Mayor Wolf

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

thesleepyraven

Mayor Wolf

Post by thesleepyraven » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Well the time has come, and always it feels like it's too soon.. It's time for Ruby Dapple (Highfen) to join her beloved off the island and raise her children far far away from "Psycho-island" and in relative safety. I have had /so/ much fun with this character, through the good times and the bad times.. And of course, it was all thanks to the players that took their time to play with and get to know Ruby. So it's time for the dreaded, but much deserved kudos.

(I've never been very good at these, and my memory is shot so if I forget anyone please have mercy on me!)

The Ones who Matter the Most - Family

Red Highfen - God... Where to start with you? I'm so glad we reconnected after all these years, and I hope we stay in touch for many more. Red and Ruby will always be in my heart, and the two of them will always make me smile. They worked so hard, and suffered so much for their happy ending and it's about time they got it. I've learned so much by playing with you, you motivated me to try and be better at roleplaying and I hope I've improved at least a little bit between then and now. I remember their first awkward meeting and their first awkward date at the Nomad. So much throat clearing and "So uh.. Yeah.." the realism was uncanny. Red's endless patience with Ruby, his tenderness, and his love for her were so real to me (even when you shattered her poor fragile wolfy heart).. You're an amazing roleplayer and words cannot express how amazing you are. I can only hope that you had as much fun playing with me as I did with you, and I'm so excited for what the future holds! *Highfive!*

Corinne Dapple - The BEST little sister ever, I wasn't sure how well it would work out in the beginning but the relationship between Ruby and Corinne is one that I will always cherish. She was the one that Ruby would look forward to seeing after a long and terrible day of being Mayor, her kind patient words and her endless hugs were always there when Ruby needed them. Of course there were always the hard times, but that's what sisters are for right? To drive each other bonkers and then pull each other away from the ledge before they fall off of it. There were so many times when I was ready to pull my hair out and there you were ready to save me from making crazy decisions (just like Corinne did for Ruby). I'm so glad we got to play together again after all these years, I love you so much and I'm so happy to see that's it's still just as much fun playing with you now as it was then (minus all the edgy and angst :P). Corinne was so well played and all I can do is applaud you, you taught me so much about the other side of being a Hin when I was always surrounded by the most serious and grumpy Hin to ever exist (Love you guys). I can't wait to play with you more in the future, I love you my dude. *Hugs!* "That's so wise...." (never forget)

Tepher Dapple - Tepher.. Tepher was something else, but you can't help but love him. I'm glad we started talking and playing again after all these years, Tepher was (usually) a breath of fresh air after all the seriousness and meetings and I wouldn't give him up for the world. He was Ruby's favorite brother EVEN if she had another one ;P. Ruby would always rely on Tepher to cause some sort of lighthearted trouble and mischief, and he always did without fail. By far the silliest and one of my favorite Hin.

Brigitta Swordhill - I will never forgive you for killing Birdie, NEVER.. In all seriousness, thank you so much for everything. Standing firm with Birdie throughout everything, never wavering.. Funny how a player can be so much like their character sometimes. Without Birdie Ruby would have gone psychotic, she never would have made it as far as she did as Mayor without her. Every time I imagine Ruby and Birdie I just see Ruby sitting there crying while lit on fire and Birdie desperately beating the flames off of her and briefing her at the same time.. So many briefings.. So many.. Or whenever she's at meetings Birdie's there, holding up cue cards for her because Ruby gets flustered and forgets everything. Birdie was Ruby's rock, and I can never thank you enough for all the fun I got to have with you. I'm a little sad that Birdie won't be there to babysit the baby Highfen's and teach them how to hold a door. Or teach them the hard lessons about life that only Birdie Swordhill could. She would have been the best Auntie Marshal and you bet your bottom that the twins will grow up hearing stories about her and all she did to protect Ruby during her Mayorship and her pregnancy. I really hope we can play together again in the future, I really do.

Alexander Swordhill - The great disappearing Hin.. *tsk tsk* Never got to see pregnant Ruby. Shame on you, SHAME. But.. I can't forget the amazing times we had together, he was the best adopted brother to Ruby and even if Alexander Dapple sounds dumb, it will always be true. He was always there for Ruby, and was one of the few to see her cry. He was always there with hugs and hair ruffles, Ruby will never forget him and all the love, kindness, and patience he had. He was a great Mayor, and a great Hin.. He protected his kin with his life, and always did what he thought was best (even if it wasn't the best..) I'll miss Alex forever, and I'm SO grateful that she got to say goodbye. He was one of her best friends, and she'll never forget him and neither will I. I learned so much from you and had endless amounts of fun with you at the same time. I hope we can play together in the future, who knows?

Buppi - He's just Buppi ya know? I really wish they could have gotten closer, Ruby cared for him greatly. She'll never forgive herself for making such a mess of being Mayor, and how it effected Buppi personally. She can only hope that he can find it in his heart to forgive her in time. I really wish we had gotten to play together more but alas.. Our character's awkward and opposing natures drove them apart for a long time, and if not for Red they probably never would have said more than 5 words to each other. You were so much fun to play with, and I mean that sincerely. The way you played Buppi was unique and interesting, and your play style is very much the same.. Unique and interesting. Every time Buppi called to talk (read: yell) with/at Ruby I would get so excited even though she was more than likely about to get another lecture about putting her foot down. Their goodbye absolutely warmed my heart and I hope in the future we can play together again, perhaps with less awkward characters ^^. For now I hope Buppi continues to be happy being just Buppi, because Buppi is amazing.

The One's who're there for you no matter what - Friends

Lunarya - We didn't get to talk too much, and that is a big regret of mine.. But Ruby could always count on her for a warm smile and a gentle word. It was good to see you again, and I hope we can see more of each other in the future. *Huggles*

Borin - We didn't talk much either, but Borin always made me laugh in almost every situation. I will never forget your poem to Nym, a true work of art. Keep being awesome.

Tadala - Ruby never got to say goodbye, which hurt her but it's the way of life. Tadala will be pleased to hear that little wolf and red lion got back together and have indeed finally had children. Though maybe not as many as she wanted... ;P

Rosa Dapple: YOU! I could always count on Rosa to be there to cause trouble in the best and worst of times. A true mischief maker of the best and worst kind, Ruby could never decide between strangling or hugging her.. It was good to see you again too! And I hope the future holds further interactions between our characters.

The Sparks: Lord... The Sparks. Rena and Lita.. Just like Rosa you were always there to cause trouble and give Ruby the biggest headaches. But you bet your bottom that when Ruby thought Rena had died she near cried kneeling by her grave and praying for her soul. The craziest hin feylocks to ever live, it was fun you guys.

Finibelle Blimth - Ruby was terrified of her at first and wanted nothing more than for Finibelle to love her. And in the end, she got what she wanted. Finibelle was amazing and always there for Red and Ruby, and I wish we could have spent more time together. She was the best dorf mom, and Ruby will never forget her. Who knows what the future holds? But I sure hope it holds more RP between the two of us.

Ghestaldt Blimth: The best Thane to ever live, a true example of a great leader. Ruby respected and admired Ghest endlessly and I had so much fun with you. Ghest was a true dord, through and through. Hopefully he won't be too disappointed in Ruby for leaving her position after one term, she really did try her best.

Poe & Ava Dal: Ruby really did grow to care for the pair of them, even though it was a constant internal struggle for about what she felt for Poe versus how she was supposed to feel about Poe. But in the end she was endlessly grateful for Ava and Poe's kindness and patience with her, it was really great getting to play with you two!

Dylo Titanstomper: A gnome of few words, but when he spoke people listened. Ruby truly respected Dylo and grew to love him as time went on, she was proud to call Dylo a friend and I hope he considered her the same. Dylo never failed to bring a smile to my face and I hope Ruby could return the favor some of the time!

Arren Quickshot: Such a charmer, he could make Ruby smile even when the stress of being Mayor was pushing her over the edge. I'm sad we couldn't RP more but sadly we met toward the end of Ruby's time.. Perhaps in the future we can play together some more.

Alenduil: We never roleplayed very much while I played Ruby, but when we did Alenduil always made me crack a smile. I look forward to the future, and just so you know Bob the Bush has remained well taken care of in the hands of the Dapple Clan.. He lives on inside us all.
---
Bendir Dale was almost out of her view when she glanced over her shoulder.. So many years spent there, making friends and growing her family. Ruby felt tears spring to her eyes as she clutched her children close to her chest, it was time for her to move on.. To leave Arelith and travel to Luiren to be with her beloved and raise their family, to see new things, and go on new adventures. As much as leaving her life here behind caused her heart to ache, the excitement of the future made her feet tingle.. This is what it meant to be a Hin... This is what it meant to be a Wolf, and regardless of it all... Ruby was happy.

Catchup

Re: Mayor Wolf

Post by Catchup » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 pm

I have to agree the timing was impeccable.

As usual the universe conspires to forward great rp. ^^

My major kudos to you and I'm sure I'll find you somewhere.

*Hugs*

Catchup.

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Oh Ruby. The soft hearted Ruby. Buppi has his issues with hin aready, but the question that he always asked Red was "Does Ruby hate me? Did I do somethin' wrong? Tell her I ain't hate her."

She was less of a mess up than she thought she was. Everyone needs support, and Buppi argued and "yelled" at her because he did, in truth, care. I wish their awkwardness was able to lessen before the send off, and more discussions past the work they did.

Ruby was a great halfling that didn't fall into the terrible stereotype that comes with the race. She was one of the best halflings to come through Bendir and I hope you the best in any future characters you play.

<3

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:32 pm

I really wished we had had more chances to interact.

Even from watching from the side line, it was clear that Ruby was a very layered character.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Ruby was my favourite Mayor because of how well you played her strengths and weaknesses. I look forward to your next character : )

Have fun.
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

HindianaJones

Post by HindianaJones » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 am

Ruby was fun! I'm upset I got to the party late and missed out on more opportunities to RP with her, but hopefully there will be other characters in future! Great character though. :)

P.S. Baby Jasper will renamed to Baby Arren. Sorry, too late, it's happened!

sheeps

Post by sheeps » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:39 am

Dogs are the only thing I'm capable of drawing at 3 in the morning so,

...for being like the coolest person ever playing the coolest character ever! Ruby was such a colorful and complex character. I truly enjoyed watching her grow from a "mini daisy" to the character she had become, all thanks to the situations and interactions she had faced. I know you had put a lot of thought into this character by the end of her run and I'm proud of you and all the things you accomplished on her.

Roleplaying with your character brought back good ol' memories. Back when we were thirteen and stupid. But even now as we've gotten older and a little more intelligent, playing with you is just as fun (if not more!) as it was back then. Look forward to playing with you more, girl! Looks like you're stuck with me messaging you at ungodly hours of the morning to talk about my stupid ideas about this game for a little longer, haha.

Totally planning to have Corinne start some weird-o legend about how some white wolf with a scarred face occasionally visits Bendir to watch over it, as if it were reminiscing of times gone by. Ruby will live on, whether she's here or not. ;)

Honeybunny

Post by Honeybunny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:35 pm

I enjoyed every minute of Ruby, from running into you for the very first time running through the Bramble Woods to the very end. Thank you for everything!

If Valor Were Inches

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 pm

I wish I got to know Ruby earlier and see her growth. But I loved how unique she was from Daisy, and testing her with Rosa's chaos!

Cutie Riot

Post by Cutie Riot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Sad to see another great hin go. You rped Ruby really well especially the toll of mayorhood. I look forward to whatever you roll up next.

P.S Sorry for any chaos caused by the sparks! :P

Bones Mist and Moons

Post by Bones Mist and Moons » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 am

Thank you for the Kudos, and Kudos to you in return. Sorry to see her go, but hope to RP with you again. I'll admit I thought I was going to hate Ruby at first when I saw the eviction notice on my door, but things went another way and I was glad to be there for her & to have her there for Ava and me.
Don't use cross-area parties and -dispel while idle. Every bit of lag less is a penny in my therapy jar.

Bones - Necromancy, Life, Death, Creation, Time.
Mist - Mystery, Secrecy, Mysticism, Beauty.
Moons - Light, Dark, Space, Magic, Travel.

Griefmaker

Post by Griefmaker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:48 pm

It definitely was a shame that Ruby and Alenduil did not have more time together, but when they did it was fun! I am hopeful to see more of Eowing at least, so do not disappoint! :D

Also...Bob the Bush!!! I cannot believe he is still alive. Do people still get into fights with the Bush like my old dwarf who carried him about did....and do they also lose?

If Valor Were Inches

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Griefmaker wrote:It definitely was a shame that Ruby and Alenduil did not have more time together, but when they did it was fun! I am hopeful to see more of Eowing at least, so do not disappoint! :D

Also...Bob the Bush!!! I cannot believe he is still alive. Do people still get into fights with the Bush like my old dwarf who carried him about did....and do they also lose?
He only beats up dwarves. He lets Hins win.