Shadow Dancer Shadow!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dr_Hazard89

Shadow Dancer Shadow!

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:09 am

Uuuh. Didn't see this in the update notes- but have noticed Shadows now "shadow step" to the thing you're fighting. THIS IS AMAZING AND HELPS SO MUCH WITH TERRIBAD NWN AI!!!

OMMMMMGGGGG I LOVE IT. It /looks/ cool, and it works better this way! Thaaaaank you!
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Shadow Dancer Shadow!

Post by Liareth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:48 am

No problem! I had in mind a subtlety rogue from WoW when I made the changes. It wasn't announced in the patch notes yet as it's a bit of an experimental change. You might also notice that the shadow no longer has unit collision. These two changes combined make it much more useful in a party context, whereas before you'd just make it follow a caster to benefit from the improved sneak without the hassle of micromanaging terrible AI.

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:24 am

Aaaaaaarghh. I can't stress what a huge and awesome difference this makes. It's /so/ good.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Horselords

Post by Horselords » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:24 am

Yeah I wanted to make a kudo thread about this. It's really kudo worthy. Both mechanically effective AND totally looking cool/immersive. Loving it. Kudo kudo kudo.

HindianaJones

Post by HindianaJones » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:37 pm

This overcomes so many issues I was originally having with the shadow. Thank you SO MUCH! Really helpful, and the puff of black smoke is ideal to make it look cool. I love that now your shadow seems to really be tied to you and fight by your side.

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 pm

And now I want to play a Shadowdancer.

Thanks.

Arise_Gargantua

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:34 am

Is this just Shadowdancer shadows, or is it also Shadow Conjuration series shadows?
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa