Talassan Spice

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

kittenblackfriends
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Talassan Spice

Post by kittenblackfriends » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:28 pm

We went to get adamantine. We came back with a group splintered by ideals. Totes funs! And then some of us split anyways to go get the adamantine XD

Korianna, Malak, Duncan, Daltanius, Aeriel, Ryth. Lots of love ♥

And, ofc, Wish. "Wait! What's that?"
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Talassan Spice

Post by Bashagain » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Kudos to Korianna and Duncan for accurately portraying the emotional rollercoaster of a married couple under stress of perilous adventure. Love, respect, laughter, tears, angst, and public display of affection -- it's all there.

Kudos to Liunia for portraying the mysterious, unfathomable, and deadly elven stalker. She's a reliable ally, but something about her sends chill up Daltanius' spine... Oh it's because she's a deadly elven stalker!

Kudos to Aeriel for nailing the role of a paladin's foil. She played the sympathetic dove as foil to Daltanius' normally unforgiving hawk.

Kudos to Duskaria for playing the clear headed Mystran. Moral clarity based on FR lore is championed aptly by her words and actions... AND she agrees that Daltanius has qualities to make him a good husband if was not a celibate 28 year old virgin!

Kudos to Ryth for being the action hero that he is. Grabbing the Talossian Mage by the scruff and interrogating him for the Chalice was straight out of Shaft - Canst thou dig it?!

Kudos to Malak for slaying that elusive Ogre Magi. The ogre came to get the jump on Daltanius as he rested. Malik chased away the bad ogre and smote him dead, sending him tumbling down a set of stairs with a James Bond-like one liner, "A fitting end." Then, he just walked back. Badass? Oh yes.
Last edited by Bashagain on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

kittenblackfriends

Post by kittenblackfriends » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:11 pm

If he's 38, Dusk is 40. >.>;

Curses to him having vows of celibacy! She doesn't mind the chastity, but the celibacy prevents him from taking any kind of lover :(
Gandalf wrote:Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.

Bashagain
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Bashagain » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Oops! I meant 28! LOL
"Drider-man, with Great Smite cometh Great Responsibility to SMITE THEE!!!" - Erik Silverarms, in The Underdark. Circa AR 63

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Bashagain wrote:Kudos to Korianna and Duncan for accurately portraying the emotional rollercoaster of a married couple under stress of perilous adventure. Love, respect, laughter, tears, angst, and public display of affection -- it's all there.
I can honestly say I've never been more flattered. That's some of the best feedback I've ever had.

Some of those scenes were so intense, and I'm honoured I got to be a part of it. Those scenes were only what they were for all the participants.

Special mention to Ryth for having to be the one brave enough to send the hormonal angsty mage off the field. Braver than I'd have been, to be sure!

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:19 pm

That whole session was a pretty crazy run, with the craziest ending too when most had already left. Lots of moral questions that were kind of difficult to lay out with my character - Great stuff!

Special thanks to the DM, I think it was DM Wish?

Had a great day with you people, thanks.

DM Wish

Post by DM Wish » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Wordless Truth wrote: Special thanks to the DM, I think it was DM Wish?
I claim the fifth in terms of any involvement and in addition I'll have you know all those player characters were dead before I arrived.

Katahdin

Post by Katahdin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:04 am

Now that the events of that day have allowed a brief respite I'll add a kudos.

It's taboo to say it, but so often we make cliques. We play with those same people or characters day after day. The final leg of this DM event led three characters into the abyss. I personally only knew the other two as mild acquaintances. And suddenly we were tied together. Thrust into each others worlds, each others role play. For three days we were together as often as possible. We shared each others problems, and interacted with each others "cliques". It's a shame it took a DM event to force that, but I have had good role play with new people.

Wordless Truth wrote:the craziest ending too when most had already left. Lots of moral questions that were kind of difficult to lay out with my character.
It's hard to know whats right or wrong in situations where every option seems like a bad option. Although she would never state it openly, my character shares those difficulties on just what was or wasn't morale. Decisions made, all we can do now is move forward accordingly. This is the hardest part for me. What comes next? I enjoy playing her as she is. However, anyone who brushes this off, no matter how strong willed, is surely ignoring role play.

Ryth: Kudos for holding Aeriel's hand and guiding her as she has embarked on the most treacherous journey of her life. And for being such a good sport with all her drama and high maintenance ic and ooc.

There are other names that I'm reluctant to give as its still ongoing.

Wish: a special shout out to you for a well done event that left strangers tied together. And a reminder/request to stay true to your NPC's roleplay. Aeriel can handle the consequences.

Template: For the mastermind behind this whole thing, I think? Im being stalked by a pair of dm's who are hellbent (pun intended) on ruining my character. And loving it.
Last edited by Katahdin on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astral

Post by Astral » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:35 am

I cant tell you people how much pure fun it all has been and still is. All of the involved, each, contributed the unique and deep personalities and decision making of their characters and it was a dynamic mix creating a strong hive-brain fighting in the name of the Good!

Special Kudos to Aeriel who, time and time again, flexes and puts her character in grave dangers and never ending drama and makes sure everyone involved have tones of fun!

Edit: How can I forget Wish??? The one who constantly messes with my character's head and makes sure it's NEVER too easy. "Darn it Ryth...."
Currently playing: Seth Xylo