Rolling Kudos From The Departed Factotum

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TimeAdept

Rolling Kudos From The Departed Factotum

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:30 am

Just wanted to flash out a few(?) commendations to the RP I've gotten on the server, not just since Pierce became Chancellor, but in general. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, please don't be angry if I forgot you.

-Theoros: Pierce's Buddy Cop Beat Friend and Way Too Serious Coffee Bleeding Stoic. Also the reason Pierce isn't dead at least 95% of the time. Theo brings a special sort of Hoar and religious worship to the server that should definitely be experienced, to the point where when someone gets brought in front of an altar, I know to hush up for the sermon.

-Thazar Ur: Fellow Magic School Dropout For Entirely Different Reasons. Also crafting slave who freed up my RL time every two and a half hours which is itself commendable. Cool character, good insight, not afraid to speak up about stuff but also knows when to hold his cards on things. It can be a tough balance to attain, between going full provocateur and full super sekrit squirrel.

-Nehala: Pierce's Angsty Best Friend And Also Source of Serious Frustration. Possibly the reason Pierce may die in the future. Nehala is angry Hoarran where Theo is stoic Hoarran and Pierce is well natured Hoarran. Stress ridden and doing the best she can with what she has, which isn't always good enough, much to her chagrin, and everyone's around her. Fighting battles both on the inside and outside is wearing.

-Salvador and Carmilla: Some short lived interactions with the Silver Drakes that rubbed Pierce about 13 wrong ways. Still great fun and a great introduction to a lot of people who Pierce would find out are big players around Cordor.

-Long Name Mae Burd Druid: Short interactions punctuated around the time of the Silver Drakes, and Kent's interactions, were great fun! We only crossed paths for a short time before things broke down IC for their own reasons, but I'd look forward to more of any variety.

-Kent DeLocke: A Shortlived political rivalry (and some investigation into machination) that exploded in ways I don't think anyone predicted when Pierce crossed paths with Jadoth and I went "oh yeah this dude can -yoink." Right until I won I was convinced Pierce would be lounging back into a chair enjoying having run for Chancellor, lost, and moved on. Would love to see more of Kent and his machinations, but haven't crossed paths with you again!

-Ingeborg Herzmesser: Amazonian Fusilier! Pierce's only gonne slug customer, and staunch ally. A little too intense for him at times, but otherwise a goodnatured "Just friends"-ship that will continue on into the ages (unfortunately, some some perspectives and views). Pierce is consistently surprised she hasn't gone on a mad slaying spree of everyone she considers her enemy yet. Blut und Grenstehl!

-Snow and Lacroix: A couple of close-to-home Cordorians who, to Pierce, represent the sort of people he might want to try being... with a few internal alterations in the backbone department from time to time. Don't run across them super often, but the effects of their RP can be seen everywhere.

-Jack Suriwielewielrweliwiwlerlrrrrrrrrr and Lily Blake: Love/hate relationship that will almost assuredly get everyone involved in a great deal of trouble one way or the other. I and Pierce don't particularly see any other way it could end, sooner or later. There are distinct personality clashes that, while it allows them to be friends, it also allows small bits of tinder to gather until the flame strikes.

-Elwood Thron and Faeren Something (FrozenSolid): I saw Elwood twice, and never Faeren, and yet your actions were the catalyst for essentially every direction my RP has taken since the server began, in one form or another, all the way to where it's lead in two short months. I picked a good time to show up on the server, and the effects and resonance from the RP that went down every day was palpable. Thank you.

-Peter Black: Best recruit we found, consistently impressive IC and OOC, and Pierce's greatest worry is that he'll end up dead or too much like Theo, seriously the dude walks around like Theo and says "Greetings." now just like him, it's uncanny. Thanks for being around, keep being around, you are a cool dude.

-Caige Ridre and Colt: Fellow merchant duo who went from big mercantile rivals to close associates, working together in the pursuit of gold and good prices and friendly market monopolies. Knows Theo's mithril pains better than anyone because he suffers from them himself. It was a rough two and a half weeks, there, and may it never ever ever happen again.

-Bjorn and Kashani: I see these two around together a lot as well! Kashani the wise, omenous and ominous fortune teller who Pierce still owes a planeswalking trip to, if he's still even wanting to go after Pierce heard about his tragic accident. Bjorn is an outgoing brute of a man whose talents range from mining to monster slaying to bartending and keeping shop. Both are great to be around.

-Jane Doe "Alexandra": A recent whirlwind dropped into Pierce's life - an amnesiac shipwrecked woman who absolutely does not understand what "Chancellor" means or entails. Has, therefore, a much different view of him than people generally do these days. Language barriers are fun!

-Alara, First Knight of Myon: A pleasant first and second meeting that hopefully leads to more! Pierce only saw Myon once under Marlevaur and now has the daunting task of needing to do it again, this time with new government, and him at the head of his own.

-Gorlund Vintergard, Herald of Brog: As above - a great first meeting, and looking forward to more, and speaking with the Thane. After playing a much smaller server for a time, it was strange to come back to Arelith and be called into meetings with entire communities of PCs that I had never seen or heard of but who were greatly important in their own right in their areas of the world, and now I was doing the same, but from Cordor.

-Keya Nutcracker (sp?), Mayor of Bendir Dale: Ditto above, a nice first meeting and hopefully many more.

-Veritas Doplehauserman: Your book is an evil version of Grimoire Weiss and that's cool, so you already get points in my book. Competent, enjoyable, knowledgeable arcane casters are always great fun to be around, and IC and OOC I'm always super interested in any and all history lessons about the server.

-Artemisia: "I made a big mistake." "What did you do?" "I purchased an extremely expensive advertisement for my store." That is the defining moment of that character's existence for me an I don't know if anything will top it tbh, but Pierce still owes her a talk on Planar Mechanics, as well as talks on a few other topics.'

-Khabul, Rhaeg, and "The Wizard": I have never met any of you IC and Pierce hopes he never will. I miss being on a server where villains and ne'er-do-wells have a reputation, and that reputation is respected and driven on the server through actions to where we have, in groups, actively avoided going to entire swathes of the server just because we heard someone may have been there recently. I have a feeling as Chancellor the "Never seeing you" thing will change in short order, and not particularly because Pierce wants it to.

-The Entire Cordor Government Crew, Even If I Already Mentioned You: Keeping Cordor working together even halfway is a lot of help, and definitely overwhelming. A big thank you to every player and character, OOC and IC, who has helped me with the task of running Cordor after it was thrust onto a woefully unprepared Pierce and his player. It means a lot to me, and has gone a long way towards making me feel welcome.
Last edited by TimeAdept on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mohailo

Re: High Kudos From The High Chancellor

Post by Mohailo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:36 am

I want to give alarge Kudos to yourself as well for listening to a young dwarf trying to make politics work between humans and dwarves.

Really liked our meeting even if I might have been rather lost in mind while we had it since I had been awake for 20hrs XD

// Gorudan Vintergard
Psh. I'm just a filthy ranger after all

Ambigue

Post by Ambigue » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 am

Pierce is, in many ways, what Artemisia wished she could be before she dedicated her unhappy life to the cause of Benwick and quietly considers him one of her favorite people.

RP with Pierce is always solid and free-flowing. Good times.

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:26 pm

What a strange man Peirce is, in a good way... he just leaks gemdust that shanna needs, seemingly at all times. it bugs me that its really hard to actually catch him ingame, darn time zones
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Lord Wellby is awesome, enough said.

The Salt Elemental

Post by The Salt Elemental » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:44 am

Awwww thank you!! I love Pierce, Theo and co! You guys are so fun to play with!
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 am

Pierce is love.
Pierce is life.
20 RPR GANG

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:46 pm

More stuffs, some repeats, some new:

Alara Thienfalin: From deeply political to deeply personal, Alara is privileged to see a side of Pierce that few, if any, get to see otherwise. The ongoing development is greatly enjoyable and always worth being up until 4 AM for.

The Radiant Boiz: Vashti, Edgar, Hyskos, Berenor, and all the rest. ''''Fun'''' people to be around that sort of restored my faith in paladins after a lot of years of dealing with really awful paladins 95% of the time. Seeing the different cultures within the Radiant Heart itself and how they deal with the different cultures outside the Heart provides a nice contrast to what might otherwise come off as a sort-of-one-dimensional monolithic organization.

Olivia and Azrael: Faith buds turned faith nemeses, bearers of the thrice cursed words of exile. May her kisses always taste like ash. (Also, please don't kill me.)

Mykthar Silverbeard: We're both in over our heads, I think, and neither one of us is a player at the lanceboard. Good luck! We're going to need it. (Also, please don't kill me.)

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:32 am

Literally everyone tonight, no regrets, let's rock

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 am

TimeAdept wrote:Literally everyone tonight, no regrets, let's rock
Summary of tonight.

I agree. Lets rock!
\

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:06 am

Few more quick updates:

Alastair, Lucien, and the rest of the Draconic Guild: Sometimes things don't work out for ideological reasons, but RP with every member of the guild is always great. It's nice to see magic influenced organizations that don't always centralize out of the Tower, as well, just to spread things out.

Lily Blake: As always, staunch supporter, loyal ally, great friend through thick and thin, no matter what poor decisions Pierce makes in order to do what he feels is best for Cordor. And just clever enough to see through Pierce when he's too upset or annoyed to make the proper ones himself.

Snow: Never gets the peace and quiet she wants, alas, but makes due with what she has.

Ezra and Encarmine Duders: Didn't see much of you except towards the end, and now Pierce likely won't due to his situation. Best of luck!

Alara Thienfalin: RIP :(

Shady People In And Around Cordor: Thank you for being around and constantly giving us something to do and work with in Cordor - it was dreadfully boring at times when no one was around to work with us and keep things exciting outside of the small events we would do from time to time specifically to break things up until someone wanted to mess around with The Man again. Props to them all.

Rhaeg: Meeting people in the flesh is always much different than the stories. Keep it real.

Amadeo Pneuma: Ditto, same for you.

Father Hommet Getrauw: I haven't seen a new person to the server who takes to everything with such a gusto, involving others and making the server a better place in a long time. Hommet, the character and the player are both consistent breaths of fresh air and the server is genuinely better for their presence and I hope the player keeps being awesome.

Everyone In Cordor At All For The Last Three Months: Being Chancellor was really kind of a crash course into the server for me and it was a very fast hard look into the current situation on the server and getting involved with things. It was a very cool opportunity, and also very stressful at times. Nevertheless I'm thankful I had the chance to do it and be involved in that part of RP on the server. Hopefully I made things fun for other people as well - I consider settlement leading to be a lot like DMing, with everyone else's enjoyment and the general feel of the area coming first before yourself. With any luck I accomplished that to some degree with people and kept things interesting.

TimeAdept

Re: Kudos From The Vengeful Factotum

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 am

I rolled Pierce.

If anyone is curious: I got a Normal.

If anyone is doubly curious: I did not roll with the Cordor Treasury, it still exists and is in game.

Thank you to everyone who made my first character on Arelith in 13 years a great one. Thank you to everyone willing to work with some schlub who lucked into Cordor Chancellordom, and thank you for treating me like I'd always been here even though I showed up out of nowhere. Pierce was a play with three acts: Act One - the Merchant, Act Two - The Chancellor, Act Three - The Exile. His story was done some time ago, and I only mustered up the will to roll him just today.

Cool Names In No Particular Order, Thank You For Good Times, Please Don't Be Mad If I Left You Out:

Theo
Alara Thienfalin
Ingeborg
Ceviran
Father Getrauw/Hommet
Ezra Murann + Marlevaur
Elisha Vashti + Valentina + Sybil
Elwood
Arl
Stellen Varg + The Nobody Man
Hyskos
Thazar + Bartok
Jacob Swift
Snow Emil
Lacroix Sudentan
Amana
Patrick
Jadoth
Astra
Yorn/Seel
Nehala
Violet Sand
Khabul
Rhaeg
Ivar Huntelaar
Vadrien Cromis
Peter Black + Eirik Skuring
Vangier Kraull
Alastair Casavir
Lucien
Darius Snowpike
Taelina Blackthorn
Quentin Vale
Ayperi
Mykthar Silverbeard + Liberius
Ronnie
Will Oldfur
Hendrick
Ghestalt Blimth
Ragnar T Stonebeard
Gorudan Vintergard
Sydney Harrow
Alice Scarlett
Afya
Desna Stareyed
Amadeo
Sheng Zhao
Azrael
Olivia
Scarlet and Jasper Highfenn
Kera Nutcracker
Artemisia Bibliothastus(???)
Bjorn
Kashani
Bonzo Rippert
Celestia + Jack Surwiewiel
Lily Blake
Gareth
Shea Webber
Xellree
Cayd Davis
Odok and Otok

Thanks for everything. Onto the next adventure.

Gods_Kill_People

Re: Kudos From The Vengeful Factotum

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:07 am

Loved to hate that man, a great character and a greater antagonist. Thank you for all the fun and looking forward to the next character, hope to see you soon!

Red Ropes

Re: Rolling Kudos From The Departed Factotum

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:12 am

The curse of the normals!
🤡

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:21 am

I enjoyed playing with you and having Lily serve as Pierce's Trade Minister.
I look forward to seeing what you do next!

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:50 am

+ Aligonda
20 RPR GANG