Valen's farewell

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Valen's farewell

Post by Skeletor » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:17 am

Didn't have the time to post earlier, but here it is!

Valen's left Andunor for his final Talassan ritual, to unleash the storm as his lord wills it, until he is either the last standing, or is brought down by his victims.

Honest Kudos to everyone who interacted with him! This character's been really out of my comfort zone, with greeting every stranger in the hub and trying to help them with their plots, contacts, items, or general directions!

I have RL issues interacting with people i don't know, and a mild fear of strangers in general. While some of my past characters have been flamboyant (Azur and Leela on my alt Account Roketter) it was always under the armor of belonging to a strong faction, so people where introduced to me by me guildmates, there was never any ice to break.

Valen had nothing, he was the ultimate exile, a worshiper of the storms sent underground by his fellow priests, had nothing in common with anyone, and worst of all was just a puny human. I must say his first levels where a crawl, since i didn't really feel like talking to anyone and drow in general always intimidated me for some reason.

So one day i was sticking to my corner and tought "Well that's not how it's going to be. I'm going to go talk to the first person i meet and get ALL into their business". That's how i met the Doorbane tribe, who after a very successful session named me their "Doormaster". And after that i tought "Well, i'm going to get to know EVERYONe just like i did these guys". After that he never stopped greeting everyone in the hub, trying to know them better, preaching Talos' word even if no one would really convert to it. I made the most unlikely friends, even which people who would have been ordinarily hostile to a Talasan.

So i'ts been a blast!

Special Kudos to:

The entire Doorbane crew! You are awsome guys, and you basically made Valen!
THe Obogooboos; Spetz, Gritz, Glurglurg, Ris'mu and all others i'm missing!
THe drow! Eleon (My first employer) & daughters, Malixtra and her daughters as well, Vichtara, Driz, and everyone else! I finally understand what drow are all about!
THe humans! Blackhavens, Garix and Natasha! Amraphensbane. Wade and Croaker! Jason Duranga and his Hanged god!

Amadeo Pneuma! For a villain, Valen acted almost as an Ilmateri priest on his own town. It was nice to have at least one big rival, even if short-lived!

And kudos to everyone else i'm forgetting! You made playing Valen a blast!

Blood on my Lips

Re: Valen's farewell

Post by Blood on my Lips » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm going to miss Valen. He was the best tour guide and was always willing to take people adventuring with him.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Despite what you consider issues, you were an incredibly inclusive player while remaining entirely outside of any faction. This is something I consider very important and a lot of the times, lacking on Arelith. You put in an effort to make roleplay wherever you went and interact with everyone.

Even if this was just a facing your fears thing, you did an amazing job. Valen was rad. Tony loved the guy. Amra is an emotionally lacking freak, so I can't say the same, but he liked Valen 'enough.'

R I P Valen

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by kittenblackfriends » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:37 pm

I wanted to RP with Valen, but I never ran into him >.<
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

The Patriarchy

Post by The Patriarchy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:15 am

Valen was a lad. I am sorry I didn't have time to interact with him on Arakh!
I love elven communism.

Meme Lord

Post by Meme Lord » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:40 am

My only disappointment with Valen is that I didn't spend enough time with him. Oh well, maybe in another life!

laura99

Post by laura99 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Valen will be well missed indeed - such fun to travel with and incredibly accommodating. Best of luck!

Phoxly

Post by Phoxly » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Sorry we kind of faded away without getting to say bye to you, Valen. Doorbanes might make an EE comeback. You were one of the biggest highlights of our time on Arelith.

-Yam

Greklol

Post by Greklol » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:42 pm

Valen, it was an honor!

-Dram and Gol'dram Doorbane