Ryld's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Miskol
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Ryld's Kudos

Post by Miskol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Ryld was my first devoted underdark character and his story would not have gone half as well as it did without the help of the some very special people who made the experience extremely enjoyable. I would like to take a moment to say thanks to everyone who interacted and helped Ryld along the way, whether it was guiding me through lore, or through RP interactions. I apologize in advance if I miss anyone, and I will continue to edit this post as more people come up in mind.
House Xal'rae
Malixtra Xal'rae - Never was there a drow Ryld was more afraid of in all of Andunor than Malixtra. Her demeanor and cruelty adds a brilliant layer of writing that sends chills down Ryld's back. While our interactions were few and far between, Ryld often had to choose his words extremely carefully around Malixtra, and every command and action kept me on the edge of my seat. A highly enjoyable and well written character, that I sincerely enjoyed playing with.

Erelyne Xal'rae - You reap what you sow. Earlier in Ryld's development, he was often kept at an arm's length by most parties and was generally ignored. If it wasn't for Erelyne's interest in Ryld's development, and keeping him in RP, I may very well have shelved or rolled him long ago. A small act of kindness can develop into a lifetime of undying loyalty. It was definitely a blast accompanying Erelyne to her various meetings as well as watching her interact with other characters. Often I would find myself smiling or laughing at whats happening on screen and playing Ryld just wouldn't be the same without Erelyne.

Valdrin Xal'rae - Brother, you were gone too soon. I thoroughly enjoyed loved interacting with the gong show that is called Valdrin. You kept me from falling asleep in all the long meetings and rituals and was one of the few individuals Ryld cared for. A great player and I hope our paths cross again in the future.

Alyara Xal'rae - Never did I expect us to be on the same side, but yet here we are! Alyara and Ryld had a rocky initial meeting and that continued over time. Yet I admire that Alyara for her courage to openly taunt and insult Ryld time and time again. (you go, girl!) The frustration that results from interacting with Alyara is a joy on its own with your carefully written tirades against Ryld. Another well written character on your part, Enigmatic - and may we meet again in the future.

Azária Xal'rae - If anyone else boops Ryld, they would be a little more than a grease stain left on the ground. While I regret not getting to interact with you more, every interaction was interesting and fun! Perhaps one day, Ryld can finally take Azária out to explore the natural world.

Xr'iss Xal'rae - One of those characters that Ryld would not have survived without. If it wasn't for Xr'iss encouraging Ryld to seek further heights and dragging him out to train, I highly doubt Ryld would have even made it past level 10. Always finding new ways for Ryld to get stronger and be more interwoven with RP, I very much appreciate your effort in aiding Ryld. Xr'iss is that trusty brother Ryld always knows he can lean on for support!

Kren'fryn Xal'rae - Truly deserving of the title of Warlord. This guy can act the part and take action when necessary. Ryld not only looked up to Kren's martial prowess but also well respected his discipline and calm in the face of danger. A pleasure to interact with you.
Other Drow
Aunilarra - Probably the one drow that caused Ryld the most headache in trying to predict what her plans and schemes are, this character is beautifully well written. Though our characters mostly interacted in an indirect manner, every emote and small gesture was well noted and I also thoroughly enjoyed our little philosophical talk towards the end.

Ami'anthrade - Ryld really sat on the fence with this one. He wanted to join you, but he didn't want to be tied down either. Again, while our interactions were few and far between, each one was entertaining in it's own way!

Eleon - One of the few drow that Ryld could feel at ease interacting with. With politics and strife we never got to build up on interaction, but Ryld will always how he managed to get away with threatening a matron in her own house.

Rauvlin - If only you had reached Ryld sooner, he may very well have been more inclined to help the Barriths. There were many points that Ryld and Rauvlin agreed on, and generally their discussions made dark subjects enjoyable.

Xulric - Hi butler, I'm the gardener. There was more than meets the eye for this drow, though Ryld never really did figure out what exactly it was. Giving the slaves cookies during meetings provided a great laugh for an otherwise boring meeting and will be a scene that will be remembered!

Brizshala - A drowess whom I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with. It's a shame through a mixture of different company and bad timing that we were unable to continue our conversation due to expectations.

That one drow male from the beginning - We only had one interaction way at the beginning of Ryld's story, so forgive me if I don't remember your character's name. But that one talk about the weakness of the house system of Andunor opened Ryld's mind and eyes and guided much of his development as well as his views and interactions with other drows further down the line. Ryld would simply not be the same drow today if it wasn't for that talk.
The Sharps District
Sarina Dragonsong - Where to start with this one? Ryld never really did understand, in his infinite wisdom, why Sarina kept following him around. Our interaction was at times strange but always enjoyable. It's a shame our time is cut short and hopefully in the future we can meet once again either as Ryld and Sarina or on different characters!

Vail Dracht - The only person that walked around with an extraplanar who Ryld didnt want to kill on sight. The way Vail reacts to Ryld's advances provides a great laugh on my end, and hopefully you enjoyed our interactions as much as I did.
The Surfacers
Jantira Kai'luran - Talking with the Archdruid of Heartwood grove about the state of nature of the isle in general provided a great respite to dealing with politics and conflict in the underdark.

Laura Sinclair - While our characters only met twice (three times if I'm metagaming), each was very much enjoyable, ranging from calm talk and negotiation to torture. Your ability to adapt to different RP situations is impeccable, and its a pleasure each and every time.
The Slaves
Arawynn Silvertree - Ryld's ever loyal slave. From the beginning to the end, through victories and defeats, dangers and safety, Arawynn always stuck by her master's side. The entire journey was taken with you, and without the company of his slave, Ryld would not have fared half as well. Always willing to take on any mission Ryld sent her on, Arawynn was truly an extension of Ryld's will, and the best slave a master could kidnap. It's always a blast to play with your characters, and hopefully there is still more to come!

Oscar Flamecrest - Our time was short, but Ryld's appreciation for Oscar still remains. Very much a figure of discipline, Oscar remains a exemplary bodyguard slave.

Mana - Originally caught as an eventual gift to Erelyne, Ryld had high hopes for Mana. And while there were moments of disappointment, she gradually began to develop into a fine slave. Each line and emote from the character was finely crafted and a pleasure to respond to.
By Request
Nyilan - Even though Ryld and Nyilan never met, here you go.
susitsu wrote:I'm surprised Nyilan didn't make the list.

:^)
Last edited by Miskol on Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirtyDeity

Re: Ryld's Kudos

Post by DirtyDeity » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Never forget the Xal'rae dragon-pup powerhouse. :)

Was very laid back and unassuming, but you just knew that if you pissed off Xal'rae enough, he'd pay you a visit and bite your head off.

Thank you, my friend. A shame we didn't have time to do more together.

Echohawk

Post by Echohawk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

It's a dragon, but not a dragon... MRRRGH. *another reason to drink*
I got to tick off one of Sarina's life goals with Ryld.
As always I enjoy each incarnation of yours. Wonderful having the chance to play with you again. :3
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm surprised Nyilan didn't make the list.

:^)

But really, little to your knowledge you actually interacted with my imp long ago and of course, a small bit of conversation between he and Amra. I really rather enjoyed your take on the power aspect of an NE Drow Druid, especially in regards to things like the creation of potions.

It's always been the little things that make a character for me, and that was something worth noting.

It was a pleasure, whichever characters and accounts I stalked you on.

And yes, there's more I'm leaving out.
Last edited by susitsu on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:17 am

Na na na na na na na na... BAT DROW!!!

... Did you not notice the point where the insults became banter? Aly always had a grudging respect for that pain in the backside. Just for having the courage to play the game when he could say "You know what? To hell with the system."

"You're not a bat. You're not a dragon. You're just another drow."
Well, the first 2 were true... :p

And yes, she totally would've hit that. Then she got better.

ChaoticCuriosity

Post by ChaoticCuriosity » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 am

*cue the lord of the Sith intro-music*

Ryld always made for some refreshing interactions so thanks for playing him! As well as being the person to immortalize Malixtra's status as a true Drow Sith~.
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

Aurora Silverwolf

Post by Aurora Silverwolf » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 am

Have to say it was a learning experience playing alongside such a wonderful RPer :) Ryld truely was the ultimate Drow *chuckling*

Frint the first he kidnapped and broke poor Arawynn the interactions have been great. Arawynn was loyal to him to a fault perhaps her one weakness .. she would do whatever her master commanded of her without question.

Want to thank you for the fun and opportunity to play her with you .. it was truely alot of fun and Arawynn will greatly miss Having Ryld around her to tell her what to do. :)

To the player .. Kudos and thanks for such a rich and immersed RP. I truely look forward to more with you in the future.
Aurora Silverwolf