Irongron and Team

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Irongron and Team

Post by cornelius_4 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:04 am

I feel the need to raise my piety with Irongron and Team *looks about*... and this was the only altar I could find.

I read something along the lines of "less appreaciation the more you make", and indeed I do adjust to the rate of updates. But I wish to say, that the appreciation is definetely there. I almost always check the update thread when I log on, and often when I don't play as well. I'm always exited when I see the update thread has been updated, doesn't matter that I don't know what it is yet.

I tend to keep that to myself though and maybe a friend of mine when I tell him whats happening as we are about to play. Mostly I use the forums for bug reports and the occasional question/suggestion. Anyway, please allow me a "thank you and have a good day" to you.

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Irongron and Team

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:28 am

This so much.

Someone running an nwn2 server asked me the other day, why I enjoyed playing on Arelith so much. I was a bit at a loss on what to say, to be honest. It's a mixture of all the things found here, but ultimately, I think it comes down to the fact that it is an extremely dynamic environment. Things are always changing, updates are rolling in and out, and the server you have today is vastly different than the one we had a year ago. It feels like a proper mmo with proper updates, but with an actual RP baseline, something extremely difficult to pull off in a standard online game when you have loverboy69 running around smacking goblins.

Keep up the good work, in your own pace. The staff team is a very large part of what makes Arelith great. Kudos!
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Xylou

Post by Xylou » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 am

I got the exact same feeling as cornelius_4 ; I'm pretty happy every time I see an update and eager to read about it, even if I don't play a lot (got to defeat my most epic foe : the language barrier).

Not much to say then "thank you for all the work on Arelith"

nobs3
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by nobs3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:17 pm

! We can't paise the staff too much!

Invader_Nym

Post by Invader_Nym » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Karris the Anarchist wrote:This so much.

Someone running an nwn2 server asked me the other day, why I enjoyed playing on Arelith so much. I was a bit at a loss on what to say, to be honest. It's a mixture of all the things found here, but ultimately, I think it comes down to the fact that it is an extremely dynamic environment. Things are always changing, updates are rolling in and out, and the server you have today is vastly different than the one we had a year ago. It feels like a proper mmo with proper updates, but with an actual RP baseline, something extremely difficult to pull off in a standard online game when you have loverboy69 running around smacking goblins.

Keep up the good work, in your own pace. The staff team is a very large part of what makes Arelith great. Kudos!
You know it's easy to take Arelith for granted, because it's always been there, but the reason it's always been there is because there's always been an awesome staff working hard behind the scenes. The fact that it's a dynamic environment, and that the staff is always finding new ways to keep improving things, is pretty remarkable.

3d6InOrder

Post by 3d6InOrder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:57 pm

I couldn't agree more with all that's been said above. The team have not only carefully crafted a beautiful world and playing experience over the best part of 15 years, they've nurtured a wonderful community. And they do it all for free.

Thank you!