Asbae says bye

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

A Mystery Clock

Asbae says bye

Post by A Mystery Clock » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Indeed, Lady Dorè is rolled. Satan Claus is no more.

I'd love to thank all the people who contributed to her story, which are definitely WAY too many to list here. It would take me way too long to praise them individually, but off the top of my head:

EDIT:

alphellius, romantic interest
nyilan, unexpected business partner, and they saved each other's lives
amra, best advisor ever

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW SUSITSU

The old guard:

Talyrrae/All the Xun'viir - I made Asb'el as an alt, originally, to break away from Six and her underdark predator RP. Asb'el was originally meant as a support/merchant character for the UD and I actually did not expect her to grow to be actually appreciated by the drow community. It was meant to be a challenge, in a time when humans were not accepted in Andunor, vying for survival. The Xun'viir were a very dark skinned family to her, and the roleplay was great from the beginning to the end. A shout out to Rauvlin (VASS!) and Wheua (Little Sister!) for some memorable moments.

Zestra and her Court. The first queen. Plenty of good memories revolving around her. In Zestra's time, jalil were jalil, jaluk were jaluk, and humans were the lowest of the food chain. Ah, those were the days!

Rosario: the first slave, and the only one she properly bothered to break. Rosario taught me that slaves are a lot of fun, and a lot of work. Nobody quite managed to top him in companionship and quality, and I wish he had lasted a long longer than he did.

Vindel: ah, drow love. Another good character, another good story. I feel that the Vindel period was actually the golden age of this character's roleplay, and that the second wind was not as amazing as the first.

Oturo/Moryan/Grumpy as Maximillion: the stars of the Blood War. The event was without a doubt -the- most important twist in her career, and together with Vindel's pressure signed the shift between egocentric and petty pacted to actual crusader of the hells.

The new guard:

Alejandro: the beginning of the end. Alejandro left such a deep impression it pretty much set the start of a chain reaction that ultimately led to her attempted (?) redemption. Speaking of which...

Azrael, Gyr, Lyre, Alastor, Daltanius, Amadeo, JADOTH, Talon, Moira, Malixtra, Arakh: I absolutely loved the messiness that accompanied the last stages of Asb'el's life. Unfortunately, I really did not feel like rerolling her from level one up, but you -will- get a little surprise, hopefully soon, that will allow me to partially continue that intent.

Kobolds: Kobolds are the best. Nothing brings joy in the life of a pacted like the gentle petpatting of little kobold feet all over the Estate floor. The players were delightfully supportive too, and I am happy their numbers are growing.

I will edit and add more. But right now I'm too tired. See you soon!
Last edited by A Mystery Clock on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Troglodyte Kisses

Re: Asbae says bye

Post by Troglodyte Kisses » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Mithreas wrote:Not to mention, improving the AI will upset the balance of pretty much every area in the module. That was always what scared me off it :)
yellowcateyes wrote:Is there a balance to be upset?
Troglodyte Kisses.

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Dorè will be sorely missed, Arelith just lost one of its best characters.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 pm

This seems abrupt. I was hoping for some future interactions =(
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

My decency

Post by My decency » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:49 pm

*slams a fist on the desk* I AM STILL MAD AT YOU! And Mithspira will never be the same. :( Asb'el was so intimidating for Mithspira...right up until Taly actually introduced the two...and then Mithspira basically dragged Asbae back down like "Okay...this is where you're wrong kiddo. We need you." And now she's just in a "Well now I need to show up for a change. :/ I don't have anyone else to step up for me anymore."

I love you as a player so much, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds!
Elizabeth 'Jezebel' Kingsley
Yesthyra 'Yessy' Rosewillow
Alais Kingsley
Hunter548 wrote:Sun elves are culturally evil by any standard that isnt slobbing corellons knob

Roshamboe

Post by Roshamboe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 pm

*Offers a long red-rose*

Diegovog

Post by Diegovog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 am

Noooo... :(

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 am

You have three characters of mine I expect to see up here!

...You gosh darn heartbreaker. Our final roleplay was absolutely satisfying, but left me desiring so much more. Your roleplay has always been exceptional and enjoyable. You certainly put in a lot more effort than I do nowadays, and it bothers me when I see your roleplay that I don't put in more effort.

While all the same time, always leaving me a happy camper at the end of each interaction.

God speed, Clock.

Phaesporia

Post by Phaesporia » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 am

She will definitely be missed! I look forward to seeing what you have in store and this little "surprise" you have planned! You, as a person, had a huge impact on my RP experience and Asb'el as a character had ONE HELL of an impact on Lyre. Without her, my little blonde bombshell of destruction would still be jaded and cold...Plus, Asb'el sent Lyre to Amraphensbane and Khabul...It's been amazing so far, talks of eating a Deva and all! Thank you, Clock. I hope you enjoy your new adventure :)
+1
Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 am
This is absolutely astonishing, in that my personal suggestion would be the total removal of the mechanical slavery system.

Rodent

Post by Rodent » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:58 am

*Hostiles*

Asb'el was fun. Take care, and hope to see you on something new in the not-too-distant future.

IIllII

Post by IIllII » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:58 pm

rolling characters should be a crime tbh

Ramza

Post by Ramza » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:11 am

Asbel, you never paid all the coin you owed Khabul for keeping stuff together for the longest time! HRRRRRRRRN!

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Asbye d'awwww.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

ChaoticCuriosity

Post by ChaoticCuriosity » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Asb'el's finally gone? Now we're down on blondes in the UD, making it all the more dark and hard to see things!

Hope at least you got a good reward for it, and looking forward to RPing with yah on your new character!
#MakeTeaGreatAgain
#GonnesAndRoses

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:42 pm

I'M HAPPY. AND SAD STILL.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Rauvlin will miss the only non-drow she truly considered an equal and friend.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)