"What else am I?"

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

"What else am I?"

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Thu May 24, 2018 4:47 am

So Valryne set off on a boat today never to return to Andunor. It was a lot of fun at times, but as some folk know, downright frustrating, so it was for the best, really.

But I do want to give a shout-out to some very special people.

Kron Xun'viir - So determined was he, only to turn his back. I could've seen Val joining the house, easily, and it was something she'd always advocated. But from Kron she learned that sometimes her people do stupid things for little gain. It was a hard lesson. But I had a lot of fun with Kron about. Was sweet having my own pet swordsman at the tender levels helping me through my writs. So thank you!

Vance Gravelle - And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you take an IC quest that everyone else seems to know the solution to except you, and make it fun to discover the answer. But I still maintain that dungeon discriminates against clerics. Vance took a fledgling necromancer and added interest and intrigue, slowly. So all Val was ever going to do was delve deeper. It was weird finding a cleric not of Val's faith had more in common with her than the rest of the Lolthites.

Ilphaeryl Xun'viir - The first mentor, and the last. A refresher I sorely needed having not played a Lolthite cleric since my first days on the server 10 years ago. And a refreshing take on it, something more in keeping with the place Andunor is. Not an easy path to walk. Shame about the whole "vassal" mess.

Idil'vas - HOW in the WORLD did Idil put up with all Val's nonsense? Seriously? I always wondered if or when Idil'vas was going to just gut me like a fish for continually getting in her business. I envy Idil'vas' patience. i likely will never have it.

Saslae Seeraerth - Keeping you on the path was sure tricky sometimes. But there was always fun with Saslae in the room. Especially the "small talk" aka "how to keep a head from sliding down off a pike".

Irsvearix... I can't spell it, the Kobold played by Luth, I think that's how you spell it? - Common sense, outside of the drow. Who'd have thought it? Kind of wish I'd had the patience to keep messing with you.

Invrae (last name I can't spell) - Necromancery plotting buddy. Suspicion repaid in kind. Val would've stayed and worked with you, but there were other things going on as well. I wonder if you'll ever find out...

DM Wish - You know what you did. You know how long you spent doing it. It was hella sweet to go out with some fireworks. :)

And finally Kalyin - I can't write most of this, for the sake of compromising continuing RP. But I want you to know how close you came and how much I admire the difficult path you walk IC. I really don't know how you do it. I think you know Val will miss you the most, and why. And not just for "that." Wisdom really can come from a male.
You are the only drow who knows the context of the title of this thread, and how Val's story ended. Maybe she'll find the answer, maybe she won't. Sometimes a question mark is the best ending.

There are probably more of you. Definitely. But it's 5.45am, I'm not sleeping so well, so if I have forgotten you, feel free to yell at me.

Peace out, you crazy Underdark peoples. You will be seeing me around.

Luth

Re: "What else am I?"

Post by Luth » Thu May 24, 2018 9:42 am

Yes, you did spell the kobbie's name properly! I'm glad you had funtimes with him, despite our brief encounters. Really wish to keep playing with you more if the chance arises.

Dragonfyre

Post by Dragonfyre » Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am

:(

Valryne was someone who always made Emelina feel (perhaps rightfully) scared shitless, whenever she was around. Every time she saw Valryne, my poor lil slave felt like she was walking around on eggshells - one wrong step (or wrong thing said), and something disastrous could happen. I'm going to miss that.
Active character(s): Emelina Selizar - A Slave No More

Others: Shea Webber (Retired and wandering the wilds with her beloved Xellree)

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Thu May 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Dragonfyre wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am
:(

Valryne was someone who always made Emelina feel (perhaps rightfully) scared shitless, whenever she was around. Every time she saw Valryne, my poor lil slave felt like she was walking around on eggshells - one wrong step (or wrong thing said), and something disastrous could happen. I'm going to miss that.
Damn, I knew I was going to forget someone. Sorry, Eme!

But you come on the "I can't say much for IC reasons" list, sadly. Truth be told, Val never quite knew what to make of you.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 am

While a lot of my favorite characters lately, have left Andunor? A lot of new good ones have cropped up ... and my plan with Saslae... is to be the historian to an effect. I'd like to see her with multiple generations of humans over time. Recording the wars. The factions. Telling people about things that happened in the past. Referencing so-and-so's parent character. Talking about the failings of past government administrations and so-on.

Saslae... I want to be 'supporting cast' for Andunor-- so when people come to play new characters there? They can always count on having Saslae to grab onto for local news, or information, or whatever as a common fixture of Andunor.

I loved Valryne. ; . ; Heads on pikes will always remind me of that conversation. <3

Some of my favorite occasions involving Valryne, was seeing her and Kron interact over some of the drama of the city. Saslae always had her eye on Kron ... but-- always kept a respectful and professional distance because of her respect for Valryne. I remember when Kron defeated the Beast.

I remember when Saslae killed the Xar'zith traitor~ (I imagine traitor, but it could have been a frame job! Saslae just knew she was being paid) ... and the whole Eilistraee rumor Saslae rejected.

I remember the heads on spikes conversation ... the mechanics of keeping it from slipping down the spear~ ... Valryne was good conversation glue.

Her reactions to the actions of others. That's a role I try to give Saslae -- and want to give her for the long-term.

Thank-you so much for your time. For being there. For RPing with us, and making Andunor a living place that reacts to our actions. I look forward to your next character. <3

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Thu May 31, 2018 5:01 am

Valryne was such a delightfully complex individual. There was such depth that I'm afraid not a lot of others ever saw. I'm honored to have been able to experience Val and most of her layers.

Very few know Kalyin well and the RP with Val allowed him to show aspects that many will never know and for that and many other things -- thank you. Valryne will be missed!
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."