Farewell to Talon Snowberry

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Farewell to Talon Snowberry

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 pm

I should have posted this sooner but a few days ago I rolled Talon Snowberry. He was a fun character with many fun adventures and I will miss him very much, but everything must end eventually. I will likely make a story for him in the other threads but for a long story short, his last actions were a lot of meddling in the shadow plane, studying it's affects on the material and learning how to manipulate it for his shadowdancer abilities. In performing these dark arts he soon found himself slowly becoming consumed with it. Paler skin color, eye color changing, he loathed sunlight of the material plane until finally, poof. He became consumed entirely and became one with the shadows. Much like the people of Netheril (if memory of their story is right, correct me if I'm wrong).

Good bye Talon Snowberry. May your life in the shadows be as eventful as it was in the Material

<3

Rikkulesca

Re: Farewell to Talon Snowberry

Post by Rikkulesca » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Talon will always have a special place in Akira's heart. She'll miss him dearly :(
"Memories are nice, but that's all they are."

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 am

Talon was one of the funniest characters I've seen around and had the pleasure of interacting.
Kudos to your kudos threads to yourself (x3 now) :D

pigman

Post by pigman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:09 am

Karlos didnt stay on the material plane long enough to truly get to know talon, but every interaction was worth remembering. From being hired to exact revenge on an irritating bard to nearly killing talon's wife while bestowing a "blessing" from talos

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:47 am

R I P SUCH A LEGACY

Hatsune Miku

Post by Hatsune Miku » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:08 pm

In the shadow of a curtain, there lies the fate of those who carry the blade.

A small regret I had was that I didn't keep Serril around long enough to see Talon grow and accustom to his shadowy beginnings, where maybe I should have. Those little moments of intrigue and meeting were fun nonetheless.

TalonTheHalfDrow
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by TalonTheHalfDrow » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:07 am

Talon was my very first D&D character ever. He's been in two campaigns before I came to NWN and by proxy, Arelith. Though in those incarnations he was a Half Drow, he was none the less fun as a Half Elf. I tried to play him the same regardless; a charismatic, satirical, snippy, fun loving assassin with a strong sense of loyalty to those who helped him but a very morbid and dark view of life and how easily it is taken away. Starting out, I told myself I'd never roll him, but over the months and during my hiatus, I saw people I used to rp with disappear and for awhile I rolled with it, but we all hit that proverbial wall where we just can't think of anything else for the character to do or our attention is drawn elsewhere. For me, my attention was drawn to Thraz, the kobold Tiamatian Bishop of the former sventari and now Khuzhe Deftpaw.

Thank you everyone for the love and support. I hope to have many more rp's with you all in the future, be it friendly or not (pvp, wars, you know that kind of stuff XD).

@Hatsune Miku: You were one of the first friends Talon made on the island and who got his career started with assassinations. Throughout his entire life, he owed everything he knew to Serril and missed her dearly, even after he married Anju, he still valued and thought fondly of Serril. His teacher and shadow partner always <3

@Rikkulesca: I know these two had their ups and downs. Fights and comforting moments. But as a person, I always valued your friendship and rp. I regret not being able to spend more time with Akira, but I hope we can maybe fix that some day with other characters some how.

@Susitsu: Forgive me, it's been a long time. I think you were Amphra?? I'm terrible with some memory XD but I do remember Susitsu, I hope we can make more memorable rp in the future. I always like meeting new characters and making new story <3

@pigman: I will never forget that indirect assassination "contract" lmao! So many "accidents" happened between Karlos and Talon that make me laugh to this day!

@Diegovog: Talon will never meet someone in the shadows with a fancier or more dashing mustache than Gyr!