"This will be an age of wolves." Kudos from Stellen Varg

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Jack Oat

"This will be an age of wolves." Kudos from Stellen Varg

Post by Jack Oat » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 am

I've been playing Varg for a long time now and realized that I haven't written kudos. This is going to be a LONG list, but I'll do my best to break it down into segments of his being and work from there!

[INCEPTION & THE NINEFOLD STAR]
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." -Genesis 1:2

Morgan Gracehold: The first character I remember interacting with on Stellen for anything meaningful, Morgan provided not only an interesting take on faith and family, but also hours of awesome RP and some pretty on-cue tasks that helped shape starting Stellen.

Mary Blythe: Largely one of the most influential characters on Stellen in all my time playing him. Mary brought the perfect mixture of zeal and realism, always seeming a bit crazy-- but still with that difficult, "Human" touch. As RP continued, interactions with Mary became even better.

Lucia Malveaux: "Hell is empty and all the devils are here." -William Shakespeare, The Tempest. Lucia was, and is, absolutely PHENOMENAL. I can think of no words of praise that fully encompass how amazing the player is at taking the "human" element of a character and forging it into something so circumspect and real. Every interaction with Lucia was a hotbox of "Oh snap am I about to be killed?" mixed with "Aww yea I'm doing everything right." It was amazing. You're amazing. Please don't leave.

Andelos Sulril: "Hello me, is that you?" Andelos and Varg, though our interactions were slimmer than I cared for, were always a great pairing. I remember the first time meeting Andelos and wondering "why is there a copy of Stellen here?" The passing and all the RP that came of it were amazing.

Marya Althschuler: Another of the Infernalist crowd, and another amazing player and character. Marya bore the brunt of Wharftown nonsense, and did so well and in a believable way. Every interaction was a beautiful experience.

Shiera Sarhys: One of the longest lasting, Shiera has been an amazing player throughout all of the characters of theirs I've had the privilege to play with. One of my largest hopes is that we'll be able to play again in the future.

Alphelius: Another Brother, Alphelius was one of my first introductions on Varg to Infernalism and intelligence games. A convincing character, an interesting companion, a scary fighter.

The Stag: Gone, but not forgotten. They, with Andelos, were a huge influence on the direction I wanted to take with the character and how Varg ended up becoming. I wish there had been more interactions with them, but the few I was able to have were amazing.

Nikolaus Snyderthen: The subject of many IG events on Stellen, Nikolaus was steadfast and awesome to play with. He helped show just how much a character can change, and how Human characters really can be.

Ann Thrule: Every interaction was amazing and helpful, and it really is Ann that showed how to play an evil faction leader convincingly and in such a way as to encourage and foster positive RP.

Caroline Smith: Talk about a whirlwind of emotions. Every interaction with Caroline was like a painstaking game of chess, and it really was Caroline that helped form the foundations of who Stellen was. Were it not for the convincing interactions and thoughtful conversations and encounters, I think I would have given up on him a long time ago.

Alfhild Gerdrsdóttir: One of the Northerners and another major influence, Alfhild was the kinder side of the Ruathym Duo. They brought out the origins of Varg in an interesting and fluid dynamic.

Ragnarr Eriksson: The other side of the Duo, Ragnarr was the perfect combination of tough and believable with his own flaws, vices, strengths, and virtues. The player always makes great characters like this, but that takes nothing away from how awesome Ragnarr was.

[REPENTANCE & THE CORDOR GUARD]
"He is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." -2 Peter 3:9

Marshall Carpenter: Marshall was one of the largest driving factors in turning Varg to a new direction. The RP was amazing all around and provided just the motivation and effort needed to turn the bloody thug into a "not as bad" guy.

Lairilwa Seel: The first person to give Stellen any responsibility after the big turn-around, Lairilwa paved the way for huge amounts of complex, morally dubious RP. Without her, it's likely I wouldn't have come up with much of anything for Varg to do. That opportunity helped enable so much.

Catherine LeBlanc: One of the three people who made playing the leader of a massive faction possible. Catherine not only worked hard, but was a mysterious character with their own equally mysterious agenda.

Aelix Helhammer: Another hard worker, Aelix was a steadfastly "neutral" guy whose response to most of the common Cordor climates was a simply shrug. It helped shape the view that maybe not every minor thing needs to be addressed.

Lysandre Pollux: The steadfast third Lieutenant and probably one of the few people who were overtly good, but who also had a sketchy side.

Buster Roberts: "The Voice that Spoke Out." Interactions with Buster were always tense, but fulfilling. It was extremely enjoyable to see how everything unfolded between him and Stellen.

Maddison & Lessinor Ardath: From a pair of quizzical youths to the Maskarran Powerhouse, these two were inseparable from the start. Every interaction was tense, shady, but worth it.

The Rest of the Guard: There are so many names and so many interactions I can't think of them all. To everyone I had the privilege of playing with in the Guard the first (and second!) go around, thank you. It was an absolute blast.

[THE INTERIM]
"The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied." -Proverbs 13:4

Rannos Susidian: Interactions with Rannos were always a mixture of courtly courtesy and tense distrust sewn into common goals and a hopeful future. I can't say much more. RP was always amazing, believable, and held that "Game of Thrones" vibe to it.

Eamon Voigte: Easily one of the biggest catalysts to the eventual conversion, Eamon, the player, and every ounce of RP we had were amazing. Please don't go. Please bring him back.

Heinrich Weyer & Vivian LeChaunce: Wat.

Rosalie Raynor: "The Skeptic." Rosalie was harsh, and rightfully so. Where others were more accepting, she presented the orthodox, stubborn, unwaivering side of "Team Good."

Elenia: Another sketchy side, interactions with Elenia were always entertaining and conflict-filled in a way that provided RP and purpose.

Asb'el Dore: "The Brutal Diplomat." Asbae was amazing to play with, and played the role of "Infernalist Dutchess" extremely well. From start to finish, every bit of it was amazing.

Vrigor: Never did I think I'd interact with an Underdarker in the way I got to play with Vrigor. Over and over I was impressed. Continuous effort helped drive their relationship forward. Rest assured, I DO plan to continue interacting with you! Initially Vrigor and Stellen were paired through a common service, but even beyond that the amazing roleplay and directions that each character took were stellar. Time and time again I was impressed with the depth Vrigor's player had gone in making his character believable and also neutral(ish). Soon I hope we'll be able to pick up where we left off.
Now read the first letter of each of those sentences.

Rauvlin Xun'viir: "The Rebel." Rauvlin helped break the mold I'd stereotyped in my head (as a player) in regards to how Drow RP can be. Without them, I doubt I would have had nearly as much fun interacting with Underdarkers as I do now.

I'll save Kudos to the more recent interactions for a later date, but I wanted to get these down and ready for all the stuff that's happened in the past. Thank you to everyone I've had a chance to interact with for making this experience and character so much fun, and I hope I've been able to reciprocate the same!

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

StealthyKraken

Re: "This will be an age of wolves." Kudos from Stellen Varg

Post by StealthyKraken » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:19 am

OHMYGODYOUSCAREDME! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I thought you had rolled with all those sweet artefacts still on him, or even worse, just without giving me some. My heart.
gilescorey wrote:I'm very gay

My decency

Post by My decency » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 am

Jack Oat wrote: Elenia: Another sketchy side, interactions with Elenia were always entertaining and conflict-filled in a way that provided RP and purpose.
Stellen made me second guess -delete_character'ing Elenia the day I logged in and just went "goodbey elenia." He was definitely a blast to rp with and I really, really enjoyed all of the interactions between them. Sad I don't get to see him as much with who I'm playing now, but I still look forward to any and all interactions with you and your characters.
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Yesthyra 'Yessy' Rosewillow
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 am

Jack Oat wrote:Andelos Sulril: "Hello me, is that you?" Andelos and Varg, though our interactions were slimmer than I cared for, were always a great pairing. I remember the first time meeting Andelos and wondering "why is there a copy of Stellen here?" The passing and all the RP that came of it were amazing.
Haha, I remember that. Everything was the same except the hair colour. Eerie. It was good times, man. Stellen's tight, and I've seen a lot of cool stuff he's done from a distance ever since. Keep on.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:48 am

Actor 1: susitsu
Actor 2: Jack Oat
And...action!

pigman

Post by pigman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 am

Aware he wasnt important to varg, but varg meant a lot to conor! You were the first one he could trust to kill him "honourably" so that conor could communicate with his god.

Nekonecro

Post by Nekonecro » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:27 am

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT YOU ROLLED HIM!

I was about to flail like there was no tomorrow

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 am

I didn't expect to see Nik there but when I did I remembered how many interactions the two actually had. From FoD bandits round-them-up to Andy's last night in the world (urgh, screw you cj ): ). So, so many events and so many words- This is probably my favorite quote from Varg:

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:10 am

Stellen and Eldwyn need to talk more, and soon. Partly because there's RP reason for it, and partly because I just like the character you've made. Kudos to you, Jack...
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 pm

You flatter me. Thanks. Ive always enjoyed stellen. My drow doesn't know at any given time if she's better off betraying him or maintaining their odd comradery.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Lady of Memes

Post by Lady of Memes » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Don't scare me like that. Also, Lairilwa ended up hating varg so flipping much ahahaha. Completely love it.

"In the words of someone wise, it's sad to make passive aggressive complaints on kudos forums."

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:08 am

Thanks! I always enjoyed Buster's confrontation with Varg as well. Even on Buster, the dude is as intimidating as hell, and I'm still looking for more chances to rp with him. Kudos right back atchia!

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:14 am

Thanks for the kudos bro, you've played a lot of great characters over the years but I have to say, Stellen is right up there, along with Leo. In fact, dare I say it, I actually appreciate Stellen more, as he's not quite what you'd expect him to be. He walks a dangerous path, and is a machine of resolve, a beast of conviction.

He's the man of iron, and I'm proud to be on the receiving end of your praise. It means a lot. Keep being a great leader, and a great personality in Varg.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

Willy Wonka~s Protege

Post by Willy Wonka~s Protege » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:35 pm

When Varg dies, Eli is going to kill him..

One of those.. times have I felt a niche, that solid flow from a character so strongly as Stellen Varg.
So strongly that even before they got along, before they shared words, he watched him like a hawk waiting for the coming (me with enjoyment).

Then what would seem the impossible you made a dent on that bardic elf whose friendly to everyone, enough that he had to be real. A rare thing for this character to deal with, when its's good.. Eli knows the end is coming (which is huge character development across the board for all who interact with Varg) and a rare story end unless you start old. Something I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with before, much less from someone a character was close to and something I feel a long lived character should have experienced. Stellen Varg will no doubt remain a whisper in the echos of myth on Arelith. (Even if it's only because he took sides with the devil's during a war). Although Eli will put a twist on the stories of Stellen Varg, so worry not.

#HateStartingKudosThreads
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

Rp isn't about equality it's about fantasy and fun!