Kudos to everything and everybody in Arelith!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Petrifictus

Kudos to everything and everybody in Arelith!

Post by Petrifictus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 pm

About a month ago I had little nostalgic conversation with my little brother about the great times of NWN netroleplaying. It was he who told me about there was one heavy RP-server left known as Arelith, which many roleplayers supported and played. The last time I had netroleplayed in NWN was about 10 years ago when I played in "Nordock Genesis" which was similar server with rich world with interesting player characters and DM events.

Now after a month of netroleplaying as gnome "Wotan Woodberry" (Forest Gnome watch over & protect him!) I have to say I was not disappointed, in fact I'm having a blast here! I never expected to end up so quickly into middle of great adventures and events like fighting the scum and villany in the Infernal Prison with the Oakenhearts and figuring out the Nature's dream with Ivory, helping out Pinkie to buy the Nomad and getting into trouble with Banenite Zeek!
All this in one month! It's no wonder I keep logging back for more! :lol:

I wish to raise a toast to everything and everybody in Arelith! In the name of Baervan, the Forest Gnome, I pray you to to live long and prosper!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Artenides

Re: Kudos to everything and everybody in Arelith!

Post by Artenides » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 am

Wotan is an interesting character around and although we had only a little interaction with each other, I always enjoyed overhearing your conversation with others!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Arelith rocks!

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Welcome! Remember not to feed the Devs.
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 pm

Did you thank your little brother? lol. Seen your character around a few times off in the distance, but have yet to interact. Welcome to Arelith :)

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:08 am

Tryn Dralar wrote:Did you thank your little brother? lol. Seen your character around a few times off in the distance, but have yet to interact. Welcome to Arelith :)
Of course I gave my thanks to my little brother in a form of delicious pizza and in fact we have already had some adventures together in Arelith. :)

Kudos to all characters which Wotan Woodberry has interacted with:
Triah Tane, the "big sister" who has kept the Oakenhearts together since the beginning.
Friedriech Oaktree, the Commander of the Oakenhearts.
Kent DeLocke
Elros
Shanna Waynolt, I remember how kindly she eased Wotan's nightmares after the trip to Baator.
Milla Urdnt, a good friend and the first person who showed the wonders of Myon to Wotan.
Ivory Bushdigger, though our meetings have been few, they've been long remembered fondly. I'm eager for our next road trip in shadows.
Bonzo Rippert & his sidekick Jim, the world needs more of their gruff natured spirits.
Smith
Mr.Turnip
Terto Tarquin, always love to see his gnome pride.
Mayor Lissa
Jaulin, the first wild mage I've met, keeping Wotan on his toes when some magic happens.
Quincy, one of Wotan's earliest road trip companions since he sailed to Arelith.
Pinkie Popkins, love your little bard's cheerfully catchy happy nature, the Forest Gnome damn any scum and villain who dares to even harm a single hair of her sweet head!
Elmaa, the world needs more Half-Orc women like her.
Oroku
EDIT:
Fibbs and his Shadow
Urda, the deep gnome who introduced the Great Grotto to Wotan as he had never visited there.

And kudos to the rest of you! (I'm sorry if I forgot somebody from the list, there's so many names to keep in mind.)
Last edited by Petrifictus on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 am

Wotan is great and well played toon, a character that is meant to tie all the different stories into one unexpected. As for player i cant wait to throw him in as much trouble as possible hihi.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Ironfoot wrote:Wotan is great and well played toon, a character that is meant to tie all the different stories into one unexpected. As for player i cant wait to throw him in as much trouble as possible hihi.
Thank you. And I cant wait to face those troubles as the past ones have already shaped him. :)

He first started as very naive and innocent regular gnome during his early adventures, seeing the world like some fairy tale until his past experiences today have forced him to harden and grow up from his little world, but his faith to Baervan and to his friends & allies keeps him strong.
He's still little silly and foolish time to time but now he has "seen some shit." :shock:

PleasantSolitude

Post by PleasantSolitude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Petrifictus wrote:The last time I had netroleplayed in NWN was about 10 years ago when I played in "Nordock Genesis" which was similar server with rich world with interesting player characters and DM events.
Sorry for derailing this but I also played there ten years ago. My first netroleplaying experience and I remember having a blast. Not comparable to the recent weeks on wonderful Arelith but still nostalgia.
Mind if I ask what characters you played etc? ^^

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 pm

PleasantSolitude wrote:
Petrifictus wrote:The last time I had netroleplayed in NWN was about 10 years ago when I played in "Nordock Genesis" which was similar server with rich world with interesting player characters and DM events.
Sorry for derailing this but I also played there ten years ago. My first netroleplaying experience and I remember having a blast. Not comparable to the recent weeks on wonderful Arelith but still nostalgia.
Mind if I ask what characters you played etc? ^^
Half-orc pirate "Captain" Morgan Scythe (rogue/bard). if I remember right. Playing his mouth, telling sea stories, challenging other rapier users to the duels. Not lovely like Wotan but was fun to play, even if I was not a good roleplayer like I am now back then.

Bran Bree

Post by Bran Bree » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:49 pm

Ironfoot wrote:Wotan is great and well played toon, a character that is meant to tie all the different stories into one unexpected.
Definitely, definitely this ^

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:13 am

Both Elina and Drafer have much fun with Wotan - albeit from very different perspectives - really is fun to RP up against :-)

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Bran Bree wrote:
Ironfoot wrote:Wotan is great and well played toon, a character that is meant to tie all the different stories into one unexpected.
Definitely, definitely this ^
Wotan Woodberry, the ranger & servant of the Forest Gnome (Baervan), the former Captain of the Oakenhearts, the Defender of Crags, the Hero of Bendir, the Veteran of the Illusion War and the Leader of the Gnomes/Grotto in the Earthkin Alliance

6 months of Wotan, 6 months full of epic tales and bonds of friendships long to be remembered.

Wotan began his journey as innocent carefree gnome, who was naive, silly and a fool time to time.
When he first joined the Illusion War, he turned coward who always worried about everything which turned him a great hero as he always wanted to provide everybody a happy ending.
Near the end of the war he matured, hardened and had more faith to himself.

He has walked a long road trip with adventures I could have never imagined.
The best character I've ever played in NWN.
He would have never walked this far without you players and DMs.
Long live Arelith. May your time in EE be merry and full of glory, I will be around there as well!

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:33 pm

goblinhero wrote:Both Elina and Drafer have much fun with Wotan - albeit from very different perspectives - really is fun to RP up against :-)
And I've much fun rp with both Drafer & Elina. Hopefully our characters will cross paths again.
Pity I dont have sweet Drafer in the real life. Would love to get free tasty pies time to time like in the game. :)