The Eclipse of Sarina (Kudos, Sarina!)

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rikkulesca

The Eclipse of Sarina (Kudos, Sarina!)

Post by Rikkulesca » Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 pm

My main character had just recently started to recover when Sarina decided to go underground with Sabine. The whole story leading up to it, her personal relation with Sarina, everthing the city has done, All of it is making this incredibly hollywood esque Roleplay story. Kudos, Sarina, you've attracted the aboslute best RP I've ever had. I hope the whole Arc isn't resolved in the next two days, as I'm going to LARP event this weekend. I love being included in eveything you do, and I can't wait to see what happens with Akira when I get back from this weekend event!

The whole RP arc between Sabine and Sarina is just remarkable. the characters are humanized in such a way that is just once and a lifetime.
Akira shall see you all in a few days!
"Memories are nice, but that's all they are."

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: The Eclipse of Sarina (Kudos, Sarina!)

Post by CragOrion » Thu May 11, 2017 8:01 pm

I agree, this has definately changed things for Kyle quite a bit, and he came very close to perming last night. Thanks for the fun!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Thu May 11, 2017 10:13 pm

All right, since we're doing this, gonna lay it all down.
Apologies if I mucked up the spelling to any names in advance.

Lynn Charfoot - Gone but not forgotten, Lynn was that rebellious sister type who just wouldn't take crap from nobody. Took some stones to really hold her ground no matter how everyone else would prefer the status quo.

Jadoth Dawnfire - Sarina pretty much grew up with the kid in her time in Cordor, they had so many crushy moments, and nothing shattered her more than his sudden departure fleeing from sight after his retirement.
Edit - Good kill(s), we're going straight into some serious tension without hesitation. I feel bad for the character but I'm enjoying the developments thus far immensely.

Kyle Frayer-Eldafire - A later arrival but still pulling her hard towards that happy ending hope. In a short time he's captured her attention and only adds to the weight of what she's doing right now. Every speedy is a lump in her throat.

Sidrian/Syndarion - Easily the most twisted relationship in the game, you give them all hell and they get to love/hate you for it.

Talon Betimere/Snowberry - Showing her the dark side a bit, her adventuring partner for quite a while. His shows of loyalty and faith are so hidden, but so passionate when they emerge.

Anju Snowberry - Super chill, even when she could've been super not. Can't underestimate that which just holds it together so well. Thank you for being you.

Shauna Flanagan - Having known her from her incident with Sidrian and the whole torture attempt/mind control gig it was amazing to see her hold Sarina to the fire consistently when her emotions might otherwise have compromised her. And to wear that shoe on the other foot with Poe was pretty tense and riveting too.

Stellen Varg - She still can't figure that guy out, but it's so hard not to laugh when he's around to. He's this terrible mix of intensity and bad jokes that just makes characters bristle.

Justian Fearshald - Never could get enough of him, straightforward but amazing to watch the dynamic between the two of them develop from lesser to his better.

Akira Mirna - Having a character that reflected her was another major tie for Sarina, when she was enslaved during that ongoing conflict period it just utterly devastated her. Watching a person change that was so much like herself was almost enough to drive her to do some other crazy things at the time. Her return was a triumph in itself, and the joy of the player is both ic and ooc.

Kobolds, (Thraz, Rekken Drekken, and more!) - For playing a paladin/then priestess of Bahamut the kobolds always represented that strange shoulder rub between the faiths. And there was all sorts of mixes from hostility, rivalry, and even sometimes conversion where it happened. They gave her the opportunity to shine most true to her faith.

Malak Al Abrash - What few times they got to interact, she was just enchanted by his wisdom and grace. Hopefully the dorky obsession and admiration got across.

Sabine - Having my character interact with darker elements was something I had always made an effort for, but this opportunity was beyond my expectations. Having someone so known to be awful speak and such with her was initiation of something terrifying (and wonderful in my mind). And so it comes to this, and it's far from over...

And there's bunches more, but this was running a bit long.
I thank you all for the experiences thus far. Kudos you glorious monsters.
Last edited by Echohawk on Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Cybernet21

Post by Cybernet21 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 am

Poor Guard is messed up now :lol: And there's just Arcavius there trying to still do his guard business...it seems he is the only one above Recruit that is active atm,there stands a poor recenlty made Private that had just received so many worrying information about his commander's activities and having to deal with unstable Jadoth(with the help of Anden) :shock: (and since locks were changed still has no way into the barracks),kudos for the amazing roleplay of Sarina(even though i mostly heard about the happenings)
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Sometimes my inner Lynn flares up. But I have to suppress it because I no longer play an LG character.

She would be triggered so hard if she knew what was going on! XD

Sarina has really be fun~ I've enjoyed seeing her again With Faeren.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Ironlord

Post by Ironlord » Fri May 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Jonah only had the chance to talk personally with Sarina a few times, but each time felt like it meant something and helped shape him in his early stages. I'm sincerely glad he had the chance to serve with both her and Jadoth before certain things hit the fan. Kudos for an unforgettable and stellar introduction to Arelith!

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Had the opportunity to interact with Sarina and Sabine last night, and it was marvelous. Thank you for letting me be the angel on your shoulder! Wonderful build-up and tension culminating with some very hair-raising PvP that was exemplary of how PvP enhances story. My heart was going like a jackhammer.

With additional kudos to Kyle, tactical corpse extraordinaire.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Arise_Gargantua

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Ooh, which larp event were you at?
Last edited by Arise_Gargantua on Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa

Thron

Post by Thron » Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 am

*Elwood pours himself another glass of wine, buys another spell component pouch and continues scrying his favorite day time soap opera*

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Wed May 17, 2017 4:03 am

Having been on the sidelines of this event, I can safely say that the amount of RP being generated even around this has been stellar and dynamic. Loving it!

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sun May 21, 2017 4:01 am

Akira should be careful what she wishes for! :D
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Tue May 23, 2017 10:51 pm

things have taken such a turn! Can't wait to see what happens next!!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire