Titania!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Titania!

Post by SteelsSweets » Tue May 23, 2017 3:08 pm

I want to give massive sugar cookie kudos to Titania.

Not just for her awesome plot that is currently ongoing but for everything else she does for the player base. :)

I do believe in fairies! ;)

~Sweets
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Titania!

Post by kittenblackfriends » Tue May 23, 2017 3:09 pm

/me gives her apple wine in a tulip
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Tue May 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Terto still is very confused in why Dogs behave as they do.
Or why the weather seams to be his most apparent enemy.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Roleplaying the environment ftw. I love seeing NPCS react to the players around them. It gives a player a lot of perspective and pushes the realization "Hey, my choices don't only affect me, but also the people around me" particularly, the citizens of towns or cities.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Tue May 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Was quite (pleasantly) surprised when the gate guard shooed Jadoth away from the city after he lost his temper on several people :)
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Temperance

Post by Temperance » Tue May 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Also going to chime in, being abducted by a Dracolich and kept as company was a blast! The banter between my mousy elf and it was fun and the ensuing chase was too! Really livened up a place.. full of dead stuff.

+1

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue May 23, 2017 10:14 pm

I can't agree more, Titania has shown no hesitation in involving herself with our plots going on, and its been absolutely great. I've had so much fun and am glad to get to be a part of so much stuff lately.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Tue May 23, 2017 10:25 pm

DM Titania has always been one of my favorites, not for any of the big things she does, but mostly for the small things which are huge because they turn something mundane and commonplace, into something far more exciting and memorable.

Like last nights Dracolich. Instead of simply teleporting Ilyana from the battlements on the ruined isle, she whipped out the dracolich and the trip went from being fun to being awesome and memorable (not sure if that was the plan from the beginning, but whatever it was, it ended up being great!).

Anytime something small occurs during the usual normal play, be it as simple as a guard telling Jadoth off or a merchant showing a racist side or a fairy coming up upon your character in the woods, offering to shake his hand, and putting him to sleep...that is pure gold.

Huge kudos and a great deal of respect for DM Titania and keep up the great work!

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Last night's event was fun, even if it made me very sleepy for work getting about 5 hours of sleep last night!

Hoping to see what comes of it all!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Wed May 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Loved last nights events, hoping to see the outcome soon!

The Patriarchy

Post by The Patriarchy » Thu May 25, 2017 1:43 am

Titania is boss hoss
I love elven communism.

Catchup

Post by Catchup » Thu May 25, 2017 12:54 pm

I cannot agree more. I tend to steer away from dm events but Titania makes them welcoming enough I don't run away flailing.

Major kudos to you, Sir/Ma'am/Feykin.

*Hugs*

-Catchup

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:04 am

Echoing the kudos to Titania! After hearing nothing but good things, I finally had a fun little encounter myself with a nice surprise plotline dropped right on the Sunites. Sounds like they've been generating a lot of fun for many players. And I'm sure this plot arc they're starting is going to make quite a few waves on the server (pun intended). Can't wait to see more!

Oh the year was 1778...

Nour

Post by Nour » Mon May 29, 2017 2:56 am

Titania always helps me out no matter how annoying I am to them :)

Thanks friend.

Purplemyst
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Purplemyst » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:02 pm

I've been involved in a couple of Titania's events and I had a blast :)

Marauder

Post by Marauder » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 am

Titania has been running a little plot for the Cavalry and they are just so patient with us it's not even funny, and the plot has been extremely well written. Thank you so much!
DM GrumpyCat wrote:Drow sunbathing

Wildsong

Post by Wildsong » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:32 am

Yeah, uh, Titania pretty much went hard all day today (well, Friday) for the Cavalry's plot. The night ended (as far as I know!) with folks from Guldorand getting involved - and that was awesome! Heck, Kadrawin and Katie got rekt by pirates, but it didn't abruptly end there lol

Great storytelling and hours of fun.
Thank you from the Cavalry folks! \o/
"Your druid/monk build isn't death by paper cuts, but it's not death by freight train, either. It's more...death by inconvenient chihuahua bites."

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:04 am

Bouncing off what Wildsong said. I was so excited when the plot was first dropped on the Sunites, and then overjoyed when I had a chance to continue it. It was awesome, a lot of thought went into it, and the players involved although there were enough of us that I couldn't keep up with the text, we all came together really well! So massive kudos, the massivest, that I can give!

Oh the year was 1778...

azrael_athing

Post by azrael_athing » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Kudos once more for DM Titania, for giving the Earthkin something to face in their attempts to get to the source of their problems. It would have been disasterous without you.

Even if the event did not turn out as it was planned, it was very nice of you to pick it up as you did. Making the best of the situation, and enjoyable all around.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:51 am

Dito to that, everything don't have to be solved in just one raid.

Some screenies, for the files:

https://goo.gl/photos/uMQ8coAppx5wBrT47 Gathering in the Grotto
https://goo.gl/photos/EkzWK1UaikgZe7wK8 Meeting the urdlenite Gnome
https://goo.gl/photos/3kbPd2qA1km7zARy7 At the portal

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Wildsong

Post by Wildsong » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:10 am

Uh so yeah, Titania is pretty great. Let me leave a nice list here of things Titania has done recently that were super awesome...

First of all, her storytelling abilities are superb. We just finished the Fleet of Three plot with her earlier this weekend, and the storytelling was really great!

She led a few smaller scale events for us that were just awesome - especially the one that led our group into the crypts north of Guldorand. That was probably my favorite event she ran for us! And the extra loot at the end was a nice treat, as well :) And it later spiraled into another series of events that involved pretty much the entire Guldorand crew - they all had a blast!

When we began an event a few nights ago, we managed to steal a pirate ship after convincing a pirate lackey to let us get close to it. Then we disguised ourselves as pirates and my character played 'bait' to get into the fortress. It was really awesome, and we're super glad we had the opportunity to do all of that! It was a pretty badass way to start the event xD Then she led us on a chase across Arelith to catch the High Captain, culminating in a proper 'final boss' battle in the forest!

She has also gone the extra mile to help us out from time to time, even when it wasn't expected / known she was around. My character was killed by a summon from a Morgunn's Blackguard (we rly hate those guys omg). When my friends went to rezz Khoudelka, I was resting. I had NO idea resting when someone tries to rezz you will result in the corpse vanishing. That's exactly what happened (mind you this is after 2 other attempts to cross that area and getting #rekt by blackguards each time hahah we do not go that way anymore..)

I rezz'd Khou the default way and left the party, as they were almost to their grinding area and she had rezz penalties. I didn't ping a DM or anything, I was just going to handle the consequences and move on. Titania whispered me and asked what happened to Khou's body, so I explained. She removed the rezz penalty and teleported Khoudelka to Kadrawin with a really bright flash of light -- that made for some really neat RP afterward. (Mind you, I only know about the light because his PC is right next to mine haha)
I give her mad props for that, because she was not obligated to do any of that for us. It was really cool of her to do!

Not to mention the low-level event she sprang on my friends and I a while ago when we were trying to level alts in the Goblin Fortress. That was a complete surprise, and I will never forget how shocked I was when a bugbear rezz'd me hahah

Also, she has incredible patience with us nerds when we're dragging out feet, or focusing on something else in the event for a moment. She's really great o/

Thank you, Titania, for running our Fleet of Three plot :) <3 <3
"Your druid/monk build isn't death by paper cuts, but it's not death by freight train, either. It's more...death by inconvenient chihuahua bites."

Xemoro

Post by Xemoro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:17 am

Had to pass out after the event but i wanted to give a big thank you for letting me be apart of such a crazy plot line it was one of the best times I've had on arelith to this date and i look forward to seeing what comes up in the future! keep up the great work titania!

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you fairies. :)
Please don't feed my sister.