To the dev team

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cortex

To the dev team

Post by Cortex » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

For going that extra mile to improve the server, I'm well aware that a lot of changes are not properly appreciated, but I believe each of them has a purpose, much like the subrace/gift system and how it's now much easier to modify these subraces and gifts without fear of breaking another. Even if reaching that point may still take a few tweaks and improvements.

It's been too long since I last saw a server full (and never did I see 96+ people online simultaneously in any other server), and I'm of the belief that reaching that at this day and age is the fruit of labor the devs put into Arelith. Something I feel sometimes goes under appreciated and forgotten in a whim when anything people may not like comes to fruition, more worried about the "what is now" rather than "what will be".

Having exchanged a few words with a few people in the DEV team regarding future updates, I'm very confident in what they've in store, even if there'll be a few bumps on the road to further success.
:)

Umskiptar

Re: To the dev team

Post by Umskiptar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Kudos to the entire developer team for the recent updates. Keeping the server fresh after so many years without breaking the beautiful hak-free policy. Although I don't agree with the recent balance changes for the reason I think they limited variety, they keep getting better with time. We're getting used to them, I think.

Special thanks to Irongron for making all these changes possible and stepping up after Mithreas left.
Special thanks to Scholar Midnight for all the performance improvements.
Special thanks to Dunshine for the new areas and the lasso update.
Special thanks to ActionReplay for being Captain Underdark and creating Wild Mages.
Special thanks to Peppermint for the best summon update ever and overall hard work on the script of the server.

Thank you for making this old game very enjoyable for everyone.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:39 pm

I don't do mechanics well. BUT. I can see the dev team is absolute busting Snuggybear of late. For free. Despite a million people going "URE DOIN IT RONG".

I have had the pleasure of interacting with Peppermint who is fantastic. Scholar knows their stuff HARD and I respect that a lot. Dunshine and AR have also done a ton, I just don't know them well. :)

We're grateful for all you guys do. Thanks a lot!
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Commissar

Post by Commissar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Absolutely. The new updates are incredible, as is the work that must've gone into them. Thank you to everyone who's given up their time to help make this old game an absolute ball.
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 pm

As mad as I constantly get on the forums, these updates really have been amazing. Especially the summon update.

Dean

Post by Dean » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Here here, all hail the devs!

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:34 am

Never thought I would completely agree with you on something, Cortex. Admittedly, my coming back to forums after my hiatus has highlighted the fact that you've done some work to change how you handle things in general. So kudos to you as well.

But to the matter at hand.

Dev team: You are doing some astonishingly good work and balancing things long overdue and finding new and improved ways to tweak things all the time. Keep up the good work but don't you dare burn out. Pace yourselves, you are doing so much work all the time I am frankly afraid you might spontaneously combust.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Owen

Post by Owen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:08 am

*slow golf-clap* Cheers!

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:35 am

Kudos to the devs for the new updates and the effort to roll back powercreep by removing half of the infinicaster classes.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Peppermint is straight fire.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Iceborn

Post by Iceborn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 am

The Wild Mage is, by all means, my favorite class/path in the game, but I always knew it would get eventually nerfed. We all knew it was a little too powerful, and I was always afraid that it would lose something great of its essence when the day was to arrive.

To my surprise, the nerf was both rational and kept everything that I like of the class untouched and retained everything that I find great of it, whilst balancing it back to what I hope is an acceptable level.

Kudos for that one, too.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:24 am

I thought Wildmage was already balanced in that sometimes you SUNSTRIKE yourself to death...or, my personal favorite, immolate your entire party in a FREAKIN' VOLCANO!!!

But seriously, KUDOS to the team. I know we're working out the kinks on a lot of things, but particularly the IMP IMPlementation (yes, I just went there) really makes for an otherworldly feel to the race. This is high-level craftsmanship and one of the reasons why Arelith is still thrilling the masses.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:49 pm

You need to slow down. we cannot handle this amount of fantabulous new content, tweaks and overhauls

<3

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:41 pm

WEll done group!!! Now only Slime Totem and you are done! :D

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Oh it's a new day let's see what's new on Arelith

Oh wow another update

Let's check again tomorrow

Holy crap another update

Now we are just being spoiled.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 pm

...There are so many updates I'm actually having trouble keeping up with them all. You guys are amazing.

Also, a specific update shout out -
Peppermint wrote:- Clarity now has a 12 round cooldown. We hope this change will introduce windows of vulnerability to mundanes without skewing the scales too much in casters' favor. We're well aware that this change has huge implications, however, so we'll certainly keep a careful eye on how this plays out and make adjustments if necessary.
This is a very ingenious approach to the situation that I'm eager to see the results of.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

PenguinNinja

Post by PenguinNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 pm

While I may not always agree with every change to the server, the blackguard update was easily the best one to day, in my opinion. :twisted:

Dachlatte

Post by Dachlatte » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:09 am

Thank you Devs!