Yasdia Mae'Urden send off

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

livingNPC

Yasdia Mae'Urden send off

Post by livingNPC » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 pm

After seven RL years of playing this drow, I finally and reluctantly retired/rolled him.

Yasdia was always a secondary character, which is why I picked the account name livingNPC. Using him to supplement other's toons' stories and image. Which is why I want to take the time to thank others for allowing me to play a part in your stories. I might get some names wrong, as it's been years now and my memory isn't the greatest.

House Al'Truissa:
Started out under first daughter Natalia Al'Truissa, who, along with her house members showed me how well received new players in the UD is. I was shown around how deep the social RP system is with the drow, and in such, I was deeply hooked on roleplaying the basics of any drow.

House Zar'Rocc
Yasdia character developed here, poached from Al'Truissa by Thar'n, Yasdia faked his death and emerged as Zakn'rae Zar'Rocc. I learned SO MUCH regarding male drow RP from Thar'n, the guy was a story telling genius. He wasn't the only gem there, the other was my adopted mother, Nives Zar'Rocc, who allowed me to further my secondary character practice, by her letting me play as her advisor character. I enjoyed the run with the house and it's members all the way into Pit town's era, with the fall of Udos. I had great interactions with the first son as well, who eventually disappeared, for me to eventually RP as first son.

House Ken'Virr
The house that gave rebirth to Yasdia Mae'Urden, as I ditched the Zar'Rocc name and reinvented my toon thanks to the amazing members of this house, Krissix was an amazing leader, when it came to allowing all the members of this house to grow and enjoy themselves. There were so many great toons in this house, but names unfortunately escape me. I just fondly recall a training event I ran with them, under the waterfalls. Oh and the raids, the raids fullfilled me.

House Fuma'Vhid
I wasn't ever a member, but getting to interact with all of yours house members was a blast. My two favourites was the Spider Knight and Fahmire Fuma'Vhid. Fahmire was my pet project, just getting you to come out of your shell and interact with me. We bumped heads a lot, which excited me, all our exchanges were memorable.

House Xun'Virr
The last house Yasdia was apart of and I only wanted to join the house cause it had a human for a matron, calling herself a half drow. I completely enjoyed every information gathering mission the house members sent me on.

Next I'd like to thank individuals

Damian and all yours alts I played with. You totally understood that I was playing as a secondary character and always took full use of that, allowing me in to all the plots you had running on various toons. I recall days that I was log in, only cause I saw one of your toons online.

Kiya the kobold. Sorry I can't recall your last name, but OH MY GOSH. Every adventure I had with you were perfectly paced stories. Like the time Kiya agreed to pay Yasdia 5000 per IG hour, to lead her to the abyss, only to make it a RL 2 hour stroll. RPing out nearly every corner of the environment, as we moved towards your goal. Ever since then, I can't go on grinding outings. I get bored, due to what you introducing me to. Slow paced, story telling. I was addicted.

Then there's the rangers of Bramble, Storm and co, who allowed me to terrorize them for a number of weeks with oozes and slow traps. Thanks for each encounter.

Thanks to Myon, who endured me sullying the the Lye once every few months.

Thanks to Khashall, who played a secondary character to Yasdia and made me look stronger than I actually was.

Thanks to Marihnos, who showed me true devotion. The guy is so invested to staying in character. I once asked him to guard the pit town stairs and i marched up and down for a RL hour.

Thanks to Salindra, for giving Yasdia someone to be very afraid of. Which is why he was quick to side with her in any encounter. The event we had against those toons who came to collect her, is still one of my favorite PvP encounters.

Thanks to Jharrick the duergar, who gave me so many RL headaches. We knocked heads fiercely, but eventually get over the issue and got along nicely.

Thanks to the Goblins, who allowed me to come along with them in their raiding ventures at it's heights. The Goblin terrorist era was a blast.

Thanks to the Outcasts of the Sharps, who provided so much conflict RP to UD. The power struggle was a great thing to be a part of. A lot of drow gave them grief, but they brought a lot to the table... didn't mean that as a pun.

And lastly, thanks to the DM team and certain members for allowing me to have so much fun on the Arelith server.

Thanks to DM Spectre who imparted me humility and DM Iron who entertained the UD populous as we thinned during the build up to new UD city. Also thanks to DM Grumpycat, who put up with weekly requests to reduce my XP by 7k, lol.

Sorry if there are any who I didn't come around to mentioning, my memory is fleeting, along with my free time with my first born eating it all up. I know there are many, many more who I had interactions with, disguised as an elf, or as an assassin. I just want to say you've not been forgotten, I recall the memories, but I can't recall all the names.

EDIT* Totally forgot about the Cast and Crew of the Cloak and Dagger Tavern. Thanks for making the tavern a huge success. Rico and co were the real stars there. We had everything there, drow students, Orog bouncers and waitresses, Goblin servers, kobold singers and Gnoll dancers.

Kodus all round.
Last edited by livingNPC on Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seekeepeek

Re: Yasdia Mae'Urden send off

Post by Seekeepeek » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Yasdia Mae'Urden was a cool kid and his going to be missed direly. Many of the names you mentioned have been gems of the Underdark, DMs and players alike. I hope you had luck with your roll, and find new joy in a new character if IRL allows it in the future. Congratulation with the kid by the way. :)

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:12 pm

It was Kiya Ashclaw. I miss that little rascal too.

Having Yasdia be a part of Xun'viir was good fun!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Yas has always been a bit of an enigma for me. Not quite a boogeyman, not quite a hero. An assassin with a reputation for success though, definitely.

I like playin' with ya LivingNPC. Looking forward to whatever next PC you make.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Grunf

Post by Grunf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:40 am

There are several players that had huge impact on my first toon here on arelith as Damien, thats svirfneblin Freya, drow merchant Chana and for certain Yasdia a well played male drow that showed that other maybe bit more darker and drowish side of their culture of eternal plotting and scheming.

To be open Yasdia educate me how to be a true bastard (haha) in this game as a drow that i reflect on my other toons, Yasdia knew how the game is played and often factions who had you on their side were winning one, but if losing you would make that fun too-i recall faking your second death in Andunor, huge fun. :D

As most memorable cycles with Yasdia i will recall the time before the Floods in UD when Pit was run from shadow by Thar'n, and his man including Yasdia and his merc group, there was also Keilz'erquin, Valas Noquar, Basclyn and Wenair...dunno if i ever met the larger and darker group of misfits :D
But those were indeed great fun time, i think policy of DM was changed and they interact with players more what was something amazing after all that long RP regarding Ilithids. Really pre-flood time was my best time i had on this server (kudos to DM Iron back than and one more that i cant recall) where Yasida played a bit different but important role for survival of underdark.

I hope we get some kind of "Yasdia's Epiloge" in IC STORIES, yes?

livingNPC

Post by livingNPC » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:15 am

Epiloge would roughly be about Yasdia trying to topple the Temple of Lloth, seeing as he was a Vhearunite. Which is why I always tried to unite the drow with army factions, cause Lloth is all about chaos and in fighting.

I think the drow united warband still stands, independently in the Devil's table, with the same name Yasdia picked for it (small win for him). Yasdia is also a females name (another jab at Lloth) , Yazdrin is the male version of Riddle Rogue. Only surfacers picked it up that his name was female, which is why people were always surprised he was a male when we met.

Ideally I wanted Yasdia to fail and be sacrificed to Lloth, but I didn't have the free time to play often enough to make the story happen. I still envision him as dead now, instead of living happily ever after somewhere else.

vaclavc

Post by vaclavc » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:37 am

Playing Yasdia's student and member of Cloak and Dagger staff was great deal of fun, bro. Yasdia was great character and assassin RP with him, Dachlattes's char and Q was awesome :-)
-V-
Retired characters: Thazmudin; Cyrianthir; Zalastrien; Nebuzirah; Qaenuhir; Toruvilen Sivolun; Vaeluzir.

Dachlatte

Post by Dachlatte » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:32 am

I'll miss him.

Roshamboe

Post by Roshamboe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:47 pm

I remember Yasdia's early taunting/training of Vindel. Your RP is top notch and looking forward to seeing you on another PC.

Marinhos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Marinhos » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:13 pm

the greatest master! You must come back!

Lost Valkyrie

Post by Lost Valkyrie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:17 pm

One of my favorite characters played by a great player. Enjoyed our time with Sheen and he greatly and always looked forward to our meetings (sorry I rolled her all of a sudden leaving you unemployed).

Hope you play another Drow of consequence in the future.