For King and Kingdom!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

For King and Kingdom!

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:30 pm

I didn't think I would have this much fun playing an extremist. Even less so that she was a Cordoria-n. I had a great time building on what previous priests and knights had created (even though I picked Waukeen. Sue me! You can all change the altars back to the Red Knight as mechanical substitute...I still think it should be a mix of both).

Kudos:

[Most Influential]

Vincent Arlemeyer: The two of them were always butting heads on theology and tactics (and heavens knows he will be disappointed in her now) but she always looked up to him and it was a pleasure to be able to take over from you.

Amadeo Pnuema: Just when it seems like they agree on something, they swing back to opposite ends. I loved the relationship the two of them had. It was always fun to be able to have an Amadeo in your pocket, just in case. <3! Amadeo will forever be on of my favourite characters.

Eric Lugger: Lugger is one of the few people that she just naturally got along with and I think he knows her the best out of anyone. He will always be her favourite of all favourites. I love this character a lot! He is a rare type of Helmite.

Arl: Agh, I love this mean elf. They got along on their shared distaste of stupidity and love of brutality. They were like two peas in a pod. He is just too much fun with his few words and his angry stares. <3!

Azar Anskuld: Ah, he was such a darling. The irony of their last talk and her end is painfully apparent now. He allowed her to revel in her patriotism and have a little down time. To me, he was an absolute cutie. I adore this character.

Kyle Eldafire: If this was another timeline, the two of them surely would have ended up together. They are, hands down, the most persistently annoying, righteous pair that ever walked the Toril. I am really glad that they finally managed to stop locking horns in the end and get along.

Valentina Ortega: This character was instrumental in pushing Arael into the Cordorian she grew into later. Without Ortega, there wouldn't have been a magistrate! I always felt bad that our time zones didn't allow them to have more scenes together.

Sarina Dragonsong: The hated foe! Arael sort of fell into this story and it stretched so much farther than I was ever expecting. It was great fun. Thank you.

Casimir de Lanza: Arael's first ever favourite. Casimir was a perfect Chancellor and got her into so much more politics than I ever planned for. <3! He is such a fantastic character.

Jadoth and Buppi: Arael tried so hard with these two her first year in and no matter how much she tried, it never helped. It taught her the very important lesson that you can only help those that want help. This never ending trial was great fun and I loved to see all the ways they pushed Arael's story along. *Hug!*

Obren: Her first ever supporter! I am sad to say that they never got a lot of time together but what they did get helped establish her as a (sort of) do-gooder. I'm glad to see that some of their efforts actually worked out! I miss playing with you!

Funmakers:
Elwood Thron
Snow Emil
Aerin Korthalo
Justian Fearshald
Erasmus Bishopthence
Tanith
Alyssia Steles
Gareth
Barik Aoton
Elona Eldafire
Yeto
Stellen Varg
Shanna Waynolt
Kent DeLocke
Faeren Reihlin
Ingeborg Herzmesser
Sebastion del Solis
Ulg
Rhaeg
Azreal
Guardian Noirin
Aracvius Ryde
Celestia
Erin Caselle
Anden Smith
Ceviran
Ward Gallostone
Jacob Swift
Kerrah Naethandriel
Shauna Flanagan
((I know I am missing people D : Sorry *Hugs anyway*))

Super kudos to the staff! I had a tremendous amount of support on this character that really made Cordor feel like the the center of the universe. <3! Thank you for all the hard work.

Extra special kudos to all the history helpers. The various perspectives put an entirely different spin on a city I thought I knew. I had TONS of fun hunting it all down. Thank you.

<3!
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

FrozenSolid

Re: For King and Kingdom!

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Arael has been a lot of fun. I hope she's sticking around!

I really liked Arael's hard core attitude. I still remember when Fae first met Arael, I do literally have that receipt in her back pack from that Cow. I think we spent like 15 IRL minutes sitting in the bank waiting while Arael scowled and glared at Faeren for "Stealing" that cow. I don't know why, but that stuck out to me and was real fun.

There's a lot of other great character qualities, and you could always count on Arael to be a loyal Cordorian no matter what.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Echohawk

Post by Echohawk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Another character that took Sarina down a much more decisive path, it's been a fun little tussle here and there!

Arael still manages to affect characters even with her final breath and I've no doubt the effects of this will be echoing for some time.

Lady Cordoria mourns this day. Can't wait to see what you do next!
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:13 pm

*cries*

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Elona loves Arael, even in their short interactions, Arael is the true spirit of what a Magistrate is. Love her style of play.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Whai- Wh... what? Wait? But only - Bliming heck!

Arael was a wonderful character, I'm so sad to see her go, though not as sad as Azar is/will be when he learns. Fantastic time roleplaying with you as usual, I can't wait to see what you'll make next!

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:07 pm

goodnight sweet princess
20 RPR GANG

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 pm

I am so so glad that I got to meet Arael, something I'd been wanting to do ever since reading your first Hunting for History entry. Wish RL had allowed for more!
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 pm

Huzzah Buppi won't be hanged!

Arael was such a strange character to interact with. Both caring and awkward, not to mention confusing and secretive. But she cared about her faith and the city.

#AnotherShyCharacterRolled

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 am

Like, I seriously haven't been this sad about a character dying since Little Weasel killed off Trynn's sister.

Arael was awesome in so many ways. She was that die hard patriot that made you want to be a patriot too. Even before Kyle opened up to Cordoria, he strived to be someone this lady approved of, even if he didn't realize it at the time. They had so much in common it was eerie. If they hadn't been so estranged early on, he would have definitely fallen for her. I'm glad they got a chance to finally be friends, but....just owch...to watch her roll right in front of me while we stood in fugue together...if kyle didn't have a baby on the way, might have rolled him too.

You win this time, EO. You got me real good.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

dragonlad43

Post by dragonlad43 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 am

I am very glad that I got to interact with Arael and I am thankful that her and Gareth got along. I was looking forward to lots more adventures with Arael. She was one of the best characters I have seen on this Server. She was very passionate and had deep love for her faith and city. She will be sorely missed! Thanks for the fun times and amazing RP!

Adrian Devereux - Active
Robert Drake - Alt
Korlic Bungir - Rolled
Gareth - Rolled

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:12 am

Arael was awesome, and I consider it a great shame I never got the chance to interact with her outside of government work and now never will.

:(

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:52 am

Major kudos to Emotionaloverload!
Fantastic person, incredible and very impactful character. Eric has changed in ways he wasn't supposed to, because of their interactions. And you managed to give me so much on the history of Arelith and Cordor that I just wanted more and more! I guess it's always a great sign when you have to let go of a character that people would never want to say goodbye to.

I'm so sad to see her go because Eric truly felt like they could make so many great things for Cordor. And JUST when he had so much expectation out of everything she told him! Aahhhh! :)

Thank you for the rp, it was a great experience and I learned a lot from you. We are lucky to have you. Looking forward to seeing what you bring up to the table next!

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 am

Yeto didn't know Arael too well, but he respected her greatly - if nothing else but that she was also a healer. It is a shame they didn't get to interact more, but as a Cordorian he actually had a lot more respect for her and her patriotism that I thought he would, since Cordor is that chaotic place that is really not safe for wandering elves.

For the little RP we had, thank you - t'was fun~
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Commissar

Post by Commissar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 am

We didn't interact directly, but Verity certainly felt the touch of Arael's all-pervading influence. Thanks for adding a wonderful bit of flavor to Cordor, even for those of us who didn't have the fortune to run into her!
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

Waddles
Location: Somewhere west of the prime meridian. Or east if you enjoy the scenic route.

Post by Waddles » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

#AnotherShyCharacterRolled

For those of you trying to be strong during this, oddly often, terrible time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVT_mvvZLo

Catchup

Post by Catchup » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 pm

*Standing Clap*

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 pm

God, thankyou for that, Waddles

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

flower

Post by flower » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Hm that priest to whom Eric kept running off to :D

Lady of Memes

Post by Lady of Memes » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:27 am

Rip

You will be missed.

Someone name the flagship, The Laceflower

"In the words of someone wise, it's sad to make passive aggressive complaints on kudos forums."

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 am

Sad to hear Arael is gone. Another one in a line of great characters you have brought to life over the years. Looking forward to your next character (already spotted Jane IG). :)

Rogaku

Post by Rogaku » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 am

I have to admit I missed a chance to have Lacroix learn more about Cordoria from her but such is the nature of life.
Major Characters:
Lacroix Sudentan (Deceased) , Rory Tate (Retired), Harcourt Fentyon: (Deceased) , Rachielle Du Vernais (Deceased) . Aloysious Valoheim (Retired), Troius Meridio (Deceased), Earnhardt Creid (Deceased)