The Rolling Kudos - Mathias Blackmoore

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

The Rolling Kudos - Mathias Blackmoore

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 am

So, Mathias is rolled, though ICly he can still be found among the Vigilant Knights of Minmir, though with that, there are a LARGE number of Kudos to hand out, please bare with me, and if your name ISN'T there, I am sorry and still am grateful to the RP you gave me.

1. DM Always This Late - For the end game rp you provided to help me end his story, thank you very much!.

2. Aurora Blackmoore - His poor loyal wife who is now raising his kids.

3. Angela Amana - A strong figure he spent a very long time sworn to protect and serve. Sad how that ended

4. Jacob Swift - How he joined the Tower and came to have great respect for Jacob I will never forget, it was intense and awesome.

5. Stellen Varg - His once former Commander and Brother in Faith, he held a lot of respect for the man and even in the end, learned a lot from him.

6. Sarina Dragonsong - A woman he tried to protect until he couldn't anymore, a piece of his heart will remain with her forever.

7. Shauna Flanagan - The crap that ended between our characters was memorable, he went to his end still in exile.

8. Illia Reinbach - A secret friend and companion he kept that stayed with him when he was down.

9. Feluka Foxwood - A sister, a friend and companion. So sad to see her ending, but was glad to be there to support her.

10. Ava + Poe - Very close friends and an even cuter couple. Hope your happier now with your new RP.

11. Rannos Sussidian - You took him in when no one else would and gave him a home and hope. Thank you for that. Keep it up!

12. Azrael - His brother, mentor and friend, a guiding light to him in the end.

13. Aeriel, Priestess of Mystra - Thank you for being the very first shining light in Mathias's life and getting him started on the goodly path.

14. Andrianna Dirtytoes and her husband - For providing him a home in Bendir, and lifting the exile when applied.

15. Vivian Le Chaunce + Heinrich - You guys were awesome and I enjoyed the short time I had interacting with you while still trying to figure out Mathias's loyalties.

16. Smoke + The Guild of Necromancy - Another group that Mathias joined for a time during this, you guys were awesome. Seriously.

17. Ryth Ellaniar -His first teacher and mentor outside of Malars teachings, you were a lot of fun, wish they had gotten more time!

18. Korianna - You were the first to really give him a chance outside of Aeriel, fun fact, his first son was named after you both in honor of you "Ryko".

19. Duncan Waynolt - a close brother and friend who wont be forgotten

20. Shanna Waynolt - who he considered a friend till he realized she basically hated him.

21. Jantira - Our awesome bat druid who deserves more.

22. Caige Ridre - The amazing blacksmith who mentored Mathias into the Blacksmithing Master he came to be.

23. Yeto - A very interesting elf that has the great habit of being in the right place at the right time and is amazing to play with!!

24. The other players, DM's, and Devs - Thank you all for being awesome, you created an amazing story with a literal blank slate character. I hope you enjoyed him as much as I did.
Last edited by DarkDreamer on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: The Rolling Kudos - Mathias Blackmoore

Post by triaddraykin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

Mathias... Dear gods, Mathias... What a character. Drove me absolutely up the wall sometimes... But there was always RP to be had. From Binding his burning hands, to working with him as a head warden, it was always interesting. I'll give you this: You gave Angela reason to research one of the tools she intended to use on her next step in her journey. Thank you for Mathias.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:58 am

A shame I didn't get to see him more - Yeto was able to see the fringes of what was going on with Aurora, Jennia and Mathias, and while he found the whole thing strange it was curious.

From the time Mathias tried to murder him and his friends in Fey service, to when Yeto told him that if he stopped being evil he'd get his kids back, always an interesting tale!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Definitely added you to my Kudos there Yeto

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I semi-ditched work when the 'coup' attempt of Cordor happened. Being the Commander with Mathias as the lieutenant was a dizzying experience. One I shall treasure even once Sarina's story is done.

I but wish I was more than one person at times to keep up with everyone and everything. Kudos. But I know you'll be around for more ventures to come!
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Oh yeah for sure, your story isn't over yet, and one of my other chars has their eye on you!

Aurora Silverwolf

Post by Aurora Silverwolf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Mathias. where to begin .. sooo many ups and downs .. as his wife everyday was an adventure.
From when he first came to Cordor, trying to convert Aurora to Malar, then ultimately winning her heart after it was broken and marrying her.

Through it all she followed him through all the ups and downs .. of his journey .. she loyally stuck with him, and even though divorced she still loved him and will miss him.

Gotta give you kudos and thanks for the ups and downs and all the adventure that was the ever changing Mathias, was fun to be a part of it.

Gonna miss him .
Last edited by Aurora Silverwolf on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aurora Silverwolf

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Poor Aurora didn't sign up for half the hell he honestly put her through, even broken in the end, he still loved her though.

Umskiptar

Post by Umskiptar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Man, I really liked Mathias. Good luck on the next one.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Thank you!

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 am

And now, thank you for the Kudos! :)
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:45 am

I remember when Faeren talked the then "Peaceful" Wharftown into holding Mathias down and pressing a Gonne to his skull while they tried to force him to transform into a lycan.

Good times!

:P
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Sad to hear Mathias has been rolled, it would have been great to have had him around for longer, but all good things must come to an end, I suppose. He had quite a history before he came to us, as well.

Thank you for putting so much effort into that sword that he made. It's easily one of Rannos's most treasured items.

I'm glad we got the chance to meet Mathias. It was a pleasure watching you showcase your RP skills, DarkDreamer. Hopefully we'll get another opportunity in the future :D
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Hate is a very strong word, Shanna has only ever hated one person and it wasnt Mathias.
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

Astral

Post by Astral » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:31 pm

*cough* xD

Mathias was the first person Ryth converted to Hoar and gave me the opportunity to play the preacher side of the favoured soul. Thank you for that opportunity. Mathias was a remarkable and dynamic persona who gave me plenty of inspiration.
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Both Kori and Alyara had the pleasure, and it was a pleasure at that.