Malak's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Yma23

Malak's Kudos

Post by Yma23 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:51 am

Malak's Kudos

This has been a long time coming. I've been trying to finish the character for a few months now, and though I've still not yet gotten him off isle – I hope to soon. So it's time for me to drop a few Kudos's before I go.

Liunia Lillith: An amazing player and an amazing character, A lot of Malak's character development was down to her. Really takes time to role-play with other people, and is very 'giving' in their style. I've interacted with this person on various characters, and every time it's been wonderful.

Stellen Varg
An ongoing project for Malak, wonderfully three dimensional character, and a real fighter. Every meeting was a joy.

Shauna Flannigan
A little shady, but very competent, this player is always fun to be around.

Valjez
A character who made a huge difference in Malak's life, who really turned things around. Can't kudos this person enough, I really can't. Thank you for letting me be part of that terribly dramatic story. It's a little tale that will linger in my memory.

Jacob Swift
Sharp as a needle both IC and OOC it seemed. Picked up on the mystery of Malak before anyone else, and rolled with it. As ever Jacob is one of my favourite Archmagi, he's so passionate about keeping the Tower going, really supportive of other peoples characters, and is just a brilliant guy.

Alice Scarlet
A really cool Sunite Priest who 'gets it'. It's wonderful to see Sune's faith have such an excellent representative. Great stuff.

Borin:
I- Look it's Borin, ok? Played by Deadin? Do I need to say anything more? He's amazing. Stay classy dude.

Jorian Hawk:
A very competent and cool guard commander who gave his all to the job. I think he'll go down as one of those guard commanders we didn't realized how good he was, until he was gone. Looking back I can't help but commend what a excellent job he did, and a really nice, laid back player too who wasn't afraid to look at the bigger picture. Kudos.

Sara Lyonal
Loved our interactions, wished we could have gotten around to more. Sara was a real gem.

Ghestaldt
Best. Darn. Leader. On. The. Isle. Seriously I wish Malak had done one quarter as well as Ghestaldt when it came to settlement leadership. He's really one handedly given Brog a huge renaissance and I know it must be a whole bunch of work for him. Never afraid to say 'no' to a challenge, standing by his principles, making rp for others, this guy is gold. Just gold.

Rosalie Raynore:
For going along with Malak's mad cap plans, being properly supportive and just being all round awsome for the Temple of the Triad.

Elysia:
A really cool Triadist and someone who puts a lot of effort into their rp. Loved their work in the guard especially, and thanks for helping out with some of the rules stuff!

Rannos Sussidian:
A damn Tethyran who isn't worth my breath! Nah seriously, cool player, I loved some of the political conflict that came between him and Malak, along with personal disputes.

Vivienne LeChance:
For being an excellent foe. Thank you! I wish we could have had more interactions!

I'm sure there's more that I am forgetting, I'll add as they come to my mind.

A little fellow

Re: Malak's Kudos

Post by A little fellow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:36 am

One of Ghestaldt's most trusted allies in his time. Enjoyed all the conversations our characters had together, thanks for hanging.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

DarkDreamer
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by DarkDreamer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:31 am

Malak is a very interesting character, one both Mathias and Selene got to know and care much about.

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Malak was awesome! And I am very glad that he and Borin got to interact, and it is only a shame that they did not do so more often.

Well done as always yma! Looking forward to your next one.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm

You made it difficult to hate Calishites.

*Thumbs up*
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

OverTheSeaToSkye

Post by OverTheSeaToSkye » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Lyssa misses Malak and their talks. Even though rare they helped her a lot. He was completely ( if not COMPLETELY) a great girlfriend. <3 Now we get to wait with bated breath to see what you dream up next!
Active Chars:
Lily-Rose - Daughter of the Storm
In'iira Arab'afin - Woman of Many Talents

Tepes

Post by Tepes » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Guiltridden saviour, sardonic stoic, the last thing Valjez needed, the last thing Valjez had.
They both saved each other and I have you to thank for an eerie and unforgetable experience.
Despair and hope, bordering on each other. It has been years for such an intense encounter, thank you!

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:48 am

I always enjoyed Malak-time, rare though it was. Eldwyn always found himself sitting with an uncomfortably mixed internal response to Malak - Variously, pity, respect, suspicion - though through it all, finding him a likeable if ethically questionable individual... And that is a good thing.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:51 am

Malak is a very cool character. One of my favourites.

I'm sad to see him go, but very excited & keen to see what you do next!

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks for the wonderful journey, thanks for letting my character be a part of it! :) Enjoyed every bit of it. Very believable and genuine, always entertaining.

You're really talented when it comes to creating compelling, interesting stories. Very welcoming style of RP, it's always a pleasure to spend time RPing with you. Sometimes it's fun enough to just watch your fantasy unfold!

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Sarina utterly idolized the guy for the time he was Chancellor and thereafter.
I only get that bittersweet feeling once again of coming in at the tail end of another story.

Much kudos for having one of the few other level headed characters that I got to experience at least.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Liotu

Post by Liotu » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:45 am

I have to say, Jorian was very skeptical of Malak coming out of left field to lead the city he called home, but Malak really shined through as one of the best things to happen to Cordor in a while, and Jorian's proud to count Malak among his friends. Wish I could've gotten to know Malak better; gonna miss him!
Jadoth Dawnfire wrote:*the helmet hides the tears*