost and broken in a way that almost makes you feel sorry for her. Another character I look forward to spending more time with.

Gwynyvere Morgenstern, the infernal poet - I love infernalists, and Gwynyvere is a very cool example of one. Maerwen went out of her way to convince Gwynyvere to her side and it has been well worth the effort. She is fun to be around and I love the contrast between Maerwen's disinterest in contracts and promises and Gwynyvere's obsession.

Ephrim Rostaigne, the cadaver - Though most (if not all) of our interactions were through our mutual acquaintance in Kelfein, I always enjoyed them and I've much enjoyed the dialogues between Kelfein, Nergyi, Ephrim, and Maerwen on our quests for experience points.

Dylinrae, the lithe - i know what you did

Erelriia and Gorefang - I enjoyed meeting these two and I look forward to seeing what they get up to.

Qilue, the quick - she is a darling, it's always nice running into her.

Jadiira, the archpriestess - Though our characters are both devoted to Lolth, they have different methods and opinions and I think that's exciting. I suspect there shall be much more role play in the future for these two.

Felynune, the reserved - another wonderfully played wizard, and it's always entertaining to see how excited she gets where books are concerned. Join me or die.

Ravacious Rauva - a decidedly delightful warlock with whom I look forward to performing all manner of atrocities. One simple gift and she rose high in Maerwen's esteem. Watch out for Qaelan he wants to eat you.

Zaelithra, the watchful priestess - you exist

Tenacious Talfeiniir - a cunning warrior with a dark future. I always feel there's more going on behind his eyes than he lets on.

Ilivarra the Huntress - few people show such initiative, you shall know wealth beyond measure

Qilsztra, the Seeress - a well played character who seems to be one of the few who understand the purpose of Qaelan's creation.

Alyarra - i'm glad qaelan finally has a friend

Qil'nafae, Arvanala, Kron - I have enjoyed you all, but have not yet had much opportunity to know you well. I look forward to changing that.

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone, but this post is long overdue. Keep being super, everyone!

Traitor

Re: delirium's shout outs to cool people

Post by Traitor » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:25 am

spiders

TheOnlyGood

Post by TheOnlyGood » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:30 am

It's been a delight getting to know Maerwen and all the people that she's brought under her wing. You (and others) have been so oocly/icly helpful for me in navigating the underdark as a first timer and it is very appreciated! I look forward to more interaction.

Great things are to come for House Serenthal!

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:16 am

I loved Maerwen, she's super super super great. One of my favourite people in the UD currently and ever. Keep at it, you're :100:

ofmeeseandmen

Post by ofmeeseandmen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:38 am

Maer, even though Averna only met her briefly, has already shown a ton of character and leadership ability. Definitely a character to be wary of--for all the right reasons. :D I'm so looking forward to seeing her more in my UD adventures.

Feral One

Post by Feral One » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am

Alyarra may slowly be coming into her own(especially after the fiasco in the Hub) but Maerwen is definitely a blast to be around! Can't wait to see things go farther along!

plz don't hurt me she's breaking down and going batty
Jack Oat wrote: come on out of the closet and i can show you just what i can do with my single-chambered pistol bb ;)
<3
WhereButterfliesGoToDie wrote:Not gonna lie, this is probably the most constructive turn I've seen an Arelith discussion thread take in awhile.

GET HYPED

Post by GET HYPED » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Maerwen is 200% bae.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 am

Maerwen is the man. Metaphorically speaking. Thanks for the warm welcome and the menacing throne! Definitely looking forward to seeing more of what our glorious matron's up to.

WinkinBlinkin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by WinkinBlinkin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm

I have enjoyed your rp so far - not just in person but indirectly as well. I am definitely looking forwards to seeing where it goes next. The Table is all over the place politically and Maerwen is right there in the eye of the storm.

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Maerwen has been rolled.

Building House Serenthal has been a wonderful experience and I feel privileged as the wonderful people I've met along the way have made the journey incredibly fulfilling. This has been my first experience leading a faction on this server and I've learned a lot from the process, and I hope to use the knowledge garnered in future projects.

I'd like to apologise to all my minions left without a mother, but there should be some sense of closure as Maerwen met a violent end in game. I love each and every person I've recruited and I have enjoyed including people and watching their various character concepts flourish.

Special mentions to recent associates Vi, Minuit, Baldulf, Oshe Jourdain, and Perunika. You're all superb.

Traitor

Post by Traitor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:46 pm

mom, ily

flower

Post by flower » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Really? Never got to the point to fight each other with Brizshala.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:02 pm

maerwen was my waifu

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Awww. Maerwen was super scary and I got shivers every time she talked to Oshe.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Yorn found Maerwen a very interesting drow. Will miss seeing her around.

CoastalSurf

Post by CoastalSurf » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:59 pm

First time with faction leadership? Well done! Always enjoyed the visits.

TheOnlyGood

Post by TheOnlyGood » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks for the fun! Maerwen was an amazingly well-played matron who will certainly be missed by myself and many others. All the best on the next one!

Traitor wrote:mom, ily
Lies.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:39 am

reeeee

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 am

<3

Amazing character and faction. It was a blast.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm

R.I.P Serenthal. Was fun!
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Rainbows and Death

Post by Rainbows and Death » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm

<3 you. Your little wizard might miss you, a little. See you around.