Returned to the Soul Forge - Garmr Stonesoul

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Arithel 98

Returned to the Soul Forge - Garmr Stonesoul

Post by Arithel 98 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Well, in the solitude of his study, working on his research into Transmutative runes and attempting to build an Adamantine golem for the Golden Halls, the story of Garmr Stonesoul comes to be returned to the Soul Forge.

By and far one of my favorite characters to ever roleplay, Garmr was many things from friend, Ulstevaurd, and brethren to some, to others a mentor, and further a scourge to some. The thanks are too numerous to give out to everyone (and im terrible with most names)

Ghestaldt - Hah my cloak is still dirty! But honestly, you are above and beyond in your RP of Ghest and I cherish all of our IC and OOC conversations. You've given life to the Halls and as an oldie of Brogendenstein. Thank you for revitalizing it.

Falgrim - Fantastic job taking the Kuldarn and forging it into what it has become. I know Garmr was hard on you at times, but it was because he saw much potential to be tempered there.

Cregor - Always a good laugh and Garmr enjoyed Cregor's carefree lifestyle

Murin - Garmr had high hopes for you as warden and appreciates the RP we had.

Gorudan - Only a few instances we got due to play times mostly but I greatly enjoyed them. Gorudan is a perfect Herald, well done with the RP!

Dilir Firethorn - Although we did not get along IC or OOC really, the RP you brought did cause for Garmr to forge alot of his ideals and principles for dealing with other settlements and etc. So kudos for being the catalyst to cause that for Garmr.

Lissa - I enjoyed our tea and the moment atop the Hills of bendir will stay with me for some time.

Smut Trickstone - Thanks for the RP and labelling Garmr a heretic essentially even if it was to save the Grotto!

Kera - I enjoyed every talk we had. Keep up the great rp and story arc.

Terto - I wish we got more interactions, it was interesting to say the least.

Torlarnd - Thank you for all the RP and constantly meeting with Garmr about the Spriggan plot!

Fibbs - I miss you and your pies :P

Buppi- for someone Garmr was sure based off everything he initially knew, he would hate, you turned out to be awesome!

Narthor ~ I miss everything about Narthor, from Garmr and Him rambling in dwarven/elven to seeing a group of UD raiders cleansed from the ancestral home of Garmr's people. I truly cherish every moment we got to spend.

Keryvian ~ Same as above with Narthor. From your knighting, to your first answer to Garmr's call about the undead assaulting brogendenstein. You were a true and valued friend of Garmr. He was honored to be invited to the wedding and so, so much more. Kudos mate.

Alara - Where do I begin? From fireside chats in the pub to keeping you safe, I loved our talks and interactions.

Kethyra - I miss our tea time and Garmr highly valued Kethrya's insights.

Vaenthil- I enjoyed every interaction!

Marlevaur - Although gone, you were always viewed highly by Garmr as both a good friend and a good challenge to shake up Myon. Kudos on that character

Tianae ~ I miss the Archwizard and am still upset you didn't let Garmr come save you

Lunarya - Fantastic times, ill miss our interaction!

Eters - Fantastic RP even when you're facing two dragons and hordes of AoE spells :P

Laynaruil - I cherished our time together and greatly enjoyed the arc of breaking through to Alara.

Yeto- I enjoyed every chance at rp with you and we had some epic meetings that will last long for me! Even if we had complete different personality portrays :P

Dm template - Razath'gar'z ...enough said, hands down so much fun for Garmr to band the isle together.

Dm wish - Thank you for all the death ...i mean events ...yes events.

Dm titania - Thanks for all you 've done to assist brog with mini events alarge and small. I appreciated all from seeing the Soul forge's embers dropped onto a horde of duergar to reclaim an axe to the many duergar skirmishes. THank you and kudos!
Last edited by Arithel 98 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WanderingPoet

Re: Returned to the Soul Forge - Garmr Stonesoul

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:36 pm

Aww Garmr, I liked him a lot! I was hoping for more chances to RP with you but it was hard to get on at the same time.

Yeto will remember the ole' dwarf that he had a hard time understanding - but he knew that Garmr was highly intelligent and was a solid fellow.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Garm was THE ROCK.

F for respec
🤡

redhawx

Post by redhawx » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:57 pm

Ah.. Garmr.
Yeah he was harsh on Falgrim. But - It only served to inspire him to work harder. I wish Falgrim and Garmr would have had more interactions to be certain. That time in the Arena really helped to shape Falgrims understanding of warfare involving spells and magic.
I loved the concept of a dwarven rune-caster and in that regard, Garmr is still one of the few wizards to walk the halls since i started playing Falgrim this summer.

Imperatrix

Post by Imperatrix » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 am

Garmr was wonderful. (-:

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:14 am

Always loved Garmr and the player behind him. Hope you get some more time soon to play!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am

Ulstevuard Garmr the Wise, and you, deserve a significant share of the credit for revitalising Brogendenstein.

This is a sad day for the Dwarves!
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:31 pm

I recall many dwarfs departing from Brog at one time due to IRL and in that time was where Garmr left at least to me largest track , really you and Ghest pulled off that tricky time for any faction when playerbase shift and all who were part of factions know how frustrating and hard that can be.
I see Falgrim as someone who take Garmr's position and even furthering to other unexplored areas so i am glad to read here there is whole RP of their connection of those two as i was unable to witness it otherwise.

As for RP Garmr was great supporter of our little faction "bellow", shame that one little RP "incident" turned him that history "bellow" remember him in not such great value but that only gives even more flavour to the whole RP on Arelith and holds great value. :)

Blessed be the next faction who get you in their ranks, as i know what you can do as great "worker" and what amazing things you did before as player. KUDOS and farewell to Garmr!

P.S.
That Ulstevuard title was hardest thing for me to memorise :D

StoneBreaker

Post by StoneBreaker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:29 am

He will be greatly missed. I enjoyed our conversations. Kera will definitly be in a funk once she finds out.