Thanks to those that have recently donated!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Thanks to those that have recently donated!

Post by Irongron » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:29 pm

I must admit I was really putting off setting up new donation process last year, heck I didn't even ask for the previous donations until recently. Building for the game just seemed a lot more fun than the more mundane aspects of running (and paying for) a server. I am very glad that we have done so now, just as I am extremely proud of the fist incarnation of our new website.

As many of you already know, Arelith has been growing significantly over the last year, and to be gaining momentum so many years after NWN's release, and quite a few years since we lost the Gamespy support, is really a testament to the great work being done throughout the team, and of the community as whole.

Seeing such support from our players I know is a huge motivating factor for all of us here, and I'm deeply appreciative of it. I fully expect a growth in player numbers, and fresh content to continue into the future, and believe that as a server we're entering into a new and exciting phase of interest and development.

Within the next 48 hours I expect to be adding new features for the donation badgeholders, which will be detailed on the patreon page. I want to be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR however, that there will not be any live module advantage for those who donate. Whether it is creating content, recieving favourable treatment from DMs, or any kind of change to their in-game experience whatsoever.

That said, receiving funding to maintain, expand and promote Arelith is a massive deal to us, and though, and I'm keen to express that appreciation.

Final word though (and I know this is a bit too longwinded for a standard Kudos thread):

I really do not want anyone to let their enthusiasm for Arelith lead them to pledging more than they can afford. I said previously on this topic last year that if you can't afford to donate, then please don't - the rest of us will have it covered.

The Patreon system is great as it allows donations to be as low as $1 a month, but kind of scary that it can be as high as you possibly like, and I have a genuine concerns that some may go overboard on this.

Arelith has to be for everyone, and as both the old and new website made clear. "Donating is appreciated but not required."