Lyre's Kudos!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Phaesporia

Lyre's Kudos!

Post by Phaesporia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 am

Due to the stuff that happened ICly, Lyre's going off island for a bit! I don't know how long I'll have her shelved (I'm going to be wrapping her up over the next day or two), but I just want to thank some people so far! Technically my first character was Phaesporia, but I deleted her after a week and made this one, so I just want to thank everyone for being so supportive and helpful! You guys really made the experience enjoyable ^_^

Aersymil: Her leveling buddy up until she was enslaved! I have to say, traveling with a wild mage is one of the most stressful and exciting things in the game. Every time I see a surge I think, "Please don't be a volcano, please don't be a volcano, please don't be--Oh no..." The exploding cows are probably my favorite! Thank you for teaching me some OOC mechanics and how to properly level with summons! Lyre will miss Aersymil, but definitely force herself to forget he's using Planar Binding to make Celestials fetch him tea XD

Eric Harrison: The one who enslaved her...And also helped her undo that. There's a lot of stuff I can't say, due to FOIG, but I just want to thank you for having such a...bipolar character. Eric Harrison, the Paladin of Sune she STILL quotes as well as misses and then Avil Laine (A villain), the one she despises...Those two personas were a LOT of fun to RP with, even if she hated one as much as she liked the other! I just wish she had the truth revealed to her, that would have been epic!

Eleon Trisvaria, Ivvaz, and “The Wizard”: The first ones who owned her…You guys had a HUGE impact on her and aside from Ivvaz, she hated her old master so much…Still tormenting her dreams later on, you were something she worried about and still does. Thank you for showing me around the Underdark and some really cool places along with it! I had a lot of fun! As much as Lyre thought Eleon was a terrible, evil master, she saved her more times than a cruel person should have XD

Zezo: The kobold who saved her from Eleon… You made her want to learn draconic as well as see that not everyone in the Underdark is an evil, sadistic monster or outcast. The RP with you and other kobold, while not as long as I would have liked, was a treasure and I enjoyed it greatly.

Rhaeg: The first time she and Arakh met him at the same time…was interesting. He was thinking, “Oh look, someone I can save from this place,” while she saw a half orc and big sword and thought, “Oh, no, I’m gonna die!” Trying to save slaves with him was a lot of fun and she still has hope for him! He definitely became a good friend for her, and she appreciated his brutal honesty.

Jadoth Dawnfire and Sarina Dragonsong: She was so determined to seeing the two characters together herself! When I eventually play her again, I look forward to seeing what occurred! I loved interacting with both of your characters and the small tug-o-war that occurred between their reactions. Jadoth is so violent and Sarina is so sweet and gentle…Jadoth also pulled her out of EVERY situation that ended with her imprisonment or otherwise, so huge kudos to being her facepalming guardian angel!

Gyr and ‘Kirk’: The two that helped her during her last days as a slave. You both had a huge impact on her as well, I’m just sorry we couldn’t RP more after that…Kirk was presumed dead before allying with the druids and Gyr and Lyre had that falling out due to differences in perspective. Thank you so much for helping me with everything and she definitely misses the times when all three would run around the Underdark in a frantic hurry!

Arakh and the Sharps in general: I think there was something building up with an eventual face off between Lyre and Arakh (a continuation of the first time she met him as a slave) but it wasn’t able to be finished:/ I do look forward to RPing with you on my new character though because…I LOVE MY MASTER!

CeII: Your two I’s always throw me off XD Lyre had soooo many conflicted feelings about her but I think it started looking up in the end with the cute mushroom scene. It’s so hard forcing your character to hate someone that they KNOW is evil when they’re just so…NICE. I hope I get to RP with you on my new character, just know that if CeII is still around when Lyre gets back…It’ll be interesting!

Azrael: From possible harem owner to Erinyes to paladin, she had a lot of opinions of him lol I loved RPing with you though! He’s so patient and understanding, it was interesting to say the least. If it wasn’t for him, she never would have met Asbae and everything else that occurred…He was definitely a catalyst so thank you for that. She’ll miss him!

Thedas Sigisvult: Her paladin. She never thought she’d see a paladin of Ilmater on the island and was SO HAPPY when she met him! I wish we could’ve RP’d more, but I really loved the idea you told me yesterday and I hope I get to see it!

Stellen Varg: The one who took all her complaints. It was actually in the meeting between the temple and Asb’el’s friends that I got my 20 RPR so I want to thank you for setting that up! Lyre had…a lot of mixed feelings about Varg due to the evil and good overshadowing him, but still handed out his cookies! Everyone loved them though (Except Amra, but I’m pretty sure he secretly loved it). The descriptions on the cookies are really good too! There was a plan to have Varg held down while she force healed him so he wouldn’t be sick anymore, buuuuuuut I’m sure you had other plans for that so this works out XD RPing with you was always a pleasure and your coffee mug had me cracking up every time!

Anden Smith: The other Smith! Now there will be one less on the isle…Don’t worry, we’ll take over the island when I get back ;) Thank you for taking me planeswalking, it was, honestly, one of the most fun experiences I’ve had in the three months I’ve been playing on NWN. They had a rocky start, but they turned out to be pretty good friends in the end I think! She’ll look forward to seeing him again if he’s there when she gets back.

Asb’el and Alastor: The scene in the back of the temple pretty much sums up interactions. A scary, shady looking assassin man sneaks in. Lyre gives Alastor her only lens and he decides he wants to watch the entertainment, much to her dismay. Asb’el, after giving advice, just shrugs, says she knows the super scary evil looking person, and gives more advice. I really wish I could have played with you more Clock, both of your characters are amazing and you’re a treat to RP with! Asb’el is actually the reason Lyre became more…understanding? Empathetic? And she certainly wouldn’t have ended up with Amra if it wasn’t for her intervention. As for Alastor…Lyre still hasn’t told anyone his true name and I look forward to RPing with you again as well!

Amraphensbane: The tug-o-war between good and evil…Thank you for entertaining my “taming the beast” romance! A looooot of stuff happened with them and I’ll save the real kudos for you when their tale is over and she gets rolled :P

There’s a bunch of others she’s met along the way and I think I made this too long already, but I want to thank everyone with a special shout out to GrumpyCat! Thank you for the amazing events and answering my alignment questions! I was so happy to be a part of them and playing them out kept was exciting and nerve wracking at the same time XD I look forward to seeing more!
Last edited by Phaesporia on Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
+1
Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 am
This is absolutely astonishing, in that my personal suggestion would be the total removal of the mechanical slavery system.

Cerk Evermoore

Re: Lyre's Kudos!

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:50 am

Much love from The Wizard.

Umskiptar

Post by Umskiptar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:17 am

Thedas will wait her return eagerly. There's a lot to do!

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 am

Ah, sad to see her go, even if it is for only a while.
Lyre always frustrated the hell outta Anden but he still liked her, knew she always meant well =D
Gotta return the Kudos too, for your first character you made a real good one, really created a lot of fun RP for myself, and many others, so well done and I look forward to her return =D

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 pm

It was a pretty fun experience running around underdark chaotically trying to prevent her from getting murdered the following day! I was so tired that day OOC that I just crashed and slept for half a day.

Roshamboe
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Roshamboe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Don't be a stranger now ya hear...

Phaesporia

Post by Phaesporia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Diegovog wrote:It was a pretty fun experience running around underdark chaotically trying to prevent her from getting murdered the following day! I was so tired that day OOC that I just crashed and slept for half a day.
Honestly, this sums up about every single adventure I've ever dragged someone through lol
+1
Aodh Lazuli wrote:
This is absolutely astonishing, in that my personal suggestion would be the total removal of the mechanical slavery system.

Nekonecro

Post by Nekonecro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:13 pm

LYRE WHERE'S MY NUMBERS WOMAN!?

Phaesporia

Post by Phaesporia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Nekonecro wrote:LYRE WHERE'S MY NUMBERS WOMAN!?
See...What had happened was...I blame Amadeo.
+1
Aodh Lazuli wrote:

Echohawk

Post by Echohawk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:37 pm

We'll try not to burn things down, you know, so you can burn them down when you get back.

<3
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:13 pm

There is now one less Smith for Jad to make his horrendous pun when someone asks him if he knows any smiths... :(
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Willy Wonka~s Protege

Post by Willy Wonka~s Protege » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Our time was brief yet beautiful, missing shall occur.
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

Rp isn't about equality it's about fantasy and fun!

pigman

Post by pigman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Kudos to you from Karlos for being the only one to hate him without question for his faith.

A Mystery Clock

Post by A Mystery Clock » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am

Thank GOD Lyre isn't rolled. I really loved Lyre, I loved how flawed she was, I loved the tug of war between Asb'el being her foe, her teacher, and towards the end kind of her friend. Lyre was pretty much picked with the intent of either making a hero out of her, or having those harsh lessons crush her. I was very surprised about how things turned out, and I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL RP WITH YOU.

Phaesporia

Post by Phaesporia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:54 pm

A Mystery Clock wrote:Thank GOD Lyre isn't rolled. I really loved Lyre, I loved how flawed she was, I loved the tug of war between Asb'el being her foe, her teacher, and towards the end kind of her friend. Lyre was pretty much picked with the intent of either making a hero out of her, or having those harsh lessons crush her. I was very surprised about how things turned out, and I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL RP WITH YOU.
I look forward to it when I eventually bring her back XD I miss Asb'el soooo much T_T She definitely had probably the biggest impact on Lyre's character
+1
Aodh Lazuli wrote:

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:51 am

lyre is bae