Bernadette

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rockstar1984

Bernadette

Post by Rockstar1984 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:04 pm

I want to give Bernadette's player some major kudos. I've seen the altar in the Bramble Woods desecrated a few times with no description or rp interaction it meant nothing. So thank you for being the first one to desecrate the altar and actually have some rp around it. The change of description was quite creepy and disturbing, and the way in which she dropped it in front of the Logjam to present it was just so cruel and brilliant.

Of course this is only the beginning of what I think will be a beautiful... enmity. Bernadette has been the source of a lot of trouble, social conflict, and discussion and rumors among characters across the isle. But now she's picked a fight with the Sunites. It's been a long time since one of my characters has had an enemy of their own like this, and Alice will retaliate. I look forward to seeing how this plays out!

Edit: And kudos to the other members of the Hand of Humanity that I have either seen briefly, or have not yet seen. Although Bernadette is the only one that I have had much IC interaction with, I'm sure you've all had your fair share of plotting and part to play in this as well, and I can't wait to see more of your characters eventually.

Oh the year was 1778...

Arise_Gargantua

Re: Bernadette

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Is this the same Bernadette who showed up years back, and just stood around slagging everyone off?

If so, incredibly well played. There were times I just gawped at my screen.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Did that Bernadette go on constantly about "damn knife-ears?"

Oh the year was 1778...

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:23 pm

I can confirm that was the same Bernadette, yes! She's been around longer than you think!

Some Kudos of my own to one of my favourite Arelithians. Please don't go away again!

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Yea same Bernadette, extra Kudos from me. She plays the part brilliantly and creates a lot of fun RP and conflict, well done :D

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Echohawk » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Everytime I hear Burnadette's around, I smile as a player. Because you know,
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:35 pm

I get a very strong Professor Umbridge vibe from Bernadette. She's a very well-written antagonist.

(Antagonist in Jad's perspective, of course :P )
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Echohawk wrote:Everytime I hear Burnadette's around, I smile as a player. Because you know,
My sentiments exactly. In fact I'm constantly hoping that she makes an appearance whenever I log on.

Oh the year was 1778...

Arise_Gargantua

Post by Arise_Gargantua » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Azyrah HATED HER SO MUCH back in the day, but the player is so lovely
Song of my soul, my voice is dead, die thou, unsung, as tears unshed shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Bernadette is one of the few bad guys that you can go confront and not get annihilated by death magic. So I appreciate that for sure, things take a different turn then just dying.

She's been an agreeable enemy and Lynn is always on the look out for any of her workings.
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

Lady of Memes

Post by Lady of Memes » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:24 am

Rockstar1984 wrote:
Echohawk wrote:Everytime I hear Burnadette's around, I smile as a player. Because you know,
My sentiments exactly. In fact I'm constantly hoping that she makes an appearance whenever I log on.
REE

"In the words of someone wise, it's sad to make passive aggressive complaints on kudos forums."

Bernadette

Post by Bernadette » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:41 am

Thanks Everyone! I'm really happy on how every encounter has gone and that I haven't hurt anyone's feelings, the one thing I've dreaded about playing evil.

Bernadette is about 5-6 RL years old. How she is still alive is beyond me. And I remember her encounters with Azyrah. I am sure they included insults of her lack of hair.

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:01 am

Bernadette wrote:Thanks Everyone! I'm really happy on how every encounter has gone and that I haven't hurt anyone's feelings, the one thing I've dreaded about playing evil.
Bernadette is a huge breath of fresh air. While there are many villainous characters on the server Bernadette is one of the few villains that I feel is actually tangible. As Frozen pointed out, you can have social interactions with Bernadette without fear of being death magicked or blown up on the spot. Also as I have seen she'll find ways to antagonize characters in cruel and clever ways. Definitely keep it up!

Oh the year was 1778...

Iwanttobethegirlwiththemostcake

Post by Iwanttobethegirlwiththemostcake » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:58 pm

While Ava and Bernadette don't get along, she's still my current favorite bad guy.

Willy Wonka~s Protege

Post by Willy Wonka~s Protege » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm

FrozenSolid wrote:Bernadette is one of the few bad guys that you can go confront and not get annihilated by death magic. So I appreciate that for sure, things take a different turn then just dying.

She's been an agreeable enemy and Lynn is always on the look out for any of her workings.
Is why Eli just hugs her.. and carries her away, flirting.
Great RP concept and carry through.
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

Rp isn't about equality it's about fantasy and fun!

Mr_Rieper

Bernadette Branding:

Post by Mr_Rieper » Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 pm

I thought about creating a new thread, but then I thought I'd just bump this one instead.

Surprise surprise, Bernadette is still awesome.

First I'd like to pay my respects to the player. I sincerely look forward to every interaction, and I cannot say that in many situations these days. It's never boring, it's never a chore, and it's never frustrating. You are a roleplay machine, with blood instead of oil. Thank you for being such a pleasure to work with, and write a story alongside.

Now for the character? She's simply great. On the surface, it's easy to get who she is and what she does. However, when you really get stuck into the roleplay, her personality and history go far, far deeper, and this is what makes her memorable and great. I was overflowing with emotion during the whole session. Reading about her crying out in pain made me squirm, and it made me want to hug her.

Seriously, thank you for being here. Thank you for playing fair, it's a rare thing sometimes. I'd say thank you for playing the villain, but I'm not quite sure whether she's the villain or victim right now, and I'd say that makes her one of the most memorable characters to me.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Thu May 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Yeah, I must recall Kudos for Bernadette, she is a truly villain, but a villain that offers a feeling of real humanity, which offers a great character, and this only comes from a great RPer behind it, thank you very much for everything you have done so far!

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Thu May 25, 2017 9:32 pm

all my luvs.